[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest Marronnier

First of all, thank you for this ROM - a great improvement on the Orange supplied ROM. I have only one problem with it and I apologize in advance if this has been answered elsewhere. When making a call with my Monte Carlo/ Skate with the Skatie 1.1 ROM it more often than not the screen will go blank and stay blank, so that I can't, for example, use the dial pad to select options, or even just hang up. None of the hard buttons on the phone work either. I often have to remove the battery to end the call!

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Guest WiiSky70

So , the 2.4 version is the Final Version ? It won't be included a 2.4.1 to integrate guerrit patches and based on CM7.2 codebase ?

Let me know if you are to continue developing future updates to the ROM , altought the ROM is the most stable to use it on the ZTE Skate / Orange Monte Carlo , no bugs or any crap found ;)

Plus , further more personalization please , for example removing the ZTE Contacts to the Stock Contacts

Edited by WiiSky70

It's final. I am not planning any updates.

Doesn't make sense to base it on CM7 since this is different android version.

You would lose all goodies that are specific for this version - this means Dolby, etc.

ZTE contacts have to be treated as stock contacts because they are part of stock rom.

And since my philosophy was to maintain this rom as close to stock as possible I am

not willing to change them. Nor making them optional since switching contacts would require full wipe

or resigning all system apks.

Edited by C3C0

Guest fale.v

q such hi, I'm new here and I'm writing with the google translator, so if you do not understand is why, I'm from Spain, well the subject, I have installed your rom and you can have if I lend a hand with a decision I see him, Well basically when you restart the mobile as the brightness emitted is very crisp and clear, as the original roms and as it turns off and vueves to light, as the low brightness and no longer remains as it was originally not is if you can change something to stay the same q q when you restart it, thank you very much greetings machine.

• 2 weeks later...

It's final. I am too busy with maintaining my cm7 based roms. Skatie is special because it's close to stock. I'd like it to stay this way. Mainly because of stability.

Guest Paun21

I understand. There are still some minor bugs but the rom is perfect, much better than others, I tried them all, but the battery on this rom last for three and a half days of intensive use, for me it is perfect.

I understand. There are still some minor bugs but the rom is perfect, much better than others, I tried them all, but the battery on this rom last for three and a half days of intensive use, for me it is perfect.

Great :) Which kernel do you use? Does the kernel makes the battery life different?

Also it seems when I turn on WIFI and for example when I start to download a torrent file if I lock the phone the WIFI is stopping or the download speed when the phone is locked is pretty slow than the speed when the phone is not locked and in operational mode. Any clue why ?

Thanks.

Guest omegavesko

Great :) Which kernel do you use? Does the kernel makes the battery life different?

Also it seems when I turn on WIFI and for example when I start to download a torrent file if I lock the phone the WIFI is stopping or the download speed when the phone is locked is pretty slow than the speed when the phone is not locked and in operational mode. Any clue why ?

Thanks.

Something is stopping your download while the phone is asleep. Have you installed anything like Juice Defender?

Bad news... Links will be down because of the following... It will take some time to get them up again...

Good day,

As a recipient of this e-mail, you are currently registered as a developer on Goo.im. I do wish this mail was in better tidings, however, it is not. During our maintenance yesterday, expansion of the Lustre FS that files are stored on, was on the todo list, and was done. However, during this, the old primary OST for Lustre died, causing a race condition where the new server was seen as primary, and the metadata server blanked itself, causing a critical loss of all files stored on the FS. Unfortunately, there is no recovery of files from this. At this time, all home directories have been re-created, and users re-linked to /dev/ folders on Goo.im at this time.

Something is stopping your download while the phone is asleep. Have you installed anything like Juice Defender?

I have installed advanced task killer....

I also am unable to play avi files (havent try with other formats) ..I have BS player and MX Player....any clue ?

Goo.im went down and they lost most of their data, including the file you ask about. Accidents happen

Is it possible that someone can send me the fix...somehow?

Thanks

GOO.im is having the issues again... Try later.

Thanks C3C0, I hope when I apply the fix I will be able to watch avi files :)

BTW, great ROM...very fast one indeed.