[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Grejo

Apparently it needs the whole wifi directory from CM7. Should connect now at 54mbps. I have no idea where Tom G has pulled these files but thanks to him for finding them.

V2, same kernel, CM7 wifi driver.

SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip

Max wifi speed with v2 kernal now 54Mbps :rolleyes:

Guest KonstaT

How to display all Chinese inside the box?

OK, I got it now. This happens on all all languages. It's because of the 'swipe to clear notifications' feature. It needs to have static size notification box. Notifications used to grow bigger if there was more lines of text in the box. I'll try something.

Is this new kernel undervolted?

Yes, CPU and wifi.

Konstat, thanks for your answer! Sure I'll test it! Can you tell me which files I need to switch???

I'd try /system/app/Bluetooth.apk and Phone.apk. Phone.apk has some of those DTFM settings but couldn't find any difference comparing to MMHMP.

Since this is really easy to reproduce this, do you guys think a logcat could tell us any important? And what is going to happen to alogcat f.e. when the framework is just reboots?

Yes, that would give usefull information. Don't expect anything to be fixed if you can't provide any information. You still haven't even said which app you're using. I've used GPS many times well more than an hour to track my exercise and it works just fine.

I had a random reboot today. Seen it while it was on the table. It was in deep sleep. Kernel was unchanged, now updated. Using rls5.

Were you overclocking? Just because screen is off doesn't mean your phone is in deep sleep. You probably can't overclock as high as before because also the AXI bus is now overclocked. There's also few reports of this in CM7 thread.

Same thing with AHB overclocking. My phone is stable at 748mhz with just CPU overclocked. With AHB overclocked it's stable at 729mhz. With AXI overclocked it's stable at 710mhz. And just to be sure I only OC it now to 691mhz, it's rock solid. This of course varies on individual devices.

Just found a small bug, after doing a batch cache clean in TB the status bar went blank again.

edit: Poweramp bought it back so I think a notification will fix it.

The 'blank statusbar at first boot' issue is a combination of android bug and my mistake. :P Has anyone noticed what notification is missing when you boot a gingerbread ROM for the very first time? You don't get that 'preparing sdcard' notification that you would normally have. ;)

I've used statusbar background image also as a background for the notification ticker but that is actually unnecessary. 'Blank statusbar at first boot' issue will be fixed in the next release.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

when i press or long press the volume buttons it doesn't prev. or next. songs, just brings up or down the volume. What am i missing? tongue.gif

It only works when screen is off and it only works with the stock music app (and some 3rd party music players if you leave them as foreground app when you turn off the screen).

Yes, I've opened it with apktools, and the result is this:

Opened Settings.apk (RLS 3)

There are 4 pt tables

values-pt and values-pt-nokeys are in pt_BR

values-pt-rPT and values-pt-rPT-nokeys are in pt_PT

Opened Settings.apk (RLS 5)

There are 5 pt tables

all in pt_PT (:P) even the new table values-pt-rBR

However I don't know how to compile it back and resign

It would be great if you could just attach the correct translations (all portuguese folders). I could then compile and include them in the next (final?) release. There's also some portuguese translations I changed after RLS4b in framework-res.apk.

I want the default music app to play flac files..... it used to on CM7.... why doesnt it on this rom??? any fix available??

This ROM is not CM7, this is a modified ZTE stock ROM. Android doesn't have native FLAC support until Ice Cream Sandwich (or actually Honeycomb 3.1 to be exact). Use a third party music player.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Davidoff59

This appears to be where Youtube fails. Colour added to highlight it. Does anyone have any ideas?

(278): Reached focused app: AppWindowToken{2b4ab200 token=HistoryRecord{2b42b578 com.google.android.youtube/.app.froyo.phone.WatchActivity}}

03-09 22:24:13.420 W/WindowManager(278): updateFocusedWindowLocked newFocus=null mode=0 mCurrentFocus = null

03-09 22:24:13.420 I/WindowManager(278): WIN DEATH: Window{2b481068 com.google.android.youtube/com.google.android.youtube.app.froyo.phone.WatchActivity paused=false}

03-09 22:24:13.420 W/WindowManager(278): updateFocusedWindowLocked newFocus=null mode=0 mCurrentFocus = null

03-09 22:24:13.420 I/WindowManager(278): WIN DEATH: Window{2b41ba90 com.google.android.youtube/com.google.android.youtube.app.froyo.phone.WatchActivity paused=false}

03-09 22:24:13.430 D/KeyguardViewMediator(278): setHidden false

03-09 22:24:13.430 W/WindowManager(278): Reached focused app: AppWindowToken{2b4ab200 token=HistoryRecord{2b42b578 com.google.android.youtube/.app.froyo.phone.WatchActivity}}

03-09 22:24:13.430 D/KeyguardViewMediator(278): setHidden false

03-09 22:24:13.430 W/WindowManager(278): updateFocusedWindowLocked newFocus=null mode=0 mCurrentFocus = null

03-09 22:24:13.430 I/WindowManager(278): WIN DEATH: Window{2b320070 com.google.android.youtube/com.google.android.youtube.app.froyo.phone.WatchActivity paused=false}

03-09 22:24:13.440 W/WindowManager(278): Reached focused app: AppWindowToken{2b4ab200 token=HistoryRecord{2b42b578 com.google.android.youtube/.app.froyo.phone.WatchActivity}}

03-09 22:24:13.440 E/InputDispatcher(278): Received spurious receive callback for unknown input channel. fd=279, events=0x8

03-09 22:24:13.440 E/InputDispatcher(278): Received spurious receive callback for unknown input channel. fd=282, events=0x8

03-09 22:24:13.440 E/InputDispatcher(278): Received spurious receive callback for unknown input channel. fd=285, events=0x8

03-09 22:24:13.440 E/InputDispatcher(278): channel '2b244238 com.google.android.youtube/com.google.android.youtube.app.froyo.phone.WatchActivity (server)' ~ Consumer closed input channel or an error occurred. events=0x8

03-09 22:24:13.440 E/InputDispatcher(278): channel '2b244238 com.google.android.youtube/com.google.android.youtube.app.froyo.phone.WatchActivity (server)' ~ Channel is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!

