Back cover for the ZTE Skate

Guest qwertymz

Guest monographix

it would be cool to find the stock matt finish ZTE back with the roboid (although the chinese text might be a bit turn off)

Guest WillDroid

Great find, thanks. I have ordered a matte black one.

Ooh, cool. Tell us if it arrives :lol: I might have to order one myself. :)

Guest JThumar

Ok guys !! The sugar trick actually works and its just superb.........uploading a photo of back cover which was scratchless after 5 mins of sugar rubbing....i tried granulated sugar and worked fine !!

Finally got my telephoto lens and took the photo......:)

post-954318-0-29456600-1330933036_thumb.

Edited by JThumar

Guest plegdroid

Ok guys !! The sugar trick actually works and its just superb.........uploading a photo of back cover which was scratchless after 5 mins of sugar rubbing....i tried granulated sugar and worked fine !!

Finally got my telephoto lens and took the photo......:)

doe's work, the science is, it's soft enough to crumble without scratching, but hard enough to remove it, glad you trusted the science and it's worked :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gavinp

Ooh, just found this. It's a matte black back cover for the skate, from a random Chinese site though so don't know if it'd turn up :lol: Branded with China Mobile for $13.99 or a glossy one ZTE branded for $19.99.

Thanks for posting this - my one turned up yesterday and it is MUCH better quality than the standard OMC shiny back.

It is "soft touch" matt black plastic - looks similar to the stock OSF V1 back panel but better quality.

Thanks

Gavin

Guest gavinp

does it have a "China Mobile" Logo ?

Yes it does

Not decided yet if I can live with it or will try and remove it with a sugar cube (as I managed to do with the Orange logo).

Thanks

Gavin

Guest gavinp

OK, decided to give the sugar cube trick on the soft-touch matt cover a tentative try and it doesn't look like it will work... :(

I have successfully removed the Orange logo from my standard rear cover without leaving a trace but this one would be much more of a challenge and I think would leave visible scratches.

Thanks

Gavin

Guest monographix

i warned you ! :( it wont work on matt ... there must be some other way to remove from matt, but i am not very hopefull about it, because matt means pores, pores which have absorbed the paint ....

Guest Xmas.se

Hi,

I was thinking to buy one back cover, and try to paint some draws on the back. But, this is not plastic, anyone know where I can find an original one (preference in white... :-)

Regards,

i warned you ! :( it wont work on matt ... there must be some other way to remove from matt, but i am not very hopefull about it, because matt means pores, pores which have absorbed the paint ....

Guest gavinp

It is not a big deal to me - I was much more bothered by the feel of the back panel rather than a logo being on it.

As ZTE is a mobile phone from China, it is probably quite appropriate.. :)

Thanks

Gavin

Guest darren2

Thanks for posting this - my one turned up yesterday and it is MUCH better quality than the standard OMC shiny back.

It is "soft touch" matt black plastic - looks similar to the stock OSF V1 back panel but better quality.

Thanks

Gavin

Mine arrived today, agreed much better than the original OMC case.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest monographix

Mine arrived today, agreed much better than the original OMC case.

i'd give the logo on the matt cover a try gently with the thinnest sandpaper (smth like 1000+ degrees)

i might order two of those and experiment on one, posting results here :D

• 2 weeks later...