[Q] can nandroid not backup the sdcard?

Guest mamoulian

Guest mamoulian

When you do backup with clockwork recovery on the GN it includes the SD card directory, so do you need to ensure you have at least half of the 16GB total free?

I don't, there's a large Google Music cache plus a lot of downloaded game data (e.g. Gameloft) so there's only 2-3GB free, maybe enough to include a 'normal' data image but not sdcard too.

What are people doing in this scenario?

Is there an option in Clockworkmod that I've missed?

Or is there a way to get it to backup to a real SD card via USB-OTG? (I tried the mount USB item but it errored)

No, it doesn't backup the 'sdcard' directory (data/media).

When you do backup with clockwork recovery on the GN it includes the SD card directory, so do you need to ensure you have at least half of the 16GB total free?

I don't, there's a large Google Music cache plus a lot of downloaded game data (e.g. Gameloft) so there's only 2-3GB free, maybe enough to include a 'normal' data image but not sdcard too.

What are people doing in this scenario?

Is there an option in Clockworkmod that I've missed?

Or is there a way to get it to backup to a real SD card via USB-OTG? (I tried the mount USB item but it errored)

Guest mamoulian

No, it doesn't backup the 'sdcard' directory (data/media).

Ah, thanks, I thought I saw some sd-like-files go flashing past when it was backing up, will have to go investigate what's been put under /data/...

• 2 months later...
Guest CaspaTheGhost

Annoyingly, when you actually download music from Google Music it doesn't store it on the SD so when you flash another ROM its deleted!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mamoulian

Annoyingly, when you actually download music from Google Music it doesn't store it on the SD so when you flash another ROM its deleted!

hmm, maybe it can be backed up with Titanium? I'd have thought most people use Titanium anyway to backup app settings, save games etc.

That annoys me though as space gets tight with nandroid and Titanium files on there at the same time... must remember to delete the Google Music cache first!

I would hope that GM is clever and distributes 'pinned' files over your WiFi LAN if the application is running on a PC, it might not though. Dropbox does which allows for a fast resync.

Guest drewstiff

Titanium can restore apps stored within a nandroid backup individually so I use that rather than do individual backups now.