Kernel 2.6.32.9

Guest vamshistunner

Guest vamshistunner

Hola guys, finally i made a kernel with Perfect Calibration and Improved Sensitivity.

Now screen NO MORE JUMPS TO LEFT while pressing applications.

Install at your OWN RISK

Kernel 2.6.32.9 #68 (Gen 1) (New)

CHANGELOG:

- Fixed lockscreen power issue.

Download link at bottom.

Kernel 2.6.32.9 #70 (Gen 2) (New)

Download link at bottom.

Kernel 2.6.32.9 #38 (Gen 1) (old)

CHANGELOG in addition to my previous kernel:

- Perfect Calibration

- Improved sensitivity

- Included few other cameras

- Added Governors:

* SmartassV2 ( I recommend )

* Interactive

* Smartass

- NTFS with R/W support

and few other changes. :D

Known Issues:

- Problem with lockscreen(takes few attempts to unlock).

-------------------------------------------------

Next new Kernel version will be 2.6.35.7. I am almost near to it. Need to sort out few things.

-------------------------------------------------

To change Governor Goto Cyanogenmod Settings -> Performance -> CPU Settings -> Available Governors-> and select. (Smartassv2 is Too Fast and Excellent)

Installation:

You need to have touch_to_key in /system/bin/ for it to work.

If you have latest Racerboys Rom's, you can just format boot and install through cwm.

If you are using my kernel in your ROM, hyperlink my name to this thread.

Do Not Mirror

Download HERE (Thanks Wooly_sammoth for hosting on your server)

Mirror: Download (Gen1) Download (Gen2)

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest Racerboy

@vamshi gratz on this new revised kernel, its super smooth and touch/sensitivity is spot-on for me, i also like the new features for cpu (smartassv2) great work :)

Guest Rahulj85

Hola guys, finally i made a kernel with good calibration and improved sensitivity.

Actually calibration and sensitivity is hard to be balanced for our resistive touch screens. If calibration accuracy is increased then sensitivity decreases and vice versa. I have somehow managed to balance both, may not be perfect for few. But i hope you like it.

Install at your OWN RISK

Kernel 2.6.32.9 #38

CHANGELOG in addition to my previous kernel:

- Good Calibration

- Improved sensitivity

- Included few other cameras

- Added Governors:

* Interactive

* Smartass

* SmartassV2 ( I recommend)

- NTFS with R/W support

and few other changes. :D

To change Governor Goto Cyanogenmod Settings -> Performance -> CPU Settings -> Available Governors-> and select.

Do Not Mirror

looks like i am the first one to try it out..downloading it right now..will try it out with #224 nightly..thanks for the upload vamshistunner..

Guest mladenovic73

When i try to unlock my phone i cant,the touch doesnt work and back,home and meni button.I must put battery out and restart.What is wrong?

I put new kernel over the cwm.

Guest vamshistunner

When i try to unlock my phone i cant,the touch doesnt work and back,home and meni button.I must put battery out and restart.What is wrong?

Did you put touch_to_key in /system/bin/ ?

If you have my previous kernel installed then you can just format boot and install.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest shharisree

almost same prblm 4 me...bt works with racerboys 257rom ...

@vamshi...great work again man...bt still bo2 is the champ 4 sense and calibration...

:(

Guest mladenovic73

Did you put touch_to_key in /system/bin/ ?

If you have my previous kernel installed then you can just format boot and install.

No i didnt.Where can i download?

Guest mladenovic73

If you have any Rom of Racerboy's which has my kernel, you can find in it.

It doesnt work for me.I did everything you say but nothing,i have a problem when i try to unlock the phone.I must press home button many times and than touch work but very strange until i unlock.

Calibration is very good.Thanx.

Guest Racerboy

It doesnt work for me.I did everything you say but nothing,i have a problem when i try to unlock the phone.I must press home button many times and than touch work but very strange until i unlock.

regards the lock screen, if you press and hold the lock for a second or 2 before dragging across it does work fine

Guest plegdroid

@Vamshistunner, new kernel excellent, calibration superb, thank you for sharing :D

edit: touch is just right :D

Edited by plegdroid

Guest vamshistunner

I always focused on calibration and sensitivity and not tested much on lockscreen. As the screen goes to sleep, touch sleeps. But it is activating a bit late while screen is locked. Just press on mid of circle for sec or two and it should work.

Guest leighw101

I always focused on calibration and sensitivity and not tested much on lockscreen. As the screen goes to sleep, touch sleeps. But it is activating a bit late while screen is locked. Just press on mid of circle for sec or two and it should work.

Seems ok to me on lockscreen - a little tricky unlocking sometimes if you try and rush it but nothing too major.

Certainly much better calibration and speed wise than your previous kernel and seems to suit Racerboy's fake ICS rom rather nicely.

Had been running deadlink's multi-touch kernel but it's not the most stable for FC's and random memory usage etc so this is definitely a plus that this new rom is looking like a great all-rounder.

Will keep using and post back if there's any nagging issues that I find.

Guest vamshistunner

Seems ok to me on lockscreen - a little tricky unlocking sometimes if you try and rush it but nothing too major.

Certainly much better calibration and speed wise than your previous kernel and seems to suit Racerboy's fake ICS rom rather nicely.

Had been running deadlink's multi-touch kernel but it's not the most stable for FC's and random memory usage etc so this is definitely a plus that this new rom is looking like a great all-rounder.

Will keep using and post back if there's any nagging issues that I find.

Yeah, actually a bit tricky. I cant understand what the f*** is wrong over there, may be power issues.

yes it does suit with racerboys rom. For better battery you may use smartassv2.

Guest vamshistunner

cpu set on smartass v2, is showing improvement in overall speed,with the same leap forward as when we started using scripts. :D

Name says it all. It can give both performance and battery.

But for high cpu usage, may be games put performance or ondemand.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest Rahulj85

When i press a little longer on touch it is work.

Nice kernel,exellent calibration.Thanx man

i have disabled lockscreen as i got exchange synchd and it requires me to enter a security pin everytime the screen gets locked which is kinda irritating..so when i wake the phone, i gotta give some sort of touch input for like 5 secs before the phone becomes responsive..can this be checked vamshistunner? not that it is super important, but at times when you gotta use the phone quickly to access something, it causes unecessary delay..