Archos 101IT for £100 - worth a go?

Guest gavinchappell

Guest gavinchappell

Got the chance to buy an Archos 101 (used) for about £100. I had been looking forward to getting something like the AndyPad Pro but the reviews seemed a bit hit and miss so I decided not to. Even though it's an older gen8 device and isn't likely to get official ICS support from Archos, is it still worth a go for the low price just for a bit of web browsing, email, Facebooking, XBMC remote, etc? I haven't fully looked into what third-party firmwares are available for it but I believe there's at least a version of Cyanogen7 for it so I can get up to Gingerbread (the same as my phone).

Guest doncoop

It could be for just using it on the things you say. However with more tablets announced at ces and the kindle fire getting closer to a UK launch, if your need isn't great I'd say wait.

We've seen some good price drops already on decent kit like the htc flyer and playbook. Perhaps another few months will reveal some even greater bargains.

I don't think you'd be disappointed if you bought now, just you may get a steal in the coming months.