Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
599 replies to this topic

radiodaze

radiodaze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:OMC Skatie 2.4
Guys, I'll call them. I tried to do this before but they didn't have a clue. Thanks for your help too tilal.

I'll let you know...

R

ukgnome

ukgnome

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:OMC/ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@ukgnome
Had the same issue as soon as I started using Skatie, although truthfully I can't remember if I had the issue when I was running stock.
Natwest hadn't a clue what I was on about, even after I simplified it to moron standards. The webapp for natwest works fine though so no worries.

derekh37

derekh37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:sanyo s705
flashed this rom looks good except when i make a call the phone switches off and i have to pull battery to restart any ideas?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
The answer is in your new topic.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

ukgnome

ukgnome

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:OMC/ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@ukgnome
Just to let you know, I have now abandoned Skatie and upgraded to ICS coldfusion. Huge thanks go to C3C0 for developing Skatie, and the use of his kitchen.

As for the Natwest app on Skatie, I am unsure why it doesn't work but I can confirm that it works are required on ICS

csuzlee

csuzlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi guys,

I just installed today this rom and updated too and everything works really fine, except I cannot set a mp3 for my ringtone or notification sound... By any other sotfware works it fine (Handcent sms, IMO messenger, etc.). I tried with Ringextended and Handcent sms has also a native ringtone chooser.

Any idea??

Thanks!

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
1) WHile playing song in music app, press menu button there's an option to set it as a ringtone

or

2) put your mp3s inside /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones
or
/sdcard/media/audio/notifications respectively

They will appear within Settings/ Sound / Ringtone (Notification sound respectively)

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

csuzlee

csuzlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi guys,

I just installed today this rom and updated too and everything works really fine, except I cannot set a mp3 for my ringtone or notification sound... By any other sotfware works it fine (Handcent sms, IMO messenger, etc.). I tried with Ringextended and Handcent sms has also a native ringtone chooser.

Any idea??

Thanks!

Thank you C3CO, it is working now!! Great job!! :D

Antonio_Calvo

Antonio_Calvo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Good morning.
After a disastrous rooting, i have used the tpt file for Skatie rom + the update 2.4 with very good results except in two areas:
1) Battery life is very low (i don't have touched the options yet)).
2) videoplayback on youtube or other streaming apps don't work (in movie and youtube app apears the ring and keeps there...) on ES player the screen goes blank.

¿Any clue? Thanks

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Did you try flashing media profiles hotfix that's in the end of second post?
Alternatively try installing different version of YouTube from here : HTTP://skatie.ceco.sk.eu.org/res/apk/YouTube.apk

Antonio_Calvo

Antonio_Calvo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Media profiles has resolved the issue. Thanks a lot...

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
The S3 Kernel will be implemented in this ROM ?

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
It's there. S3 is created from one used in Skatie (S2). The one and only change is the compatibility with CM roms built-in.

NorthernNoel

NorthernNoel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
It seems the proximity data issue has come back to haunt me. I've gone into the service menu and calibrated it but the screen is remaining on, so keep hanging up on calls. Previously I got it to work on ice armor by manually editing the values using root explorer. There was a file called prox_data.txt in data/misc. On Skatie this file doesn't exist. Does it create another file somewhere that I can edit?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Marronnier

Marronnier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
First of all, thank you for this ROM - a great improvement on the Orange supplied ROM. I have only one problem with it and I apologize in advance if this has been answered elsewhere. When making a call with my Monte Carlo/ Skate with the Skatie 1.1 ROM it more often than not the screen will go blank and stay blank, so that I can't, for example, use the dial pad to select options, or even just hang up. None of the hard buttons on the phone work either. I often have to remove the battery to end the call!
Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Dial *983*0#, go to Sensors menu, tap "calib"

alternatively

Settings / SKatie settings / Prox sensor calibration

Marronnier

Marronnier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks C3CO. That's done the trick. Excellent.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
So , the 2.4 version is the Final Version ? It won't be included a 2.4.1 to integrate guerrit patches and based on CM7.2 codebase ?

Let me know if you are to continue developing future updates to the ROM , altought the ROM is the most stable to use it on the ZTE Skate / Orange Monte Carlo , no bugs or any crap found ;)

Plus , further more personalization please , for example removing the ZTE Contacts to the Stock Contacts

Edited by WiiSky70, 18 July 2012 - 11:51 PM.

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
It's final. I am not planning any updates.
Doesn't make sense to base it on CM7 since this is different android version.
You would lose all goodies that are specific for this version - this means Dolby, etc.

ZTE contacts have to be treated as stock contacts because they are part of stock rom.
And since my philosophy was to maintain this rom as close to stock as possible I am
not willing to change them. Nor making them optional since switching contacts would require full wipe
or resigning all system apks.

Edited by C3C0, 19 July 2012 - 05:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users