- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

hpc1989

hpc1989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I got a new San Francisco 2 phone recently, and I love it. But one big problem is that whenever I text somebody or email somebody, I have to individually type in words that are not included in the dictionary (such as place names, slang, foreign terms etc).This is very annoying as I repeatedly use some of these non dictionary entrants in many communications with the same person, and the predictive text doesn't know these words.On my old HTC Wildfire there used to be a function under "Language and Keyboard" called User Dictionary where I could individually add words to the in-built memory on the phone.Where is this function on the SF2??? I've looked in manuals, forums and everywhere. It's nowhere to be found.I take it there simply isn't that function available on this phone for whatever reason? If not, does anybody know of a good app? Cheers guys.

Edited by hpc1989, 02 January 2012 - 12:44 AM.

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Swift Key X is awesome for that - remembers what you type and monitors your gmail, twitter, sms txts etc for common words that you use

Mine is very annoying - it seems to pick up all my contact names and suggest them every time I type! :angry:

Edited by fr0do, 02 January 2012 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
Seems like the (Uk for sure anyway) dictionary is empty. Download User Dictionary Manager from the Apps Store and find a UK word list on the web. Save as 'wordlist.txt' in the root of your SD card and import.

Posted Image

Reider59

Reider59

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Can`t beat a good smell checker.... Posted Image Posted Image

Sam

*** Just remember, any ROM change, Kernel change or any other type of change you do is at your own risk. Someone helping you is not responsible for any risks you decide to take. It works for many but their are situations, events and errors outside of the control of a third party that may cause a bricked phone. Think before you start. I took the chance and thankfully it worked for me. Had it not then only I would have been to blame. ***

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
:)

Well after importing quite a large word list and a re boot I can confirm that this works. It's still not a patch on swift key x... In fact I switched back half way through typing this it was so annoying LoL :-)

Maybe a smaller dictionary would be better?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users