Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
599 replies to this topic

keverd

keverd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Very nice work !

Posted Image

Rosz

Rosz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1
Is it an issue or a feature - The wifi is turning off automatically, when the phone is locked.....this preserves battery but on the other hand it will interrupt a download process for example ...

:blink:

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
While in wifi settings, press menu button and choose advanced settings. There you can set the wifi sleep policy

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Rosz

Rosz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

While in wifi settings, press menu button and choose advanced settings. There you can set the wifi sleep policy

WOW....this is great....Thanks! again

mi nombre

mi nombre

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate, Huawei u8110
When I install Update kitchen's update...
... What Wipes should I do?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Quoted from kitchen page:

I strongly encourage you to make a backup of your current system before flashing update.
This will enable you to revert back to your previous version in case of problems.
In case you are having problems with system not booting or applications Force Closing after update I recommend:
1) Do wipe cache and advanced / wipe dalvik cache in recovery
If you are still having problems I recommend:
2) Doing full upgrade by generating update zip with current version set to 1.1

I recommend wiping cache and dalvik cache after flashing any update.

Edited by C3C0, 16 August 2012 - 03:18 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

mi nombre

mi nombre

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate, Huawei u8110
Oops Sorry I didn´t see this.

akumaman

akumaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Been using this rom for days now,and i must say its very very good :),keep up the great work with updates and cheers mate ;)

Edited by akumaman, 18 August 2012 - 08:47 PM.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

I have installed advanced task killer....

I also am unable to play avi files (havent try with other formats) ..I have BS player and MX Player....any clue ?

Definitely uninstall your task killer. Those haven't been necessary since froyo.

As for the videos, do other formats work?

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

Rosz

Rosz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Definitely uninstall your task killer. Those haven't been necessary since froyo.

As for the videos, do other formats work?

Thanks the task killer is removed....

Videos are now fine :) Thanks

ocramreglih

ocramreglih

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (Medion P4310)
Hello C3C0,

it is hard to believe that everything was so easy, and yet I installed SKATIE V1.1 within a few miutes,
made a backup and flashed V2.4 from the kitchen.

I congratulate you for your brilliant ideas and your hard work and I thank you very much so.
Everything seems to work fine.

I recommend to newcomers like me to do what I've done: read in the forums again and again.
As I am fluent in german, french and english I acquired a lot of info from all over the place.
It is only when I became rather sure of what I was going to do that I installed SKATIE. I must
confess that I've got a new ZTE smartfone from a discounter, so if the mod would have failed
I would not have been without a smartphone anyway.

I believe the new one is a ZTE Acqua with Androïd 4 installed. It works fine too.

Could anyone motivate you to develope an "Acquie" ROM ? lol

All the best to you and may your talent and work continue to serve and amaze the community!!

Greetings from Luxembourg.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Thanks for the nice feedback ;)
It's hard to develop for device I don't physically have so for now answer is no...
Also check out my other successful project - mokeeos v1.10 that's based on cyanogenmod - Android 2.3.7

ignaciomartin

ignaciomartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

Very good job!

I have the rom Mokees and it works great but the battery did not last long.

Does the rom skatie longer battery life?

redorblacks

redorblacks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is youtube playback smooth in this rom?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Yes

redorblacks

redorblacks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Yes

Thanks, seems better, but I can't install other apps from market, it keeps saying isufficient storage space, even though there's plenty.

How do I fix this issue? I've googled, but nothing seems to work.

Edited by redorblacks, 29 August 2012 - 08:21 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Looks like you're on partition layout that has 2mb cache. You need more since this rom doesn't redirect download cache to SD. Use tpt helper or option 1) to install rom to get correct partition layout.

redorblacks

redorblacks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Looks like you're on partition layout that has 2mb cache. You need more since this rom doesn't redirect download cache to SD. Use tpt helper or option 1) to install rom to get correct partition layout.

Thank you very much, that fixed it. I had assumed the 2B version was the latest file, not realising it used a lesser cache. So did the 2A version with 35mb cache and now works, thanks again.

redorblacks

redorblacks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is 3G working with the rom? Not working here but turned on in settings.

Sometimes it shows as H and sometimes G, but not 3G, and doesnt connect G or H I presume is 4G. Do I need to change something to get 3G?

Edited by redorblacks, 29 August 2012 - 10:47 PM.

xr529

xr529

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Short answer: the H is 3G.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users