Strange notification icon?

Guest ruggs1234

Guest ruggs1234

In my notification bar I have a white "1" symbol in a grey box. Its there all the time. Does anyone know what it means?

So far I can rule out a calendar notification (similar symbol, different colouring) as I havent used the calender at all.

An old thread on another forum suggested it might be which telephone line I use. I have a bog standard Virgin contract and sim so I cant see anything special there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Guest HAL_9000

This symbol is connected to your sim card (kind of operator you have). I have it too with Vodafone. It means something that you are using telephone line number one (as you said)... or something like that. :P

Guest ruggs1234

This symbol is connected to your sim card (kind of operator you have). I have it too with Vodafone. It means something that you are using telephone line number one (as you said)... or something like that. :P

Ive just tried a GiffGaff sim in the phone...no symbol. My Virgin sim card is old..about 10 years old! Never had the symbol on any of the other countless phones this sim has been in. LG and their quirks!

Thankyou for explaining.