03-09 22:24:13.440 D/KeyguardViewMediator(278): setHidden false

03-09 22:24:13.440 W/WindowManager(278): updateFocusedWindowLocked newFocus=null mode=0 mCurrentFocus = null

03-09 22:24:13.440 W/WindowManager(278): updateFocusedWindowLocked newFocus=null mode=0 mCurrentFocus = null

03-09 22:24:13.440 I/WindowManager(278): WINDOW DIED Window{2b244238

Guest The Guvnor

Another great great ROM. Went from Moldovan Mile High 9 to Swedish Snow RLS4b, now this. NO problems at all. Camera is good, youtube, music. All working great.

Keep up the great work and support KonstaT, I for one really appreciate it. I know we all do. *thumbs up*

Guest KonstaT

If you need french translation i can help you :P

I'm sure that french users would appreciate that. :)

I attached the strings currently needed. I probably won't add any new features to the next release (that need something in the ROM settings). Just fix the bugs that I introduced in RLS5, but you never know. ;) There's three lists now and the ROM settings is the most important of course. Also attached a screenshot how it looks at the moment if that helps.

post-834050-0-53145200-1331386529_thumb.

strings.zip

Guest KonstaT

This appears to be where Youtube fails. Colour added to highlight it. Does anyone have any ideas?

It crashes long before that on running out of dalvik-vm, maybe some sort of memory leak. You can try increasing your dalvik vm heap size and see if it helps.

But like you said, you have this is issue on other ROMs too. That means that it's an issue with the Youtube app itself and it isn't ROM related. You should post that log to Youtube app devs.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest termagazis

konstaT i flashed the new kernel.camera does not focus.why?not with volume not with deafault button.it just take foto without focus before

Guest Android-Fan

Very nice ROM - just installed it and loving it :D

one question: I liked the Task Manager app which came with the stock build so I extracted TaskManager.apk from: OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10-update_signed.zip and put it on the SD card to install it but it just says 'application not installed' when I try installing the apk file whereas TouchPal.apk also from that zip file installed fine

any ideas?

Guest Lord_Snake

I'm sure that french users would appreciate that. :)

I attached the strings currently needed. I probably won't add any new features to the next release (that need something in the ROM settings). Just fix the bugs that I introduced in RLS5, but you never know. ;) There's three lists now and the ROM settings is the most important of course. Also attached a screenshot how it looks at the moment if that helps.

post-834050-0-53145200-1331386529_thumb.

KonstaT, I cant see that menu.

It could be because I've instaled after RSL4b without wipe?

BTW, to RLS6 could you integrate also the 3D acceleration tweak and the Beats engine? Those tweaks rocks! And of course, the new kernel (I notice that the Wifi isn't so battery hungry anymore - for sure cause its undervolted...)

I would never can't say THANK YOU KonstaT enough times that could really express how I appreciate this fantastic ROM. smile.gif

Guest Cyclothunder

I wonder too if rls6 brings beats and the new 3d tweak biggrin.gif

So wait a second. Am I missing something? Is there a newer and better kernel than the one included in rls5 tpt?

check this post.

Guest d_borghi

on my zte blade (chiaunicom) wifi doesn't work :(

once, i installed ss rls5 wifi works perfectly but "cartoon camera" didn't recognize camera.

then i tried to intalla rls5-kernel-v2: cartoon camera work peerfectly , but wifi stops work.

any suggestion?

tnx

Edited by d_borghi

Guest termagazis

konstaT i flashed the new kernel.camera does not focus.why?not with volume not with deafault button.it just take foto without focus before

sorry it works.it was my fault on settings!by the way the name of kernel didnt change.is it ok?

Guest dodyweb

Sweedish Snow RLS5 its a great rom!Its the best rom for zte blade.I tested every rom i found on the internet...and for now its the best!Everything its running how its to supposed to run, and blade its more than a android phone now!Every rom i tested had something that i didnt liked but this its perfect...its clean and solid.I recomend this rom for every blade user!

Thanks Konsta!

Great Great work!;)

Guest DarkCrono

It would be great if you could just attach the correct translations (all portuguese folders). I could then compile and include them in the next (final?) release. There's also some portuguese translations I changed after RLS4b in framework-res.apk.

Ok.

This is the package, if you do not understand something, just ask! ;)

BR.zip

Guest youngsta2010

Had a very weird reboot just now, basically it happened just after I rebooted the phone got to the lock screen then after about 2 seconds it rebooted again. I don't keep my overclock settings on boot so it wasn't that.

Guest mark5290

Hi, i am currently running Swedish Snow RLS3 and i am about to install Swedish Snow RLS5, since upgrading from Swedish Spring RLS5(2.2 Froyo) i have noticed that wi-fi tethering has become very slow, when i click on a webpage on my non android tablet ;) it is taking a lot longer for the page to download and display, so will the standard kernel in RLS5 fix this or should i install the new source kernel?.