• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

goto_racer

goto_racer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:zte racer

it could be you have older cm7 libs or something, i think vamshi added more camera support in his latest kernels

the truth is that I want to use the kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) in rom 12.03.09 leWa_ROM_Racer_ which is based on '' 7.2.0 and has the kernel 2.6.32.9 # 68. my smart is gen2 and I use the "Gen1 to Gen2 patch by deadlink" so that the rom works, but when I boot format and install a kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) the camera stops working and is no network signal. the network just back to work if I install a kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) about the "Gen2 to Gen1 patch by deadlink" without format boot, but even so the camera does not work. where is it messed up?

Edited by goto_racer, 11 July 2012 - 03:55 PM.

Archer_cn

Archer_cn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer

the truth is that I want to use the kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) in rom 12.03.09 leWa_ROM_Racer_ which is based on '' 7.2.0 and has the kernel 2.6.32.9 # 68. my smart is gen2 and I use the "Gen1 to Gen2 patch by deadlink" so that the rom works, but when I boot format and install a kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) the camera stops working and is no network signal. the network just back to work if I install a kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) about the "Gen2 to Gen1 patch by deadlink" without format boot, but even so the camera does not work. where is it messed up?

It's no kernel issue, this must be caused by some libs you should have them replaced whit correct ones for gen2; I used kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) in deadlink's cm7.2 rom, all works; but calibration is not good.

BTW, just now I search on Github, seems Vamshi make his kernel soure open?! :D That's good for racer users, I hope more devs come in together to improve racer roms.

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter:@equiliym

It's no kernel issue, this must be caused by some libs you should have them replaced whit correct ones for gen2; I used kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) in deadlink's cm7.2 rom, all works; but calibration is not good.

BTW, just now I search on Github, seems Vamshi make his kernel soure open?! :D That's good for racer users, I hope more devs come in together to improve racer roms.

link pl0x :D

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."
if i helped please press the vote up button :3

Archer_cn

Archer_cn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

link pl0x :D

Just search "zte racer" on github.com, you'll see.
I took a quick look at it , and I think the touchscreen driver for racer is missing in this kernel

Edited by Archer_cn, 14 July 2012 - 05:09 AM.

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Just search "zte racer" on github.com, you'll see.
I took a quick look at it , and I think the touchscreen driver for racer is missing in this kernel

thats odd.. but i think vamshi renamed that file to msm_touch.c instead of msm_ts.c.. i can post msm_ts that i have on my drive if you want to try and recompile kernel

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."

Archer_cn

Archer_cn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

thats odd.. but i think vamshi renamed that file to msm_touch.c instead of msm_ts.c.. i can post msm_ts that i have on my drive if you want to try and recompile kernel

no, thanks. the msm_touch.c is not the driver, it's for another model, but not racer.
I have the official 2.6.32 source for racer, of course the msm_ts.c too. But what I want is a custom one, because the official one is not working well.

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
well you can always try deadlinks one or even his custom for racer, didnt check the difference..

miki994

miki994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Zte Racer MIUI
does anyone know how do i turn lights on call buttons?

Harsh37

Harsh37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
hey vamshi bro.....!!!!! plz release your .35 kernel......bcoz most of the work on the roms are dependent on that kernels.....!!!! from a long tym we had never seen a update of rom.....!!!! plz release it soon.....!!!!!

Rahulsingh190

Rahulsingh190

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:dell xcd28

hey vamshi bro.....!!!!! plz release your .35 kernel......bcoz most of the work on the roms are dependent on that kernels.....!!!! from a long tym we had never seen a update of rom.....!!!! plz release it soon.....!!!!!

vamshi please release. 35 kernel

GuyOverThere

GuyOverThere

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Linux, Tech and other stuff
  • Devices:ZTE Racer x850
  • Twitter:@netalien
I don't think vamshi will release .35 guys =( I remember he kinda stop working in it due to wifi issues and then he disappear D: because of new work or something along those lines.

