8.99mm thin and a 3300mAh battery? Meet the Motorola RAZR MAXX

Guest PaulOBrien

Thin is in. We all love thin Smartphones. We all love powerful Smartphones. But one thing that's hard to stomach is the hit on run time that powerful processors and huge screens bring to our devices. Thankfully, Motorola think they have the answer!

At CES in Las Vegas, Motorola have just announced the RAZR MAXX Smartphone for Verizon. By all accounts it's virtually identical to the regular RAZR aside from the fact it's 8.99mm in depth (up from 7.1mm on the regular RAZR) and packs a 3300mAh battery. Yes, 3300mAh.

Now, I don't know about you but this is a trend I would DEFINITELY like to see others picking up on. I'd gladly gain 1.9mm of thickness in return for doubling battery life even if it meant, as is the case with both RAZR devices, a non removable battery. You're with me right? ;)

You can read more about the RAZR MAXX at the Motorola site... excuse me while I go and petition, HTC, Samsung and anyone who'll listen to do the same!

998f58242d1372ac8cce5d057ba81f34.png

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest unrandomsam

Don't see why people are bothered about smartphones being thin so much (Means you get less ports or proprietary connectors).

At least choice would be good.

(Full size HDMI / Full size usb (host) / micro usb should be easily be able to fit into a phone not targeted at women (Even then women carry bags).

Indestructable / Big Battery / loads of ports > thin imho

Guest Chewy11

All this is true, but I just realized that this is a first gen LTE chipset...this size battery will only give us similar use as current 3G+(Or H whatever or 4G)android averages, or Iphone 4S (worse that the 4, cuz now 4S can do most of what any android can(radio use=battery drain))

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.