Photo

[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

* * * * * 66 votes

• Please log in to reply
2369 replies to this topic

SoonDead

SoonDead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
I'm planning on installing this rom on my ZTE blade.
It was sold as GEN1 and then later I installed the official 2.2 update provided by t-mobile. It apparently made my phone GEN2 as I have discovered trying to install this with the all in one TPT method.

Since I've never installed any custom ROM-s on my phone I approach this cautiously. There is a lot of information about this, and it's not easy to decipher what is outdated, and what is valid because there are a few contradictions. So I'm sort of lost in the process, as I wouldn't want to make any irreversible mistake.

I have made a question about my progress on android.stackexchange.com, but I haven't recieved any answers.
  • Basically I want to install clockworkmod as if I understand correctly it replaces the default recovery and lets me install custom ROM-s. But I'm not entirely sure which is the right version for me.
  • I also want to repartition my internal storage if it is not unreasonably risky. I have been struggling with the official 2.2 on blade as even if I move my apps to the SD card the partition for storing the applications' data (facebook, gallery app, etc) eats up all the space. I'm unsure how it is done and how much it changes my phone (e.g. am I able to repartition it without removing/breaking the currently installed rom?) I have read about it and decided that the amphoras TPT Helper app will be able to help me through this one. Should I do it? Is it worth the risk? Also what do I resize it to? 128 /system? 160 /system? My guess would be 128.
  • Finally I also want to install Swedish Snow on the phone. If I understand correctly this is done by booting into recovery, selecting every wipe option (wipe data, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache) and then selecting the zipped rom to install, reboot my phone and wait for it to boot up the new rom. I'm not sure when or how to install the circle battery mod addon for example.
Can I get some advice about these steps?

Also which is the best way to backup the current state of my phone? I'm not talking about the data (as i have already backed that up), but anything worth backing up if I want to revert to the stock rom later in the case I have trouble with this. I have read about nandroid for example. It seems to be the best solution for this. Is it?

Sorry for the lot of vague and bundled up questions, I should have probably separated this into a handful of posts.

Edited by SoonDead, 09 March 2013 - 03:01 PM.

thanos3xd

thanos3xd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE

I'm planning on installing this rom on my ZTE blade.
It was sold as GEN1 and then later I installed the official 2.2 update provided by t-mobile. It apparently made my phone GEN2 as I have discovered trying to install this with the all in one TPT method.

Since I've never installed any custom ROM-s on my phone I approach this cautiously. There is a lot of information about this, and it's not easy to decipher what is outdated, and what is valid because there are a few contradictions. So I'm sort of lost in the process, as I wouldn't want to make any irreversible mistake.

I have made a question about my progress on android.stackexchange.com, but I haven't recieved any answers.

• Basically I want to install clockworkmod as if I understand correctly it replaces the default recovery and lets me install custom ROM-s. But I'm not entirely sure which is the right version for me.
  • I also want to repartition my internal storage if it is not unreasonably risky. I have been struggling with the official 2.2 on blade as even if I move my apps to the SD card the partition for storing the applications' data (facebook, gallery app, etc) eats up all the space. I'm unsure how it is done and how much it changes my phone (e.g. am I able to repartition it without removing/breaking the currently installed rom?) I have read about it and decided that the amphoras TPT Helper app will be able to help me through this one. Should I do it? Is it worth the risk? Also what do I resize it to? 128 /system? 160 /system? My guess would be 128.
  • Finally I also want to install Swedish Snow on the phone. If I understand correctly this is done by booting into recovery, selecting every wipe option (wipe data, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache) and then selecting the zipped rom to install, reboot my phone and wait for it to boot up the new rom. I'm not sure when or how to install the circle battery mod addon for example.
Can I get some advice about these steps?

Also which is the best way to backup the current state of my phone? I'm not talking about the data (as i have already backed that up), but anything worth backing up if I want to revert to the stock rom later in the case I have trouble with this. I have read about nandroid for example. It seems to be the best solution for this. Is it?

