[APP] TPT Helper

Guest Amphoras

1327618019' post=1890717']

It doesn't work yet on some roms. It should be ok on CM7, but it doesn't seem to work on all versions of Atomic.

I now have Atomic 4 and it still gives the same error.

Can anyone confirm that the 160MB system size works with Atomic v4? And what happens when apps cooked into the system rom get updated? Do they go into the system area, that is, can the system size increase with updates?

Thanks

Guest Kayusumi

It is very strange that it will hang after downloading of custom TPT when the language is set to Chinese

Got solved when I set the language to English

Guest Amphoras

It is very strange that it will hang after downloading of custom TPT when the language is set to Chinese

Got solved when I set the language to English

Thanks, I see why that's happening. It was me being stupid and comparing a fixed string with one from the strings.xml file. It would work fine in English, but when another language was set it could never match. Will fix it when I update the translations this weekend. Will add a possible fix for copying ztepack on other roms as well.

Guest Amphoras

Languages are updated now, and fixed the problem where it would fail after unzipping if you used a language other than English. I also added another couple of ways for it to copy ztepack, hopefully one of them will work. Could someone who had problems with it on their rom let me know if it fixes it or not?

Guest Kayusumi

Languages are updated now, and fixed the problem where it would fail after unzipping if you used a language other than English. I also added another couple of ways for it to copy ztepack, hopefully one of them will work. Could someone who had problems with it on their rom let me know if it fixes it or not?

It can create image.bin in Chinese language setting now, thanks a lot for your update!

Guest ronc2000

I ma using CM7. I have download v1a. Unzipped, checked. imaged.bin - Match. But when I start TPT, it says - Sorry, this feature is not yet supported for your current rom. What Have I done wrong, not have not done? Update - I have just done with power+volume=menu. I do not know why the "Start TPT" should be in the app! What is the function of that?

Thanks.

Edited by ronc2000

Guest Amphoras

I ma using CM7. I have download v1a. Unzipped, checked. imaged.bin - Match. But when I start TPT, it says - Sorry, this feature is not yet supported for your current rom. What Have I done wrong, not have not done? Update - I have just done with power+volume=menu. I do not know why the "Start TPT" should be in the app! What is the function of that?

Thanks.

On any ZTE rom, or rom based on a ZTE one, clicking the "Start TPT" button will reboot the phone and start the TPT without the need for holding the buttons while you power on. It just makes use of the system update option in the Settings menu. On roms like CM7, the system update option isn't built into the rom, so you need to start it manually.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wacky.ddw

I've writen a part about this in my beginners tutorial, But its not complete yet could you please answer the questions and see if there are any parts that are wrong? So i dont give people the wrong information.

Like for example my ATOMIC R7 system size is 169mb because i added apps to the system partition. So what will happen if make a custom TPT with only 150mb system?

Tutorial: LINK

Guest Wacky.ddw

@Amphoras,could you add the new recovery by tilal if you do another update?

But that version doesnt work properly... When you power on with "volume down + power" your buttons dont work.

But that version doesnt work properly... When you power on with "volume down + power" your buttons dont work.

That's not the combination for new recovery.

Its power+home+volume up.....it works fine,been using it for weeks,and its ics blue.

Guest Wacky.ddw

That's not the combination for new recovery.

Its power+home+volume up.....it works fine,been using it for weeks,and its ics blue.

Ha ok is that a bug or is it just the way the new version works? I will flash it and if its stable i will update my tutorial with the new version.

Guest tilal6991

Ha ok is that a bug or is it just the way the new version works? I will flash it and if its stable i will update my tutorial with the new version.

That's just the new key combo which works. I've tried to fix it but everything I've tried fails to fix it on the combo that worked before.

Guest Amphoras

Wacky.ddw, I replied in your thread. If you try to flash a rom or backup to a partition that is too small, it will either fail to flash or some things will be missing. eg. some people would have market missing on the blade because their system partition was a little too small.

jikobutsu, I can add it at some point yeah.

Guest rage a500

Hi, im currently on technic rom, which tpt helper says is not supported, its not a problem, i will just change to a compatible rom. . Could do a welsh language conversion if you want?

Guest Amphoras

Hi, im currently on technic rom, which tpt helper says is not supported, its not a problem, i will just change to a compatible rom. . Could do a welsh language conversion if you want?

Even if the auto TPT starting isn't supported on your current rom, you can still start it manually by turning your phone off, then turning it on again while holding menu and vol+.

Welsh translation would be great if you wanted to :).

Guest rage a500

Ok. Im stupid, didnt read things properly, just auto mode not supported, anyway tried using cm7 rom to start tpt from. Downloaded v2. Checked md5 and other check, all ok, done the reboot and menu/Vol+power. Green install come up and i now have a cool brighter version of cwm installed. No rom though, guess i done something wrong, been drinking beer and watching football so anything possible. New cwm is cool.

Guest Amphoras

Ok. Im stupid, didnt read things properly, just auto mode not supported, anyway tried using cm7 rom to start tpt from. Downloaded v2. Checked md5 and other check, all ok, done the reboot and menu/Vol+power. Green install come up and i now have a cool brighter version of cwm installed. No rom though, guess i done something wrong, been drinking beer and watching football so anything possible. New cwm is cool.

You didn't do anything wrong. The TPTs delete your current rom and data, so you need to flash a new one once it boots you into Clockwork.