Official ZTE Proximity Sensor Calibration

Guest Ipecac9

Guest Ipecac9

Hello! I'm a new user here, and I'm pretty new to the whole smartphone thing as well.

I was searching around for solutions to my non working proximity sensor and found this app at the Market.

https://market.android.com/details?id=cn.zte.ProximeitySensorClib

Unfortunately, Market tells me this app isn't compatible with my phone, which is a bit odd since the description expressly tells it is by ZTE Corp. for the ZTE Skate.

Does anyone of you know what this app is?

I run tilal's CM7 ROM, if that is of any interest.

Guest WillDroid

It'll install fine on Atomic 3.C, that's what I'm on, but for some reason the market page says 2.3.7 and up to install, even though that's not what we have.

Guest tilal6991

Yeah. On cm7 the phone identifies itself as the Nexus One so the market will say its not compatible. You don't really need it as cm7 has proximity calibration built in.

Guest bear-uk

Yeah. On cm7 the phone identifies itself as the Nexus One so the market will say its not compatible. You don't really need it as cm7 has proximity calibration built in.

My calibration does not seem to work? Presing calibrate brings up ****settings before calibration**** then nothing happens.

Display sensor data gives a blank screen and restore tells me its at default settings.

As others I have to take the battery out after a call as the phone goes blank at end of call.

Guest tilal6991

My calibration does not seem to work? Presing calibrate brings up ****settings before calibration**** then nothing happens.

Display sensor data gives a blank screen and restore tells me its at default settings.

As others I have to take the battery out after a call as the phone goes blank at end of call.

Which rom are you on. And which version?

Guest bear-uk

Which rom are you on. And which version?

Not sure as my son did it. Think its CM7 and was done around 6th jan and the latest one at that time.

Have to go out so apologies about not replying till later.

Steve.

Guest TouchyAndalou

I had this exact problem on the latest version of cm7. *settings before calibration* message and then... nothing. I had to install atomic because I couldn't make a call without having to remove the battery.

Guest Peterzon99

I had this exact problem on the latest version of cm7. *settings before calibration* message and then... nothing. I had to install atomic because I couldn't make a call without having to remove the battery.

Same for me.

Guest bear-uk

Same for me.

This must be very annoying for the guy that has spent a load of time trying to help others with this rom.

Its looking like the Atomic rom for me then?

Had a load of probs trying to sort this phone out. Win7 would not assign a port for it so ended up unlocking and rooting on XP.

Guest rufus2005

Hi, has anyone got any ideas to solve this proximity sensor issue on cm7?

When I first installed rom I had to pull battery after making call, I then used the built in calibrator, and now when I make a call the screen just stays on so I have to turn screen off manually to avoid accidently pressing buttons.

It seems like the sensor is not activated or something.

thanks in advance for any help you can give

Guest metal.mickey

THis isnt a fix but should help in the short term.

theres an app called KeepScreen which will keep the screen alive whilst on a call so you wont have to flip the battery.

Its designed to keep the screen from tiiming out whilst using the browser etc but works on calls also.

MM

There might be a temporary fix for this problem.

I tried it and it works BUT since I’m quite a nOOb I don’t know what this fix exactly does and if it can do any harm.

It seems that some Blade users had the same problem, they related it to the manufacturer (maybe version) from the Proximity Sensor. My skate has the same sensor as the one from the faulty blade.

They explain the fix in detail on the webpage below. Start reading about the solution from “Comment nr. 84” on. You can download a zip that you will find in “Comment nr. 86” and flash it trough Clockwork.

http://code.google.c.../detail?id=3955

Can one of you guys with more knowledge check once what this fix does and if it is safe for others to use. I can only say my buttons and screen work again like they should during calls. I guess my sensor is just deactivated but I’m fine with that. Hope it will work with all you guys also. Thanks.

Update: It seems that after a reboot the first call I make has sometimes the problem again. Since my power button is configured to end a call what I do after a reboot is call my voicemail and directly layoff again with the power button. After that all outgoing and incoming calls go without problems.

Edited by avenn

Guest Peterzon99

There might be a permanent fix for this problem.

I tried it and it works BUT since I’m quite a nOOb I don’t know what this fix exactly does and if it can do any harm.

It seems that some Blade users had the same problem, they related it to the manufacturer (maybe version) from the Proximity Sensor. My skate has the same sensor as the one from the faulty blade.

They explain the fix in detail on the webpage below. Start reading about the solution from “Comment nr. 84” on. You can download a zip that you will find in “Comment nr. 86” and flash it trough Clockwork.

http://code.google.c.../detail?id=3955

Can one of you guys with more knowledge check once what this fix does and if it is safe for others to use. I can only say my buttons and screen work again like they should during calls. I guess my sensor is just deactivated but I’m fine with that. Hope it will work with all you guys also. Thanks.