Rahulsingh190

Rahulsingh190

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:dell xcd28

I don't think vamshi will release .35 guys =( I remember he kinda stop working in it due to wifi issues and then he disappear D: because of new work or something along those lines.

now qualcomm has also released "adreno 200 arm v6 ics" drivers so now..there may be no issues about hardware acceleration on ics..so isn't it possible for u Guyoverthere to port .35 kernel ..if wifi does not works it's okay atleast we will have working ics..can u make it

GuyOverThere

GuyOverThere

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

now qualcomm has also released "adreno 200 arm v6 ics" drivers so now..there may be no issues about hardware acceleration on ics..so isn't it possible for u Guyoverthere to port .35 kernel ..if wifi does not works it's okay atleast we will have working ics..can u make it

I know what drivers you're refering to, Qualcomm actually released two versions (the first mistakenly compiled) and those that were correctly compiled for the right CPU doesn't work for zte racer :( also, is not only adreno that's needed to have ICS working in zte racer, adreno only takes care of few parts of the board, not all

Regarding .35, there's no point it seems, even if we say "ok, forget about wifi and roll it out as it is" (becuase only few use wifi right?), you won't be able to run ICS, having .32 or .35 won't matter, needed libraries are still missing and zte won't release them :-\

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Qualcomm actually released two versions (the first mistakenly compiled) and those that were correctly compiled

wat

GuyOverThere

GuyOverThere

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

wat

Yeah, 2 updated versions for ICS in the sense of: the first ones that were released were compiled against ARM-v7 CPUs, then people were like wtf qualcomm?! and they were like woopsy... and released a new version compiled against ARM-v6 CPUs

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Yeah, 2 updated versions for ICS in the sense of: the first ones that were released were compiled against ARM-v7 CPUs, then people were like wtf qualcomm?! and they were like woopsy... and released a new version compiled against ARM-v6 CPUs

oh that.. yeah i remember that.. i thought there were 2 releases for v6 was like wtf 0o :P

vamshistunner

vamshistunner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Hola,
Yes, you are right. I stopped working on it long back as i don't have time for it. There were some issues related to wifi,accelerometer.etc..
However, if you want to have a look at .35, i'll can upload(if i find any) the last one that i've compiled.

Edited by vamshistunner, 12 October 2012 - 02:34 PM.

-vAMsHI- Google +

mikeioannina

mikeioannina

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Carl

Hola,
Yes, you are right. I stopped working on it long back as i don't have time for it. There were some issues related to wifi,accelerometer.etc..
However, if you want to have a look at .35, i'll can upload(if i find any) the last one that i've compiled.

Of course, if you still have the source upload it so we can take a look...
Another question, do you remember what sources did you use as a base for your 2.6.32.9 kernel?

If you like my work, don't forget to press the vote up button!
Current phones:
SE Xperia x10 mini - MiniCM10 & nAa-jb kernel
Using custom built roms by me:
SE Xperia mini - CyanogenMod 10 & FXP kernel

ZTE Carl - CyanogenMod 7 & 2.6.35.7 kernel

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
ohey vamshi, long time no see.. sure, if you have some free time, do post source and img if there is any, would be awesome

vamshistunner

vamshistunner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

ohey vamshi, long time no see.. sure, if you have some free time, do post source and img if there is any, would be awesome

hey equiliym, yes, busy with other work. I don't have any source right now, i've used Tom G's source. You can try with his source, making some changes specific to racer.
Below are the kernel's that i've last compiled. I don't remember which one is working from these.( As i've already told, it has many issues and is not perfect)
http://dl.dropbox.co...i35test3NBV.zip
http://dl.dropbox.co...shi_35test1.zip
http://dl.dropbox.co...rnel.35test.zip

For the above kernel to work fine, you need to copy "copybit.blade.so" and "gralloc.blade.so" from blade ROM to racer and rename it to "copybit.mooncake.so" and "gralloc.mooncake.so".

-vAMsHI- Google +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users