Porting a blade ROM?

Guest timfimjim

Guest timfimjim

I've just got my Monte Carlo, coming from an Orange San Francisco. I am wondering how easy, if at all possible, would it be to port a ROM from the blade to skate?

Not sure if this helps but wbaw managed to mod a monte carlo ROM for the blade...

I would've thought the main part of the ROM is still the same, but some frameworks, the kernel, some libs and probably more things would need changing. Anyone know much about this stuff?

Thanks

Guest tilal6991

I've just got my Monte Carlo, coming from an Orange San Francisco. I am wondering how easy, if at all possible, would it be to port a ROM from the blade to skate?

Not sure if this helps but wbaw managed to mod a monte carlo ROM for the blade...

I would've thought the main part of the ROM is still the same, but some frameworks, the kernel, some libs and probably more things would need changing. Anyone know much about this stuff?

Thanks

It would be realtively simple - just would involve changing a few files. But some features like Bluetooth may need more work. But getting it booting and running is simple.

Guest tilal6991

What files would need changing?

libril stuff, sensors, gralloc, egl, wifi, libhardware_legacy, *.hcd files and a few other stuff.

If you have a specific ROM in mind I can give you more details.

libril stuff, sensors, gralloc, egl, wifi, libhardware_legacy, *.hcd files and a few other stuff.

I was thinking cm7 for blade.

As you no longer support cm7 I thought it be good if I new what files to change in order to flash blade nightlies :D

Guest tilal6991

I was thinking cm7 for blade.

As you no longer support cm7 I thought it be good if I new what files to change in order to flash blade nightlies :D

CM7 nightlies have stopped even for the Blade.

CM7 nightlies have stopped even for the Blade.

Oh did not know that :lol:

So your build v3 is up to date now then ?

There was just one thing that was bugging me about cm7 skate,the volume rocker does not change with the themes,it stays gingerbread ?

Guest tilal6991

Oh did not know that :lol:

So your build v3 is up to date now then ?

There was just one thing that was bugging me about cm7 skate,the volume rocker does not change with the themes,it stays gingerbread ?

Yeah - if you look at the website the last build is in November I think.

Yeah the volume rocker is part of the system so can't be themed by theme chooser. This is a steadfast rule for any CM ROM not just for the Skate.

Guest Atomix86
what about a bit of ics and mui and cm9 just a thought .or ics and mui and you could try OTA over the air update,just ideas.

I've heard miui requires arm7, so it's a no go for Skate.

Guest Atomix86
Yeah. I'm working on porting Lewa OS actually. It looks pretty amazing and it's basically CM7 so it should be fairly easy to port.

Does that mean it will still have the unfixable proximity bug regular cm7 has?

Guest tilal6991

Does that mean it will still have the unfixable proximity bug regular cm7 has?

I'l fix it if it's it's still an issue. Shouldn't be too difficult as I have fixed it on CM9.

Guest Atomix86

I'l fix it if it's it's still an issue. Shouldn't be too difficult as I have fixed it on CM9.

That would be great of you if you could, much appreciated indeed!

Guest timfimjim

This is what I was originally thinking

android.modaco.com/topic/348090-25th-nov-2011rombladeginger-negaraku-rls24-gen1-gen2/

I think it's based on an official 2.3.5 libra if that helps...

Thanks for all your help!

Guest tilal6991

This is what I was originally thinking

android.modaco.com/topic/348090-25th-nov-2011rombladeginger-negaraku-rls24-gen1-gen2/

I think it's based on an official 2.3.5 libra if that helps...

Thanks for all your help!

I can have a look for you - it should be fairly easy.

Guest tilal6991
i was thinking of porting 2.2 froyo so 800x480 would work ... but just decided to get a phone with a good camera and use this as a mini tablet

Might be worth porting froyo. It shouldn't be tooooo difficult...

Guest Atomix86
i was thinking of porting 2.2 froyo so 800x480 would work ... but just decided to get a phone with a good camera and use this as a mini tablet

What did you get in the end :)

Would there be a noticeable speed increase?

Guest tillaz

What did you get in the end :)

Would there be a noticeable speed increase?

getting the lg optimus 2x in a couple of days, mainly for the camera... and hdmi out

Guest tillaz

i know, just thinking would it be worth it huh.gif

battery life on froyo was really really bad lol