Changing SD Card

Guest dragonxpress

Guest dragonxpress

Hi Folks,

I have a spare 32MB Sandisk MicroSD and was wondering if I could take out the stock 2MB card and insert this one instead ? If so do I need to reformat it and how do I copy over the stuff on the existing card ?

Thanks in advance

Guest D3abL3

Hi Folks,

I have a spare 32MB Sandisk MicroSD and was wondering if I could take out the stock 2MB card and insert this one instead ? If so do I need to reformat it and how do I copy over the stuff on the existing card ?

Thanks in advance

Wow, 32MB? 2MB?! Joking :)

You can use any micro sd up to 32GB, insert it and format it in recovery.

After that simply copy all content from old card to new card(you can do this in a PC).

Nothing special here :)

Guest dragonxpress

Thanks D3abL3 - just worked out that plugging in charger to USB port of PC 'Unmounts it' from the phone, hence the question but quite simply quick formatted it and copied contents from old card - bingo !

I meant 2 GB of course but still no where near enough once you get started lol !

Wow, 32MB? 2MB?! Joking :)

You can use any micro sd up to 32GB, insert it and format it in recovery.

After that simply copy all content from old card to new card(you can do this in a PC).

Nothing special here :)

Guest tilal6991

Don't slander 32MB - it can be a lot! i still have a memory stick I use which is a 32MB one.

It must be worth a fortune now - it's basically an antique :)

Guest dragonxpress

In that case I must be a millionaire as I still have in my possession, lots of 1MB memory sticks as well as 512kb SIPPS & SIMMS modules !!!

Don't slander 32MB - it can be a lot! i still have a memory stick I use which is a 32MB one.

It must be worth a fortune now - it's basically an antique :)

Guest tilal6991

In that case I must be a millionaire as I still have in my possession, lots of 1MB memory sticks as well as 512kb SIPPS & SIMMS modules !!!

Woah! You must be (or atleat will be in the future).

Keep those safe - they might just make you a lot of money one day....

Guest Atomix86

It must be worth a fortune now - it's basically an antique

Funnily enough I still have one too, came free with an old Samsung phone many moons ago!

Guest PedroVader

It must be worth a fortune now - it's basically an antique

My first was a 16mb Disgo, thought it was the dogs!!! Had to carry a floppy disc around with WIN98 drivers so I could use it!!

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Guest Wacky.ddw

64GB SD is working on the blade, so i asume it would also work on the skate? Not that i would buy it in the near future, it costs more than the phone :P

Guest Atomix86
64GB SD is working on the blade, so i asume it would also work on the skate? Not that i would buy it in the near future, it costs more than the phone

Really? Surely that must be a micro sdxc at that capacity, I thought regular sdhc slots don't support it?