82 replies to this topic

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

But that version doesnt work properly... When you power on with "volume down + power" your buttons dont work.

That's not the combination for new recovery.
Its power+home+volume up.....it works fine,been using it for weeks,and its ics blue.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Devices:None :(

That's not the combination for new recovery.
Its power+home+volume up.....it works fine,been using it for weeks,and its ics blue.

Ha ok is that a bug or is it just the way the new version works? I will flash it and if its stable i will update my tutorial with the new version.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150

Ha ok is that a bug or is it just the way the new version works? I will flash it and if its stable i will update my tutorial with the new version.

That's just the new key combo which works. I've tried to fix it but everything I've tried fails to fix it on the combo that worked before.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
Wacky.ddw, I replied in your thread. If you try to flash a rom or backup to a partition that is too small, it will either fail to flash or some things will be missing. eg. some people would have market missing on the blade because their system partition was a little too small.

jikobutsu, I can add it at some point yeah.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

pokedude911

pokedude911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
This app is amazing, thanks!

rage a500

rage a500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:omc
Hi, im currently on technic rom, which tpt helper says is not supported, its not a problem, i will just change to a compatible rom. . Could do a welsh language conversion if you want?

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Hi, im currently on technic rom, which tpt helper says is not supported, its not a problem, i will just change to a compatible rom. . Could do a welsh language conversion if you want?

Even if the auto TPT starting isn't supported on your current rom, you can still start it manually by turning your phone off, then turning it on again while holding menu and vol+.

Welsh translation would be great if you wanted to :).

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

rage a500

rage a500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Ok. Im stupid, didnt read things properly, just auto mode not supported, anyway tried using cm7 rom to start tpt from. Downloaded v2. Checked md5 and other check, all ok, done the reboot and menu/Vol+power. Green install come up and i now have a cool brighter version of cwm installed. No rom though, guess i done something wrong, been drinking beer and watching football so anything possible. New cwm is cool.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Ok. Im stupid, didnt read things properly, just auto mode not supported, anyway tried using cm7 rom to start tpt from. Downloaded v2. Checked md5 and other check, all ok, done the reboot and menu/Vol+power. Green install come up and i now have a cool brighter version of cwm installed. No rom though, guess i done something wrong, been drinking beer and watching football so anything possible. New cwm is cool.

You didn't do anything wrong. The TPTs delete your current rom and data, so you need to flash a new one once it boots you into Clockwork.

TPTs and other apps

v1pEr

v1pEr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE)
Great job Amphoras, thanks for making this available for us

rage a500

rage a500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

You didn't do anything wrong. The TPTs delete your current rom and data, so you need to flash a new one once it boots you into Clockwork.

I've tried installing your from and it aborts. I've downloaded again and it it does the same.
Im welsh, but I was joking as like alot of welsh people, I don't speak welsh.. sorry

hankhandsome

hankhandsome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
just discovered this app and tried to create a custom TPT. it's been 'unzipping' for the past 10 minutes - is this normal ?

running it on a GEN1 ZTE Blade ..

Edited by hankhandsome, 06 May 2012 - 02:41 AM.

ufizo

ufizo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Devices:DELL XCD35
  • Twitter:@ufiz0
I am on CM9 and this app apparently does not work with ICS.
I have a request to make,

can someone please make a custom TPT for me?
/system 185M
/cache 5M (or 2M?)
rest /data
small android and latest CWM recovery. :blush:

(mine is san fran, not skate)

hankhandsome

hankhandsome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I am on CM9 and this app apparently does not work with ICS.
I have a request to make,

can someone please make a custom TPT for me?
/system 185M
/cache 5M (or 2M?)
rest /data
small android and latest CWM recovery. :blush:

(mine is san fran, not skate)

why not make a nandroid backup and then flash back to CM7 temporarily to do one yourself ? once you've rebooted, you can format the system in clockwork then just restore your nandroid - job done.

as for my issue, i've resolved it now - i forgot my blade was Gen1 .. doh!. working like a charm now. might even experiment with bigger partition and cache sizes ..

ufizo

ufizo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Twitter:@ufiz0
alright, yes ofcourse I could do that

why not make a nandroid backup and then flash back to CM7 temporarily to do one yourself ? once you've rebooted, you can format the system in clockwork then just restore your nandroid - job done.

as for my issue, i've resolved it now - i forgot my blade was Gen1 .. doh!. working like a charm now. might even experiment with bigger partition and cache sizes ..

Alright, well yes of course I could do that. But downloading a 70MB ROM, and then flashing it is some work to do,
whereas if somebody is willing to help, it will just be an upload of 4-5MBs for him/her.

I know I am sounding lazy, but I thought it would be convenient.

EDIT: Well, I did downgrade to CM7, and tried this APP.
got /sdcard/image created fine.
MD5 check fails for 2 files as expected (since I used custom sizes)

but trying the TPT I get something like:
Update from T-flash Card
error!
error!
error!
error!
error!
error!

whereas the other custom TPT's I've tried work fine.
What could it be?

Edited by ufizo, 06 May 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Basicly

Basicly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hi

OMC
CWM Recovery v4.0.1.4
Ice Armor III

Trying to update to CWM v5.5.0.4

Tried using Wacky.ddw's guide

Part 2c) Updating or changing clockworkmod

This is the easiest way to update clockworkmod if your allready on a custom ROM, or on rooted stock firmware. If you are not, then please read part 2a or part 2b first.

Download "Terminal emulator" from the market: LINK

Download on of the packages from the download section of this tutorial, and copy the recovery.img to the root of your SDcard. (Or any other skate compatible recovery)

Open the "Terminal emulator" app and type this without the " " signs:

"su"

"flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img"

It should say writing to block xxxxxxx, but sometimes it only shows a square. In my expirience if it doesnt give a error your good to go. Reboot into recovery and see if it worked.

Got error.. Tried it a few times.

I've noticed in CWM Recovery v4.0.1.4 that there is an apply update option and that asks for an update.zip. Any idea where I could get that?

Thanks guys.

Viento del Sur

Viento del Sur

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Montecarlo
Revert to TPT standard
(on skate)

If I need to reverse the stock tpt, the question is:

The option download a tpt -> TPT standard also includes a recovery? CW or FMT or none?

(I'm not talking about all-in-one)

very thx!

Edited by Viento del Sur, 10 June 2012 - 04:55 PM.

HumaDroid

HumaDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Try doing it through ROM manager

bAzYx

bAzYx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Hi
(...)

Hereby the links to the posts with flashable zips
Clockworkmod 5.5.0.4:
http://www.modaco.co...20#entry1950090
Team Win Open Recovery (nice as it is touchscreen aware and compresses the Nandroid backups) (Note backup of sd-ext not good though)
http://www.modaco.co...5/#entry1949300

avenn

avenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Revert to TPT standard
(on skate)

If I need to reverse the stock tpt, the question is:

The option download a tpt -> TPT standard also includes a recovery? CW or FMT or none?

(I'm not talking about all-in-one)

very thx!

Good question. Did you got the answer to that already?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users