[APP] TPT Helper

Guest Amphoras

Guest Amphoras

Have now finished adding support for the Monte Carlo to this app. It lets you download different TPTs, and checks the md5sum, unzipped, and checks the md5sum of the image.bin for you. You can also start the TPT from within the app on some roms.Features:

*Download TPT files giving different partition layouts

*Download TPT files which will convert and install a ROM in one go

*Build your own TPT choosing partition size and recovery (in the given range)

*Start the TPT from inside the app on some roms, no need to use the hardware buttons manually

*Check the file is intact

*Unzip the TPT files to the correct location

*Verify that all the files you're about to flash are intact

*Clean up afterwards to avoid accidental flashes

https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

The Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT files linked to in the app were created by wbaw.

Translations:

French translations by Alex131089.

German translations by FelixL.

Russian translations by top4ek.

Chinese translations by wuxipaopao.

Serbian translations by Sokobeg.

Czech translations by dejf.

Polish translations by arnoldziq.

If you'd like to help with translations, you can add/update them here:

http://www.getlocalization.com/TPT_Helper/

If you've added some, let me know so I can credit you with it.

TPT Helper Copyright © 2011 David Phillips

TPT Helper is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modifyit under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

TPT Helper is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with TPT Helper. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

You can see a copy of the full license by picking the "License" option from the menu.

You can get a copy of the source code for this version from https://github.com/A...-Helper/tree/V2

Edited by Amphoras

Guest Amphoras

Someone sent a bug report through the market about it force-closing while trying to copy ztepack to make the custom TPT. Thanks very much for sending it, hopefully the new version I just uploaded should fix that problem. If anyone is still getting that problem with version 2.0.1, could they let me know please?

If anyone is having problems with that part, make sure you are rooted and give superuser permissions when it requests them. It needs them to copy ztepack to /system/bin so it can use it to build the image.bin. The new version should at least make it clearer why its crashing even if it doesn't fix it completely.

Guest tilal6991

Hey amphoras.

I was the guy who sent the bug report. I'm on cm9 which I know isn't the best for stability and compatibility. This time it doesn't crash but what it says is "ztepack could not be copied". While its saying that super user sends a message that the app has been given su permissions.

Hope what I said makes sense to you!

This is strange because I had no problems with tpt helper untilled I updated on market.

Now I getting same message as tilal?

It says unzipping,copying,then asks for su which I give,few seconds later that zte package error pops up.

edit: ok so I thought no problem.I then went to Titanium Backup,wiped data,restored backup of previous version.But that one force closes now?

However,after starting the app again,it has created the image folder and the directory is ok,I checked.

Here is a log I took from v2.0

TPT-Helper-V2.0.txt

Edited by Guest

Guest Amphoras

Hey amphoras.

I was the guy who sent the bug report. I'm on cm9 which I know isn't the best for stability and compatibility. This time it doesn't crash but what it says is "ztepack could not be copied". While its saying that super user sends a message that the app has been given su permissions.

Hope what I said makes sense to you!

Thanks again. I have a possible idea for why its happening, but I need to wait til I get home to check.

This is strange because I had no problems with tpt helper untilled I updated on market.

Now I getting same message as tilal?

It says unzipping,copying,then asks for su which I give,few seconds later that zte package error pops up.

edit: ok so I thought no problem.I then went to Titanium Backup,wiped data,restored backup of previous version.But that one force closes now?

However,after starting the app again,it has created the image folder and the directory is ok,I checked.

Here is a log I took from v2.0

No idea why this is happening though. The bit where I added the message should only happen if it fails to copy ztepack, which it shouldn't if it worked before. Are you using a different rom from when it worked? If so, which one are you using now, and what were you using before?

Thanks again. I have a possible idea for why its happening, but I need to wait til I get home to check.

No idea why this is happening though. The bit where I added the message should only happen if it fails to copy ztepack, which it shouldn't if it worked before. Are you using a different rom from when it worked? If so, which one are you using now, and what were you using before?

I was using cm7 when it worked,but now on atomic and it does not work.

edit: ok it seems it is Atomic that it does not work on.I done a clean install of atomic and tried several times to get tpt helper to work and it crash every time.

