Compatibility of LiveView Application with ICS

Guest kamil205

Guest kamil205

I've installed ICS in my SGS. And running the LiveView Application do not list me the plugins, and I can use calendar. Has anyone else experienced this difficulty?

Since I not seing SE updating their app in the mean while, do you have any workaround, or possible solution? This could be a great moment to a custom Application to manage LiveView, free from the update delays that big companies seems to have.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kamil205

Hi, it works fine with my Galaxy Nexus so ICS doesn't seem to be the problem. wink.gif

Hum... App works, just not showing any plugins, which do you use? Maybe are a problem in the plugins themselves.

Guest adam1000rr

I tested a little further this weekend and it seems my plugins are not being loaded either..

I tried updating the firmware but i get an error when downloading from SE, have you guys successfully updated?

Edit:

I finally managed to update the firmware yesterday, no luck though, still not loading any plugins..

I get the error message "All Plug-ins already assigned" although I have none in the list dry.gif

Edited by adam1000rr

Guest adam1000rr

Further update: The only plugin that works for me is "Ah Watch" dry.gif

I have noticed the only plugins that load are ones that have their own application listed in the App Drawer. If you open them they will appear under LiveView plugins after a while..

Edited by adam1000rr

• 4 weeks later...
Further update: The only plugin that works for me is "Ah Watch"

I too have tried numerous plugins (most of the free ones showing up in market in fact) - working for me are:

ah watch

microtracks

mytracks

sportypal

at least one of those (mytracks iirc?) needed to be manually activated in liveview application settings. all other plugins installed fine, do NOT show up in liveview application or on the liveview device (but they DO show up in liveware manager as installed).

calendar notifications don't work at all for me (neither standard calendar app, nor 3rd party apps)

tested on ICS on SGT P1000

Guest adam1000rr

Ok, so after a lot of searching around i finally found this info which makes the plugins work on ICS!

If anyone wants to know how to get #LiveView Plugins working with #ICS here is a small howto:

1) Install ADW Launcher

2) Open ADW Launcher, longpress on the homescreen and create a "Custom Shortcut"

3) when selecting the shortcut target select "Activity"

4) Search the Plugin within the list and select the "****Preference" subnode

5) Press OK

6) Click on the new shortcut so that the preferences of the plugin will open

7) check the "Enabled" checkbox of the plugin

8) you are done the plugin should work now... but you need to restart LiveView-App to see them!

works well with all plugins I've tested for now ;-)

Edited by adam1000rr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For everyone having this marvellous watch, in www.tida.com.ar we developed a calendar app to see all your appointments and events. Just search for tida calendar in the app store.

Regards