Acer style status bar

Guest votantonio

Guest votantonio

Hi,

is there a way to modify the style of the status bar? I have the acer rom 2.3.6 and i wish to modify the style of staus bar without modify the rom.

Thank's

Guest 00Mark

The stock android status (notification) bar is much simpler than the Acer one, without the toggles, which are really useful. However, the stock one uses slightly less memory - and also you can only disable the Acer lockscreen and status bar together, not individually. So unfortunately, you can't disable the Acer lockscreen and keep the Acer status bar.

But if you want to get rid of both (this requires root):

1) Install a launcher from Android Market and set it as default (for example Gingerbread Launcher).

2) Install Root Explorer. (Mark: or File Expert, which is free)

3) Go to /system/build.prop, open it with text editor, find a line

acer.shell.mode=ENABLED
and change it to
acer.shell.mode=DISABLED

4) Restart your device.

Edited by 00Mark

Guest votantonio

The stock android status (notification) bar is much simpler than the Acer one, without the toggles, which are really useful. However, the stock one uses slightly less memory - and also you can only disable the Acer lockscreen and status bar together, not individually. So unfortunately, you can't disable the Acer lockscreen and keep the Acer status bar.

Ok, but there is not a way to have the toggle but non with the acer theme, in effect the toggles are usefull, but they are really orrible in this theme

Guest 00Mark

Ok, but there is not a way to have the toggle but non with the acer theme, in effect the toggles are usefull, but they are really orrible in this theme

If there is, I don't know of it.

Edit:

I have a question about this too:

I know that with acer.shell.mode you can choose to enable or disable both the Acer notification bar and the Acer lockescreen, but everyone says that you can't disable one (the lockscreen) and keep the other (the notification bar). However, I think Gingerounay has the android lockscreen but the Acer notification bar, os it must be possible somehow. Is it possible to somehow separate that part of the ROM and flash it?

I've tried GOLocker but I hate the delay when you turn the phone on and you are free to do everything for 1-2 seconds before the lockscreen comes up.

Edited by 00Mark

Guest ltpitt

Afair vache in metalounay used android lock screen and acer notification... am i right?

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Guest 00Mark

Afair vache in metalounay used android lock screen and acer notification... am i right?

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Exactly, and I think in Ginerounay as well?

So is it possible to isolate these changes and apply them to the stock ROM?

Guest sumdumguy

Exactly, and I think in Ginerounay as well?

So is it possible to isolate these changes and apply them to the stock ROM?

If you put on a launcher that can modify the lockscreen (360 launcher for example) when you change back to diff/standard launcher the lock screen remains if you forget to turn off the lock screen in (360 launchers) settings.

Guest 00Mark

If you put on a launcher that can modify the lockscreen (360 launcher for example) when you change back to diff/standard launcher the lock screen remains if you forget to turn off the lock screen in (360 launchers) settings.

I've used GOLocker (from Go Launcher), and I've found it to be really slow to activate. I'll wake up my phone with the power button and then I'll have 1-2 seconds where I have full access to everything before the lockscreen flashes up. As you can imagine, it's really annoying.

There must be some way to do what vache did in his ROMS (with keeping the Acer notif bar but reverting to the stock Android lockscreen) without flashing a whole new ROM? I'm happy with stock...

Guest sumdumguy

I've used GOLocker (from Go Launcher), and I've found it to be really slow to activate. I'll wake up my phone with the power button and then I'll have 1-2 seconds where I have full access to everything before the lockscreen flashes up. As you can imagine, it's really annoying.

There must be some way to do what vache did in his ROMS (with keeping the Acer notif bar but reverting to the stock Android lockscreen) without flashing a whole new ROM? I'm happy with stock...

yeh I saw that problem with go locker too, try the 360 launcher one it's instant, it has.... ownstandardone, tetris, ics4.0, iphone, and father christmas one :)

Edited by sumdumguy