[ROM][GEN2]LEWA_Fixed_Privacy (Android 2.3.7)[CM7 Based]

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I can't seem to download anything from the market, it keeps saying insufficient memory even though I have plenty of room in the internal memory and sd card. Anyone have any ideas?

sounds to me like your cache partition is too small.

Guest Cyclothunder

I can't seem to download anything from the market, it keeps saying insufficient memory even though I have plenty of room in the internal memory and sd card. Anyone have any ideas?

check your free space in cache partition with S2E - https://market.android.com/details?id=ru.krikun.s2e&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInJ1LmtyaWt1bi5zMmUiXQ..

Guest Kaar3l

Now I have another problem. I installed Where's my water game. Then accidentaly removed it from the list of all installed programs. The bar that comes from the bottom on the screen. Now there is no shortcut to the game. I have installed and uninstalled the game, cleaned game data. How could I get it back? :(

Edited by Kaar3l

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Now I have another problem. I installed Where's my water game. Then accidentaly removed it from the list of all installed programs. The bar that comes from the bottom on the screen. Now there is no shortcut to the game. I have installed and uninstalled the game, cleaned game data. How could I get it back? :(

I noticed this as well, if you move application icons to the homescreen its not in the appdrawer anymore... maybe you can try to clear the data for the launcher?

ah wait in settings > home > other settings >reset launcher this option says restore your icon location

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

I noticed this as well, if you move application icons to the homescreen its not in the appdrawer anymore... maybe you can try to clear the data for the launcher?

ah wait in settings > home > other settings >reset launcher this option says restore your icon location

be careful though, this also resets your homescreens to the default setting, so you will have to re-set everything! a bit annoying

Guest Josef Prusa

Hello,

does anyone know what kind of partitioning scheme does Lewa need? I have tried to flash it over my current setup but I am unable to install (almost) anything from the market because "not enough space in external storage" (loosely translated). Looks like too small cache partition or what?

Answered above. Sorry....

Thanks

Josef

Edited by Josef Prusa

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Hello,

does anyone know what kind of partitioning scheme does Lewa need? I have tried to flash it over my current setup but I am unable to install (almost) anything from the market because "not enough space in external storage" (loosely translated). Looks like too small cache partition or what?

Thanks

Josef

i think you have it set to install apps on your sdcard and you dont have a SD-ext partition?

Guest ManMetDeHamer

A stupid question; what is umeng?

apperantly its some kind of site that collects statistic information for developers, tho i still dont get what they need the location and the imei number for.

Guest Josef Prusa

i think you have it set to install apps on your sdcard and you dont have a SD-ext partition?

I did have it, but I did not install e2s, to enable it. Apparently. Will try later tonight.

Guest birdibird

It has a buildin option to install apps on sd, but i updated the first post with a link to a flashable zip for a2sd script :)

this script was necessary on v23 but NOT on v30

so, you can delete it from the first post

just make sure you have an ext partition.

After flashing the rom (full wipe and format system and clear dalvik cache)

you will see in root explorer that you have a sd-ext available.

Then install s2e, check applications

in settings: check mount as ext4 and set read buffer 2 mb

reboot

Guest birdibird

something else:

My Facebook contacts are not showing up in the contacts.

Whatsapp and Twitter do show.

Can our chinese friends add this FB support, like in CM7, would be great!

I really love the pim / dialer app :)

Guest Davidoff59

Following on from my comment in the other leeway thread regarding battery life, my battery is at 85% today again with app permissions removed. So both days with permissions removed, I have had 84/85% when getting home. With app permissions allowed, I was down near 30% when getting home with the same general usage.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Following on from my comment in the other leeway thread regarding battery life, my battery is at 85% today again with app permissions removed. So both days with permissions removed, I have had 84/85% when getting home. With app permissions allowed, I was down near 30% when getting home with the same general usage.

Which app permissions are you talking about?

Guest Davidoff59

all the lewa app permissions like location, imei, send SMS, make call etc etc. camera, clock, email, gallery, baidu, system update etc etc all request permissions that are not needed to work perfectly well without permissions

Guest ManMetDeHamer

its only updated on friday, and it does not work if you removed any of the stock apps like launcher/sms store etc.

But yea about the batterylife, this rom is damn awsome, its never below 50% for me after a whole day of having data connection or wifi on and all background syncing on!

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest Davidoff59

I didn't remove anything, just stopped their apps getting my info with lbe app. So you can only update on a Friday? I have v23 and would not install the angry birds version 30 so blocked all permissions.

Guest Josef Prusa

I've played with it tonight but have gone back to GSF r3. The reasons?

- I could not make the ClassicTTS work, it simply was not available in the Text-to-speech menu, though it was installed.

- the launcher is limited to 100 icons (5 screens of 20 each) but I have some 150 apps installed which means some of my apps were inaccessible. This could be solved with another launcher but it kind of defeats the purpose - LewaOS without a Lewa launcher.

Once Lewa developers address these two issues I might come back. If any Lewa developers read this forum or if there is anyone who could pass the message then please take notes. The LewaOS is too nice to suffer from annoying little problems like these. It deserves to be used more widely and it needs just a little bit more polish to be perfect.

Josef

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I didn't remove anything, just stopped their apps getting my info with lbe app. So you can only update on a Friday? I have v23 and would not install the angry birds version 30 so blocked all permissions.

As far is friday the day when the new update is being released

Guest Bulthazar

***EDIT*** Nvm this, for some reason it just started working, probably because i just wrote this :b ***EDIT***

Anyone else having problems with auto-rotation?

My screen simply wont rotate no matter what app im trying, and the keyboard is a bitch to type on without it.

Hopefully this question havent been asked before :)

Edited by Bulthazar

Guest tilal6991
***EDIT*** Nevermind this, for some reason it just started working, probably just because i just wrote this :b ***EDIT***

Anyone else having problems with auto-rotation?

My screen simply wont rotate no matter what app im trying, and the keyboard is a bitch to type on without it.

Hopefully this question havent been asked before

Turn on auto rotate in the status bar