I tried this before, but it didn't work for me. It made the same as the calibration tool that included in the CM7-based roms, so unfortunately it calibrates the sensor to bad values. I also tried to modify "/data/misc/prox_data.txt" but I couldn't find the right values (11653,11153,238,238,246,0,0,8,32. or 880,800,... didn't work for me).

I think we should find the right values and modify it manually in prox_data.txt ,because in some skates there might be a sensor made by different manufacturer.

Edited by Peterzon99

I tried this before, but it didn't work for me. It made the same as the calibration tool that included in the CM7-based roms, so unfortunately it calibrates the sensor to bad values. I also tried to modify "/data/misc/prox_data.txt" but I couldn't find the right values (11653,11153,238,238,246,0,0,8,32. or 880,800,... didn't work for me).

I think we should find the right values and modify it manually in prox_data.txt ,because in some skates there might be a sensor made by different manufacturer.

Did you try it by flashing the ZIP file? I tried first with making the changes in terminal Emulator but after that failed I did it with the ZIP.

BTW: I found the manufacturer from my sensor with https://market.android.com/details?id=zausan.zdevicetest

Guest Peterzon99

Did you try it by flashing the ZIP file? I tried first with making the changes in terminal Emulator but after that failed I did it with the ZIP.

BTW: I found the manufacturer from my sensor with https://market.andro...san.zdevicetest

You mean proxcal.zip? Yes, I tried that first, but it didn't work. It calibrated the sensor to the same values as the built in calibration tool.

Edited by Peterzon99

Guest Peterzon99

Right thats the same it said with me.

The zip i mean is: fix_cm7_zte_blade_proximity_sensor

The link to it you find here:

https://plus.google....sts/aL7kS86iczS

This is only a modified prox_data.txt file. I tried these values before, but it didn't work.

I asked few people in a hungarian zte skate forum to tell their phones' proximity type. Who has the same as ours, their sensor doesn't work too with CM7 rom.

This is the type which works:

Name: Taos Proximity sensor

Vendor: Taos Inc.

Version: 1

Edited by Peterzon99

This is only a modified prox_data.txt file. I tried these values before, but it didn't work.

I asked few people in a hungarian zte skate forum to tell their phones' proximity type. Who has the same as ours, their sensor doesn't work too with CM7 rom.

This is the type which works:

Name: Taos Proximity sensor

Vendor: Taos Inc.

Version: 1

Sorry Peterzon99 it seems mine has indeed the type above... Hope you find a solution 4 yours. If my fix had not worked my next step was to try the "Hardware Disabler" app. I would not have a clue how to recognize the prox. sensor in the list but maybe somebody with more expertise can help you with that...

Guest rufus2005

Im still having issues with mine. Let me give some background.

I was using Bluemonte 1.8D for a few months and all was fine, proximity sensor was fine. I then upgraded to tilals cm7 and proximity sensor wasnt working. I have since tried ice armor and atomic, and the proximity sensor doesnt work with either of these roms.

I have now reverted back to a backup I had of bluemonte and the proximity sensor is working fine, any ideas please guys as I am hoping to flash CM9 when everything is working but imagine I will have the same problem with sensor.

cheers

Andy

Guest Pillhead

ive just flashed to the latest atomic rom and now im having the same problem, went back to cm7 and it was still the same.

Flashed back to atomic and it still wont work.

have to take the battery out to end call.

I dont really understand what i have to do to fit it.

Can some one explain in idiot language please?

Guest AbrantesPT

ive just flashed to the latest atomic rom and now im having the same problem, went back to cm7 and it was still the same.

Flashed back to atomic and it still wont work.

have to take the battery out to end call.

I dont really understand what i have to do to fit it.

Can some one explain in idiot language please?

I have same problem with prox.sensor :(

I'm using IceArmour now (before i used CM7)

can anyone do a tutorial how to do this:

I tried this before, but it didn't work for me. It made the same as the calibration tool that included in the CM7-based roms, so unfortunately it calibrates the sensor to bad values. I also tried to modify "/data/misc/prox_data.txt" but I couldn't find the right values (11653,11153,238,238,246,0,0,8,32. or 880,800,... didn't work for me).<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: georgia, 'trebuchet ms'; font-size: 13px; font-style: italic; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: georgia, 'trebuchet ms'; font-size: 13px; font-style: italic; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">I think we should find the right values and modify it manually in prox_data.txt ,because in some skates there might be a sensor made by different manufacturer.

how can i edit "prox_data.txt" ?