Skype / gmail video call problem on Archos 80 G9

Guest minopica

Guest minopica

Hi All,

I am using Archos 80 G9 with latest firmware: 3.2.78 (Android 3.2.1). I installed also latest Skype version: v2.6.0.95.

Gtalk: If I receive a videocall then the video appears black and also my video is not sent (only audio is working on both sides). Starting from that moment, If I close gtalk, I can't use the camera (go to applications -> tap on Camera), an error appears every time I try to start the camera. The only way to resolve this issue is to restart the tablet.

Skype: the situation is similar, I can only perform voice call. If I try to make or receive a video call (including the video coming from internal archos camera), the screen on my tablet is always black and my video is not sent, only audio is working. If I not enable the video on my tablet then I am able to view the video from the sender, but my video is not transmitted to the other side.

Once I try to start a video call session using the archos internal camera, the Skype client got an error (Application Not Responding), so I have to force quit it. Starting from that moment I can't use the camera (go to applications -> tap on Camera), an error appears every time I try to start the camera. The only way to resolve this issue is to restart the tablet.

Note: I am using WiFi data bearer.

Is anyone using correctly Skype / gtalk in order to perform video call including the video captured with internal arches camera using the latest firmware 3.2.78 and the latest Skype / gtalk version ?

Edited by minopica

Would be nice to get a workaround!

Sending a video was possible for only one call... now impossible. tried all variations of the settings for the cam. also tried with other tablets, mobilephones and pcs. i wasnt able to get the camera back.

Hi All,

I am using Archos 80 G9 with latest firmware: 3.2.78 (Android 3.2.1). I installed also latest Skype version: v2.6.0.95.

Gtalk: If I receive a videocall then the video appears black and also my video is not sent (only audio is working on both sides). Starting from that moment, If I close gtalk, I can't use the camera (go to applications -> tap on Camera), an error appears every time I try to start the camera. The only way to resolve this issue is to restart the tablet.

Skype: the situation is similar, I can only perform voice call. If I try to make or receive a video call (including the video coming from internal archos camera), the screen on my tablet is always black and my video is not sent, only audio is working. If I not enable the video on my tablet then I am able to view the video from the sender, but my video is not transmitted to the other side.

Once I try to start a video call session using the archos internal camera, the Skype client got an error (Application Not Responding), so I have to force quit it. Starting from that moment I can't use the camera (go to applications -> tap on Camera), an error appears every time I try to start the camera. The only way to resolve this issue is to restart the tablet.

Note: I am using WiFi data bearer.

Is anyone using correctly Skype / gtalk in order to perform video call including the video captured with internal arches camera using the latest firmware 3.2.78 and the latest Skype / gtalk version ?