"on-screen phone"

Guest stonebear

Guest stonebear

Looking at my battery usage it has on-screen phone as the most use (26%) .

I have just frozen it, that should help my battery use.

What I am wondering is why it was enabled in the first place, it just has something about changing password when I selected it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by stonebear

Guest thedicemaster

it's a tool to control your phone from your pc.

if you run the pc application for it while your phone is connected through usb you can see your phone's screen on your pc, and control it with your mouse and keyboard.

it's kept running so it can detect the pc application at any time.

it is indeed best to freeze it if you never use it though, it can also prevent other applications from running properly.

Guest RedeemerSK

Thanks. :)

I will try it out one day but for now I will keep it frozen.

From my experiences with OSP I can tell you it won't work - PC will not be able to connect to the phone - right after you've defrost the app. You have to restart the phone first, OSP app probably starts something (service) on startup. Just to let you know.

Guest stonebear

From my experiences with OSP I can tell you it won't work - PC will not be able to connect to the phone - right after you've defrost the app. You have to restart the phone first, OSP app probably starts something (service) on startup. Just to let you know.

OK, thanks. :)