Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
599 replies to this topic

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Devices:THL W8
Just build.prop tweaks added. Nothing else. It was previously as addon.
You may say it's too little for the upgrade but wanted to have it up ASAP to bring up the update kitchen :)

Will update the info on what's new in 1.2 soon
Info updated - in the second post

Edited by C3C0, 15 January 2012 - 02:18 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
New option in Update Kitchen: Manufacturer tweak - possibility to set manufacturer to HTC to get better HD games support.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
http://ceco.sk.eu.or..._vs_tweaked.jpg

In the above screenshot what were you using? 940MHz for CPU but what governor?

I'd made the HTC change before you offered the option. I just extracted the file, edited it and placed it back into the zip. I presume that's okay to do?

Edited by H3ROS, 15 January 2012 - 03:38 PM.

TJNvQh5.pngBNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
Can't remeber :lol: but probably ondemand + bfq

I'd made the HTC change before you offered the option. I just extracted the file, edited it and placed it back into the zip. I presume that's okay to do?

Yep.

Edited by C3C0, 15 January 2012 - 03:10 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
Is it possible for you to add the radio replacement that Atomic uses in this kitchen? And how about the animation the screen does when you press the power button? A few of my friends think that's a nice touch ;)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
Yes! I have big plans with this. FM radio option, Music player option. Adobe flash as system app, etc., etc.
What I am missing here is enough time for everything. I should give myself a little break now to go to see the other part of my house to find out how my family is doing :lol:

This week will have too much to do at my official work but will try to follow this topic to be informed.

Ceco.

P.S.: What animation are you thinking of?

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
That's great news! :D

As for the animation, in CM7 and Atomic there's this screen off animation that sort of pinches the image and then exits with a white light. I just think it looks really nice, but I'm not sure what was added to do it.

The radio is the FM Radio by MIUI. It says that it's modified for the ZTE blade by andorko.

Edited by H3ROS, 15 January 2012 - 04:15 PM.

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake
Its the TV switch off effect !!

That's great news! :D

As for the animation, in CM7 and Atomic there's this screen off animation that sort of pinches the image and then exits with a white light. I just think it looks really nice, but I'm not sure what was added to do it.

The radio is the FM Radio by MIUI. It says that it's modified for the ZTE blade by andorko.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,836 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Moto G

Its the TV switch off effect !!

its called CRT off animation

and can be enabled very easy

decompile framework-res.apk and go to

res / values / bools.xml

Change this
<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>

to this
<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>

then compile

Edited by tillaz, 15 January 2012 - 06:31 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
Thanks, Tillaz...

Btw... Sad to report that my skate's speaker just went dead... Hardware failure. Looks like common problem of this device :( :(

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
No-frills CPU control updated to the latest version in the Update Kitchen...

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
GMail updated to 2.3.5.2 - already patched it to support third party apps to read/write gmail (like gmail widgets, etc)
If you already have installed Gmail as an update from Market, uninstall it first - so you don't end up with two identical versions (one in the system partition and one in user data partition).

Use Update Kitchen to update your SKatie.

pablitobm88

pablitobm88

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

could add the script to App2SD Darktremor? I had your rom for a week and I liked it, but I had to return to the Atomic z3 because both me as your rom linksd problems

greetings and thanks

Edited by pablitobm88, 20 January 2012 - 03:04 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
Potentionally i will get to it this weekend. Ifanyone else has some more ideas what could be improved just let me know.

pablitobm88

pablitobm88

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
My ideas for this fantastic rom:
1. Add appwidgetpicker default as this menu will be much more orderly wigdet
2. Improving the visibility of the icons in the notification bar, typethe Z3Elitemovil, but continuing with all the icons that appear on your rom, as the Z3 has only 4 icons
3. Support to run the GUI A2SD Darktremor because it worksmuch better than Linksd, tested 100% in the rom Z3Elitemovil

A greeting and thanks for your great work

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
Thanks for the tips.

Regarding A2SD - just looked at darktremor's thread at xda and found out that there is beta version planned to be released at the end of january. I think it would be probably good to wait for it. Another thing is that my plan is to make this as an optional component - so users have freedom to choose between this and link2sd. The main reason is that A2SD (as far as I know) redirects /data partition to SD - this means there is no possibility to have some apps in real internal (like some important ones). But everything on SD... I personally don't like this idea.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
Minor update to version 1.3 available. Check out the second post for more info.
Use Update Kitchen to upgrade to the latest version.

Support for A2SD will be available as a separate addon. Don't ask for ETA since my Skate is going for a repair (back-speaker dead).

Ceco.

Edited by C3C0, 22 January 2012 - 02:27 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
Are the FM radio, music player, Adobe flash and CRT off animation still planned? I, for one, am still waiting on these things :D

You're doing a great job with the current kitchen updates by the way. Impressive work.

Edited by H3ROS, 22 January 2012 - 03:53 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
Yes. All depends on how long it'll take to get my Skate fixed. In the meanwhile, it would be good to collect info on what would people prefer for FM Radio, MusicPlayer - to have quite a good number of choices in update kitchen for everyone :)

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
* FM Radio by MIUI (Modified for the ZTE blade by andorko)
* Music player = I've no idea. I install PlayerPro with DSPPack, but it's £2.49 to buy

This would normally use DSP Manager which has separate profiles for headsets, right? If yes then when flashing the replacement Equalizer maybe you should include Headset Profiler? To quote myself from the Atomic thread:

Thought I'd share this find since Atomic doesn't have a separate audio profile for headsets. Basically with it installed you can have your audio automatically adjusted to 100% or whatever you set it as when you plug in headphones and then go back to default when they're unplugged, so there's less chance of you damaging the phones speaker.

Without it I know that at some point I'm bound to leave my volume at 100% on some dubstep song and have it destroy the phones speaker :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users