Sorry for the lot of vague and bundled up questions, I should have probably separated this into a handful of posts.

All the answers of your questions are one the home page of zte blade Rom customisation!! Why to install 2.3.5?? Our mobile now supports with no bugs 4.1.2 CM10 wich is much smoother than 2.xxx Roms!!

SoonDead

SoonDead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
EDIT: a lot of my questions are outdated now as I have actually done a few things (installed the newest CWM, installed this ROM, and installed Circle Battery and ZTE Dialer addons). I read a lot about TPT too (which I am still thinking about).

As my first impression: This is quite a decent ROM!

Positive:

My GPS works fine again, it was performing really poorly on Stock ROM.
The menus and overall navigation feels much smoother, than in the Stock (although the browser and the android market is still sluggish).

Negative:

I had trouble with viewing my SIM contacts first, but after installing the ZTE Dialer it is possible again, so it is not really a negative.
I also miss the old Task Manager app, but there is like 9001 on the market, so it is also fine.

Why to install 2.3.5?? Our mobile now supports with no bugs 4.1.2 CM10 wich is much smoother than 2.xxx Roms!!

I was searching for a ROM that is fast and preserves battery life and is very stable. There are a lot of ROMs for blade, I thought I have found the right one for me. The 4.* branch seemed a little "experimental" for blade, for example there is this in the header of KonstaT's ROM's topics ( http://www.modaco.co...01-android-422/ http://www.modaco.co...10-android-412/ )

This is my port of CyanogenMod 10 for ZTE Blade. It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. This ROM is mainly for developers/testers/advanced users - people who are aware that this ROM is incomplete. I'm really not interested in hearing whining about non-working things (and questions when they will be fixed), instead your ideas/input on the remaining issues is welcome.

This meant to me these roms are experimental and not for everyday use (yet).

If these ROMs are stable, or you are referring to other CM10 based ROMs for blade that are stable please point me to them. I'm open to suggestions about ROMs.

Edited by SoonDead, 10 March 2013 - 01:38 PM.

Troublicious

Troublicious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
First of all, thanks KonstaT for this wonderfull rom !

I post here cause i have a big problem: i cannot update apps anymore because of the error "Insufficient Space Error" !
I checked in Rom Settings / Partition Info and i have more than free space on data (123 Mo / 326 Mo), cache (216 Ko / 42 Mo) and SD card.

The strange thing is that i can install new apps but cannot update installed ones!

The problem began with Firefox, so as i can update apps, i tried to uninstall Firefox but i cannot install it anymore : "Insufficient Space Error".

The same thing happens with Advanced Task Killer, i uninstall the app but cannot install it anymore (200 kb !!)

Someone have an idea ?

Thanks for your help ...

EDIT: OK i found that my SD was dying, or at least that the filesystem is corrupted ...

Edited by Troublicious, 21 March 2013 - 07:16 PM.

sontarasan

sontarasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
Hi SoonDead

I've been on Swedish Snow for over a year - its a great rom and does exactly what I need and was an easy TPT install. A big thanks to KonstaT for this.

2 things put me off upgrading to all the various versions CM10 - as you've said its not final. Also it looks a heck of a lot more complicated to install (ie more things to go wrong)

I'm sure I'll be "corrected" on this but until a version of CM10 comes along thats a full TPT install I'll stick with Swedish Snow.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

Hi SoonDead

I've been on Swedish Snow for over a year - its a great rom and does exactly what I need and was an easy TPT install. A big thanks to KonstaT for this.

