Liquid MT Warranty!?

Guest gifthorse

Guest gifthorse

Hi Guys,

I have had my Liquid MT since September but my screen has since developed a fault with the screen...... It seems to be some sort of pixel problem and I have a sort of ring of green little lines on the middle of the screens. I am wanting to send it to Acer to have it fixed on the warranty? But I don't have proof of purchase as it was a gift? Just wondering if anyone has any experience in returning handsets to Acer and whether they would need it for warranty?

Thanks

Guest akasma74

you can't do anything without a receipt, you have to ask it to the person who bought it for you

could you share the source of your information?

Guest chemicalbuz

could you share the source of your information?

you need to prove that you are for real the phone owner, there are 2 kind of warrenty: producer warrenty and seller warrenty, but for boot you need a receipt to have your phone repaired for free

Edited by chemicalbuz

Guest The PFY

I don't know which country you are in but I got mine repaired by Acer UK without any request for a copy of the receipt.

I had previously registered the phone with Acer and I just logged a case using the phone's serial number.

Note: Acer UK will provide you with details of their UPS account but UPS refused to arrange pickup as they said the post code didn't match the account details. I just sent it via Royal Snail special delivery. They also returned it the same way.

Guest akasma74

I don't know which country you are in but I got mine repaired by Acer UK without any request for a copy of the receipt.

I had previously registered the phone with Acer and I just logged a case using the phone's serial number.

Note: Acer UK will provide you with details of their UPS account but UPS refused to arrange pickup as they said the post code didn't match the account details. I just sent it via Royal Snail special delivery. They also returned it the same way.

Thanks mate, we're from the same country ;)

That's why I'm asking about the source. Registered my second-hand phone online with no problem.

Do they offer free pick-up then? Did they refund you postage?

Guest chemicalbuz

well maybe in UK you don't need it, good news for english people ;) in italy i had to send a copy of the receipt when i sent it to acer

Guest Hassled1

I contacted Acer today about a warranty return for the screen and they have asked for proof of purchase. I had not registered the phone with them so it makes sense to me.

I'm in the UK

Edited by Hassled1

Guest akasma74

I contacted Acer today about a warranty return for the screen and they have asked for proof of postage. I had not registered the phone with them so it makes sense to me.

proof of postage is not proof of purchase.

which country are you from?

Guest akasma74

I contacted Acer today about a warranty return for the screen and they have asked for proof of purchase. I had not registered the phone with them so it makes sense to me.

I'm in the UK

well.. as pointed out people above, you can register your phone online and arrange service procedures via Acer's web site..

I only asked questions that way so have no personal experience on what do they require if you need to repair something which covers by warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gifthorse

Well I explained the situation and Acer said it was OK without proof of purchase. I had the Phone collected on Tuesday 3rd Jan, I keep checking the customer portal on the Acer website and it says under repair. I wonder how long it will take for them to get it back to me?? It's been over a week now and didn't think it would take this long!!!

Guest akasma74

Well I explained the situation and Acer said it was OK without proof of purchase. I had the Phone collected on Tuesday 3rd Jan, I keep checking the customer portal on the Acer website and it says under repair. I wonder how long it will take for them to get it back to me?? It's been over a week now and didn't think it would take this long!!!

Did Acer pay for pick up? I think there should be something on their website regarding repair time, but it won't be very accurate as cases are always different.

Why don't you go to a seller of the phone? You could get a replacement until they organise repair and stuff according ho the law. I know, it's not so easy though..

Guest gifthorse

Did Acer pay for pick up? I think there should be something on their website regarding repair time, but it won't be very accurate as cases are always different.

Why don't you go to a seller of the phone? You could get a replacement until they organise repair and stuff according ho the law. I know, it's not so easy though..

Yes Acer pay for it to be collected and returned through UPS. I don't mind waiting it's just it was only a pixel problem with the screen, surely shouldn't take more than a week as the website update stated under repair on the 5th Jan!!

Guest gifthorse

Acer have confirmed that my handset is now fixed and will be delivered back to me before 1pm tomorrow through Royal Mail Special Delivery. So it's taken exactly 2 weeks from the day of collection!! No receipt or proof of purchase needed either.

Guest akasma74

Acer have confirmed that my handset is now fixed and will be delivered back to me before 1pm tomorrow through Royal Mail Special Delivery. So it's taken exactly 2 weeks from the day of collection!! No receipt or proof of purchase needed either.

Congratulations!

I still don't know why don't they respond on my question regarding warranty and proof of purchase - that's weird..

Guest akasma74

Huh, they eventually answered my question. As I bought my one off Ebay, they kindly requested to send my PayPal receipt to update their records ;)

Guest akasma74

Sent my PayPal receipt for my second-hand S120 to Acer yesterday and today received the answer:

Thank you for updating us with the proof of purchase. We have updated the date of purchase in our records, 10/12/2013 is the warranty expiry date for the product.

Great, I like it ;)

My LCD broke on the third day i bought my liquid mt without any apparent reasons. I took my phone to the acer service center. They took pics of it and forwarded claiming warranty. It got rejected. Then i messaged them myself. And they accepted it. (The phone had no scratches on it. Nothing at all) Because of holidays etc my phone got a bit delayed but i got it within a week.

I am starting to like Acer.