I just reinstalled cm7 and it worked straight away....

Just tested several times,worked every time.

Edited by Guest

Guest Amphoras

I was using cm7 when it worked,but now on atomic and it does not work.

edit: ok it seems it is Atomic that it does not work on.I done a clean install of atomic and tried several times to get tpt helper to work and it crash every time.

I just reinstalled cm7 and it worked straight away....

Just tested several times,worked every time.

Thanks, I think I know why it fails on Atomic now. Just need to find a way to resolve it. Hopefully it is the same reason that it fails on CM9, haven't checked that one yet.

Guest Amphoras

Thanks, I think I know why it fails on Atomic now. Just need to find a way to resolve it. Hopefully it is the same reason that it fails on CM9, haven't checked that one yet.

Yep, CM9 is the same reason. When its trying to copy ztepack to /system/bin, it tries to run the command mv /sdcard/ztepack /system/bin/ztepack. Neither Atomic (4 anyway, it worked in the earlier version of Atomic that I tested it on) or CM9 have the mv binary present, so it can't run the command.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I dont understand how making your own TPT works :s Does it make a TPT with all your data in it?

BTW

volume up + power = does not work.

volume up + power + home = does not work.

volume up + power + menu = works

The only way it worked the first time was going back to stock ROM, but that doesnt work now it boots to a black screen.

Edit: Forgot to remove the battery first sorry :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Amphoras

I dont understand how making your own TPT works :s Does it make a TPT with all your data in it?

BTW

volume up + power = does not work.

volume up + power + home = does not work.

volume up + power + menu = works

The only way it worked the first time was going back to stock ROM, but that doesnt work now it boots to a black screen.

Edit: Forgot to remove the battery first sorry :)

It just lets you choose what partition sizes and recovery version to use. It still wipes everything like the other TPTs.

Vol+ and menu when powering on is the correct combination. Vol+ and power works on some phones, but not all, and vol+ and home doesn't do anything.

Edited by Amphoras

Have now finished adding support for the Monte Carlo to this app. It lets you download different TPTs, and checks the md5sum, unzipped, and checks the md5sum of the image.bin for you. You can also start the TPT from within the app on some roms.Features:

*Start the TPT from inside the app on some roms, no need to use the hardware buttons manually

Translations:

https://docs.google....jlZdkE&hl=en_US

TPT Helper is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modifyit under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

TPT Helper is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with TPT Helper. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

You can see a copy of the full license by picking the "License" option from the menu.

You can get a copy of the source code for this version from https://github.com/A...-Helper/tree/V2

As will friend?

Used your app on my skateboard and gave everything right here!

I was with 205 MB free and I'm using link2SD to play the applications on EXT3 and works well too!

The app This translated into Portuguese!

You did a great job ... congratulations!

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Edited by PejotA

Guest Amphoras

As will friend?

Used your app on my skateboard and gave everything right here!

I was with 205 MB free and I'm using link2SD to play the applications on EXT3 and works well too!

The app This translated into Portuguese!

You did a great job ... congratulations!

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Yeah there are some Portuguese and Spanish translations, but I don't know who added them. Glad it worked ok for you :).

Yeah there are some Portuguese and Spanish translations, but I don't know who added them. Glad it worked ok for you :).

Yes friend that your tool helped me to partition the memory and have more internal space desa so I can put more applications and not have problem of lack of space!

What does not lack for you is willingness to help!

Great job this that your develops, because the application is much easier to do than the manual method!

Very good!

rolleyes.gif

Edited by PejotA

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Translations:

https://docs.google....jlZdkE&hl=en_US

Fantastic app! Cheers David.

I just updated the Chinese translation. Hope it helps.

Guest Amphoras

Fantastic app! Cheers David.

I just updated the Chinese translation. Hope it helps.

Added Swedish translations. Some of it we're hard to translate when you didn't see the words in context but I think most of it is correct smile.gif

Thanks guys, will add them this weekend hopefully.

I have tpthelper v2.02 with an old August 2011 Kitchen ROM and I'm getting the unable to copy ztepack message. Should it work or should I start using Atomic or CM7?