2 things put me off upgrading to all the various versions CM10 - as you've said its not final. Also it looks a heck of a lot more complicated to install (ie more things to go wrong)

I'm sure I'll be "corrected" on this but until a version of CM10 comes along thats a full TPT install I'll stick with Swedish Snow.

cm10/cm10.1 are suitable for daily use. I have used those now about 5 months, without problems, like reboots, data loss, lagging, eetc

sontarasan

sontarasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Peetu20, Thanks - I'm only down to one reason now ;-)

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Peetu20, Thanks - I'm only down to one reason now ;-)

whats the reason. I tried swedish snow week ago first time, and it was soo laggy and old looking. Only good was scrolling, it were really smooth

sontarasan

sontarasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
That is the reason - I did try updating but get an "Update from T-Flash card! error! (repeating) message in green. I've checked the MD5 and it matches. Unless I've missed a topic when I've been searching most people posting this same problem don't have a solution. I don't have any other SD cards to try but I can reboot fine back into Swedish Snow.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
Just change sd card. Of format it and try again

sontarasan

sontarasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I've only got one working microsd card - I have tried in the past reformatted and tried again tonight - still get the Update from T-Flash card! error! (repeating) message in green that quite a few people have posted about but so far there is no solution.

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

I've only got one working microsd card - I have tried in the past reformatted and tried again tonight - still get the Update from T-Flash card! error! (repeating) message in green that quite a few people have posted about but so far there is no solution.

R u definitely putting the image file and not the zip on the root of you're sd card as its never messed up in dozens of image flashes 4 me.

Biohazard

lunario

lunario

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Devices:zte blade (sapo a5)
lets see

swedish snow rom installed
2- install tpt helper
3 download if gen 2 phone choose download gen2 partiion layout of choice if gen 1 choose gen1-to gen2 layout of choice
4 -choose checkmd5
6- unzip the file
7 check image image dir ( it will crate a image folder on sd card
8 start tpt

( it will give an error at 99 % but its fine )

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

lets see

swedish snow rom installed
2- install tpt helper
3 download if gen 2 phone choose download gen2 partiion layout of choice if gen 1 choose gen1-to gen2 layout of choice
4 -choose checkmd5
6- unzip the file
7 check image image dir ( it will crate a image folder on sd card
8 start tpt

( it will give an error at 99 % but its fine )

Yep that's the correct way to use a TPT to enlarge or shorten you're system partition.
What's it got to do with flashing all in one TPT's.

Biohazard

lunario

lunario

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Devices:zte blade (sapo a5)
yes you are right he wants to do all in one tpt my bad :)

sontarasan

sontarasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Finally solved this. :D :D :D :D :D

To everyone who thinks they've got a gen 2 Blade after installing Swedish Snow because "Mr Pigfish" tells them they have, go here

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1258855

and download the Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-custom.zip

This solves the Update from T-Flash card! error! error! error! message. Can't believe no one solved this before!!!

So I've now got CyanogenMod 10 for ZTE Blade...... This is gonna take some getting used to! Going to posting lots of questions in the CyanogenMod 10 now for stuff that appears to be missing from Swedish Snow.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Finally solved this. :D :D :D :D :D

To everyone who thinks they've got a gen 2 Blade after installing Swedish Snow because "Mr Pigfish" tells them they have, go here

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1258855

and download the Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-custom.zip

This solves the Update from T-Flash card! error! error! error! message. Can't believe no one solved this before!!!

So I've now got CyanogenMod 10 for ZTE Blade...... This is gonna take some getting used to! Going to posting lots of questions in the CyanogenMod 10 now for stuff that appears to be missing from Swedish Snow.

I still recommend cm10.1, its much smoother than cm10. And everything is working like in cm10

sontarasan

sontarasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Well I've now got CM10.1 and had 1 automatic reboot today - think all comments relating to this should now be in the CM10.1 thread.

JMS74

JMS74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (Sapo A5)
In this rom the Skype app don't output sound thru the internal / phone speaker but only thru the loud speaker..
Any chance of a patch to solve this? Some roms have this problem

wakeup12

wakeup12

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:Orange Stockholm, OSF

In this rom the Skype app don't output sound thru the internal / phone speaker but only thru the loud speaker..
Any chance of a patch to solve this? Some roms have this problem

There is a patched Skype. I am using that one. You can search in the forum. This is not a ROM issue I think, it is a ZTE Blade problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)