let me present work in progress to make standard FROYO reference rom based on appropriate kernel - 2.6.32
Rom is an adopted stock froyo of Huawei UM840 device (msm7225 based). Same for ramdisk.
Kernel is a port of u8150 (msm7225 based) to Pulse.
- mobile data network
- usb: mass storage, adb
- usb tethering
- both cameras (thanks to dr.flo wrapper)
- front camera switch
- sd card
- hardware acceleration
- keypad LEDs
- mac address is not correct. (SetMacAddress app looks causing problems to wifi driver, don't use it so far). Try this solution by dr.flo
- gps icon stuck forever on notification bar, ignore it. (Known bug of eclair gps libs on froyo.)
The um840 rom is fully internationalized. I hope it might be an interesting base for custom roms, as well as would help us improve 2.6.32 kernel, which should bring new life to CM7 (and more?)
Instructions to install:
- Make a backup of your system if something goes wrong
- Should be installed on /system partition of 110MB or more (for u8220: install first if not yet TRE 2.1 rom or CHT8000 2.1 rom)
- Wipe data/Factory reset
- install zip via ClockworkMod Recovery v18.104.22.168 as usual
- install DT Apps2SD if needed.
um840-20120226.zip (fixed wifi reconnection)
Dark Tremor Apps2SD (optional)
Kernel update (optional):
um840-BOOTIMG-20120315.zip (Fix for Goggles. Also adds ext3/4.) git: 807ee49eb1bea1856fdc323c07c6a256483cf7ee
um840-20120224.zip (fixed reboot on incoming sms/alarm)
um840-20120222.zip (fixed boot animation)
um840-20120220.zip (features smooth HQ video playback)
Edited by pier11, 15 March 2012 - 01:14 PM.