Photo

[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

* * * * * 66 votes

2370 replies to this topic

amcfad

amcfad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:SAN FRANCISCO
Hi , I am using Moldovan MP, and previously used Swedish Spring, i have the first gen OSF with the amoled screen. Can i just update my phone with this rom as i previously done ? Sorry for noob question but i see it has a GEN 2 sign better safe than sorry. Any help would be appreciated, Posted Image

agpoli

agpoli

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Hi , I am using Moldovan MP, and previously used Swedish Spring, i have the first gen OSF with the amoled screen. Can i just update my phone with this rom as i previously done ? Sorry for noob question but i see it has a GEN 2 sign better safe than sorry. Any help would be appreciated, Posted Image

If you upgrade your phone to Gen2 you can use safely this ROM too.

Edit: used RLS2 for ages, but one day sms stopped working, I couldn't send a single one.
Did a clean install with RLS4b. I didn't had any problem with proximity/camera/etc, but decided to try out the new kernel. So far soo good. I'm missing UV though.

Edited by agpoli, 26 February 2012 - 08:45 AM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio
Statusbar softkeys

This adds CM7 tablet tweak style software keys to statusbar (home, menu and back). Keys are aligned to the right, because it's the only place where I can place them without them being overlapped with something. No long press activities on the buttons (at least for now). This replaces SystemUI.apk (and framework-res.apk), so this MOD can't be used with e.g. center clock mod and it will overwrite your current theme.

Attached File  screenshot-1330251254792.png   614.51KB   143 downloads

V3: http://android.modac...ost__p__1909473

Edited by KonstaT, 29 February 2012 - 10:39 AM.

Akash P

Akash P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia ZR
Flashed it now. One more reason i love your rom :)

Sony Xperia ZR ( C5502) (Rooted!)

Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not.

B9Anders

B9Anders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade / San Francisco
I flashed this yesterday. After toiling for a week with various ICS roms, it is sheer delight to come to a rom that is both fast, wonderfully coherent and where everything works.

The only glitch I've come across is that when I load a picture into Gallery from my file explorer that Gallery hasn't scanned itself, it flips into the album folder for The Verve's Urban Hymns and shows the album cover for that instead (even then, I can just slide back to the picture I want to watch. Gallery thinks the picture resides in that folder). Gallery is amazingly fast in this rom though.

The only thing I'd want to change is is the battery display. I crave having an exact percentile in my statusbar. Can anyone guide me to a zip I can flash for it?

Well that and maybe a more spiffy lockscreen. After ICS, the Gingerbread one seems kinda boring now. :D

Finally, I wish to give a major thumbs up to the installation process. The All-in-one TPT is a great idea. I like the idea of having the partition scheme tailored to the rom and love the loads of space for apps I won't have to put on the SD card.

B9Anders

B9Anders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade / San Francisco
Oh and while I love the power widget bar, is there any chance of adding a few more toggles? The Extended Controls app for example has toggles for wifi- and usb-tethering, force sync, changing screen timeout times, mass storage and haptic feedback.

For my own purposes, if I could toggle wifi-tethering from there (i use the Extended Controls widget with just the one button now) the rom would be close to perfection.  :)

agpoli

agpoli

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Flashed Softkeys, so now you have somebody testing RLS4b+new kernel+softkeys :)

So far so good, softkeys/camera/ proximity/etc working. If you won't release anything in the next few days ( Posted Image ) I will have experience with battery life too. I think it should be ok.

aequalszero

aequalszero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hey, just a quick question:

If I use the RLS4b TPT to upgrade from Gen1 to Gen2, could I use TPTHelper or the wbaw TPTs to go back to Gen1 if I ever needed to?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Hey, just a quick question:

If I use the RLS4b TPT to upgrade from Gen1 to Gen2, could I use TPTHelper or the wbaw TPTs to go back to Gen1 if I ever needed to?

Quick answer to a quick question. Yes.

kirpika

kirpika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:zte v880+ (chinese version)
earlier today i experienced a series of reboots while texting. ss rls4 + updated kernel by burstlam from adjacent thread. i haven't seen anything like that for more than 3 weeks running rls3+stock kernel.

now it seems ok (latest several messages were sent and received with no problems), but wtf was that?

ps. it's not overlocked. - standard setting of 624mhz is used

Edited by kirpika, 26 February 2012 - 01:57 PM.

aequalszero

aequalszero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Quick answer to a quick question. Yes.

What a star! Thanks KonstaT, your hard work and the rave reviews for this ROM will make it my first upgrade in over a year (from FLBr8, I believe). Can't wait to use it!

Grejo

Grejo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi KonstaT, everyone,

I tested this new kernel the last 24h with SS_RLS4b.
I haven't no problems, all works fine. Faster contact with BT and even no hitches (lags) on my S9-HD headphones.
No OC possibility, but I don't use it.

I bought the Blade end of March previous year in France (oled screen and 3.2 Mpix camera).

Now I have seen the WiFi linkspeed is 11 Mbps insteed 54 Mbps.
Someone else?

amcfad

amcfad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:SAN FRANCISCO

If you upgrade your phone to Gen2 you can use safely this ROM too.

Edit: used RLS2 for ages, but one day sms stopped working, I couldn't send a single one.
Did a clean install with RLS4b. I didn't had any problem with proximity/camera/etc, but decided to try out the new kernel. So far soo good. I'm missing UV though.

I should have read the first page more carefully , as all details are there for a GEN1 upgrade through TPT.

However the download link Swedish-Snow-RLS4b-TPT.zip is not working

Posted Image

Are there any other links.?

agpoli

agpoli

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
The link is working, just tried it a minute ago.

Max-Power

Max-Power

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Been with ss4b for a while now, but just tried my navigation... initially all seemed fine when keyed in, but by the time i was driving after a couple mins, the GPS seemed to have gotten completely screwed!

I am using A-GPS as well, so would have thought it would be ok.. any one else had any issues?

weaversbrook

weaversbrook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE/SKATE
Found rom today excellent so far many thanks.

Zebot

Zebot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for this great ROM !

I use RLS4b and encounter a small issue with contacts export on SD card. I got the same bug with MHMP RLS9 as well. I have 89 contacts that i try to export to SD card and it crashes during the export everytime saying the android.process.acore process as failed. Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

rwalton159

rwalton159

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@rwalton159
Don't you have your contacts synched on Google?

Zebot

Zebot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
No i don't like to give my contacts to Google ;)

Don't you have your contacts synched on Google?

chapmans35

chapmans35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I flashed this yesterday. After toiling for a week with various ICS roms, it is sheer delight to come to a rom that is both fast, wonderfully coherent and where everything works.

The only glitch I've come across is that when I load a picture into Gallery from my file explorer that Gallery hasn't scanned itself, it flips into the album folder for The Verve's Urban Hymns and shows the album cover for that instead (even then, I can just slide back to the picture I want to watch. Gallery thinks the picture resides in that folder). Gallery is amazingly fast in this rom though.

The only thing I'd want to change is is the battery display. I crave having an exact percentile in my statusbar. Can anyone guide me to a zip I can flash for it?

I agree slim battery circle would be great. :-)

Well that and maybe a more spiffy lockscreen. After ICS, the Gingerbread one seems kinda boring now. :D

Finally, I wish to give a major thumbs up to the installation process. The All-in-one TPT is a great idea. I like the idea of having the partition scheme tailored to the rom and love the loads of space for apps I won't have to put on the SD card.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users