[Development][ROM] Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel

Guest pier11

Guest desalesouche

hi all did anybody tried that with um840 rom

This is the code that need to be typed on the phone key to get acces on Menu Test.

*#*#2846579#*#*

from here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-ideos-s7-technical/5735-secret-code-get-menu-test.html

i saw that we have project menu act in um840 rom...the question i have is:if we do the update inside project menu act (the sd upgrade /touchscreen firmware upgrade/or compass upgrade) what would happen? does the upgrade would be done as um840 device or as u8220/u8230device? and if the upgrade is done for u8220/8230 device: what would happen then after upgrading? possibility to back up or to reverse ? thx

I can confirm the sound is still too loud.

What apps/libs or whatever did u delete from system to make it u8220 friendly?

I didn't know what to delete and reached only 109mb but still had some problems installing the rom.

Guest twrock

What apps/libs or whatever did u delete from system to make it u8220 friendly?

I didn't know what to delete and reached only 109mb but still had some problems installing the rom.

I don't remember. I usually start with bootanimation and audio files, then I go after /system/app files. Deleting lib files is a really bad idea unless you know exactly what you are doing.

But here is my latest build that I installed for testing. It is deodexed. I don't use it. I only ran it for about an hour. I don't know anything about how to solve any problems it has. I don't intend to work on it any further. But you are free to do whatever you want with it. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?gbr8rwhy189592k

Guest desalesouche

Does it have the same way too loud volume problem? That is one main reason why I don't consider using Pier's UM840 rom.

yes it have alsoo too lound volume...that is the reason why i like it as i am a little deaf ;)

hi.which um840 rom are you talking about?

I can confirm the same thing about the newer one u posted. (didn't check the alarm, but I got reboots with sms).

Guest desalesouche

here is a link for another um840 rom FroyoKai_iGno_v1 http://www.mediafire...ek2ap06c6pq009s

2.2.2 with kernel32

everything seem to be working...please give feed back...add nofrills cpu for control smile.gif

can confirm reboot on incoming sms. in one or 2 days will upload an update with some change but i don't know what to do about reboot caused by incoming sms...button light not working when you set light display in manual.i am happy that rom please some people.

the rom has been cooked byJohndrs Geno and i just made some change to make it bootable and add kernell 32 from pier11.the governors and droid wall by destructor can be flashed .

Guest arlindo.costa

can confirm reboot on incoming sms. in one or 2 days will upload an update with some change but i don't know what to do about reboot caused by incoming sms...button light not working when you set light display in manual.i am happy that rom please some people.

the rom has been cooked byJohndrs Geno and i just made some change to make it bootable and add kernell 32 from pier11.the governors and droid wall by destructor can be flashed .

Checked the incoming sms reboot. Happens with me as well.

Guest 01484

Hi

I am new to this i have a tmobile pulse (u8220) i would like to root my phone i have looked everywhere but can find a tutrorial on how to. Also i would like to know how do i make a nandroid back up. Thanks for your help and time

Guest twrock

Hi

I am new to this i have a tmobile pulse (u8220) i would like to root my phone i have looked everywhere but can find a tutrorial on how to. Also i would like to know how do i make a nandroid back up. Thanks for your help and time

See the link in my signature below for The Ulitimate Pulse Owners Guide.

Take your time; there's lots to learn. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest snowboy.vs

here is a link for another um840 rom FroyoKai_iGno_v1 http://www.mediafire...ek2ap06c6pq009s

2.2.2 with kernel32

everything seem to be working...please give feed back...add nofrills cpu for control smile.gif

please fix this rom (bug income sms). This rom very fast, for me the best rom. Now i used rom in first post. wait fix rom.

CM 7.2 no good, slow, 2.2 android faster.

Edited by snowboy.vs

Guest desalesouche

can you upload some screenshoots to see the look ,

and when you will upload the final rom??

hi will open topic and upload screenshot later today as right now it is quite late here. about the incoming sms bug i have to admit that i am not enough good to solve it...so once again ^_^

any help appreciated...i will read again that thread to understand how the incoming sms bug has been solved...i must have missed something...so about the final rom it is hard to say...

• 5 weeks later...