Photo

[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

* * * * * 66 votes

2369 replies to this topic

youngsta2010

youngsta2010

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, JoyTAB, Moto G 8GB
Thanks unfortunately I already moved the dalvik via a2sd cachesd, phone seems to be ok I've been using it like that for a few days. I then did a2sd nocache and a2sd remove. Shall I just remove the script now or? Thank you for helping.

V_dur

V_dur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (OSF)
Ahoj!
I´ve got "second hand" ZTE Blade (British Orange San Francisco, my first smartphone), with Android v. 2.2, ROM Swedish Spring RLS5 (kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf).
I´m beginner in the "Android world", so I´d like to ask you about main differences between Swedish Spring RLS5 and Swedish Snow RLS4b (from the point of view of "green user"), because of my plan to upgrade...
Sorry for my "Slovak English" :-)
Thanks!
V_dur

twmnmik

twmnmik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:zte blade

hello
it's a great rom
i have one problem(the same problem i had with the blade mix 360)
after 10 days my screen started lightning for 2-3 seconds without a reason (open and close for 2-3 seconds)
any solution?

anyone?

matje103

matje103

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@matje103

Ahoj!
I´ve got "second hand" ZTE Blade (British Orange San Francisco, my first smartphone), with Android v. 2.2, ROM Swedish Spring RLS5 (kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf).
I´m beginner in the "Android world", so I´d like to ask you about main differences between Swedish Spring RLS5 and Swedish Snow RLS4b (from the point of view of "green user"), because of my plan to upgrade...
Thanks!
V_dur

is RLS5 even released?

adonwenas

adonwenas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Sorry oot..
Just another suggestion....
Can we put automatic sd/media scan on our blade like samsung does...
So everytimes after we download or transfer media it automatically scan, so we dont need to reboot phone to get media/galery/music well.... :wub:

sent from V880 using Tapatalk

Edited by adonwenas, 02 March 2012 - 04:07 AM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Thanks unfortunately I already moved the dalvik via a2sd cachesd, phone seems to be ok I've been using it like that for a few days. I then did a2sd nocache and a2sd remove. Shall I just remove the script now or? Thank you for helping.

Should be fine. Look into /system/sd, it should be empty. Then it should be ok to remove the script.

Ahoj!
Thanks!
V_dur

Well, the main difference would be that Swedish Spring is froyo (android 2.2) and Swedish Snow is gingerbread (android 2.3). There is also quite a few added features in this ROM that I've listed in the first post.

Sorry oot..
Just another suggestion....
Can we put automatic sd/media scan on our blade like samsung does...
So everytimes after we download or transfer media it automatically scan, so we dont need to reboot phone to get media/galery/music well.... :wub:

There already is automatic media scan. :o

There are apps in the market that can disable/re-enable/manually invoke media scan.

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300
Konsta could you please tell me If moving the dalvic to the sd card can cause harm. I know it puts a lot of strain on the sd card so it probably will not last as long. Also removing the sd will stop the phone form working but apart from that is there any other harm I might be doing as I have moved my dalvic to the sd card thanks j

Biohazard

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts

Konsta could you please tell me If moving the dalvic to the sd card can cause harm. I know it puts a lot of strain on the sd card so it probably will not last as long. Also removing the sd will stop the phone form working but apart from that is there any other harm I might be doing as I have moved my dalvic to the sd card thanks j

In addition to that it will slow down your phone. SD cards are significantly slower than internal NAND and dalvik cache is regularly accessed when you use your phone.

If you're not really running out of space, it is not recommended to move dalvik cache into sdcard.

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300
Thanks for that

Biohazard

jeffers_y1k

jeffers_y1k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Hi, I have noticed that emails get displayed by sent date and time order and that if there is no date/time then 1/1/70 is used.
These mails then end up at the bottom of the inbox and can be missed.
Is there anyway to get the email app to sort by received date/time not sent date/time?

youngsta2010

youngsta2010

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been asked before but, is there a way to add other codecs to the ROM such as the Xvid codec? I had an LG Viewty a while ago (I know :rolleyes: it had a lovely resistive touchscreen and everything ;)) that could play Divx and Xvid. IMO the software decoders don't work very well at all lots of lag and goes out of sync often, the few MP4's I have play flawlessly on the stock video player. Just a thought would be nice if it could play avi natively.

Edited by youngsta2010, 02 March 2012 - 09:48 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts

Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been asked before but, is there a way to add other codecs to the ROM such as the Xvid codex? I had an LG Viewty a while ago (I know :rolleyes: it had a lovely resistive touchscreen and everything ;)) that could play Divx and Xvid. IMO the software decoders don't work very well at all lots of lag and goes out of sync often, the few MP4's I have play flawlessly on the stock video player. Just a thought would be nice if it could play avi natively.

I think that DivX/Xvid would need harware that supports encoding.

It is possible to add some codecs as CyanogenMod7 has added FLAC support (can't find the commit atm). However it isn't possible to add any codecs to this ROM as we don't have source code for it.

youngsta2010

youngsta2010

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Ah well it was worth a shot, thanks anyway. I'll just have to live with s/w decoding. :)

youngsta2010

youngsta2010

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
KonstaT can you tell me exactly what files to delete to remove a2sd please? There is a few files in /system/bin as well. Shall I just delete all files in the dta2sd downloaded zip? Also is 99complete part of it as that is in the flashable zip as well? Cheers for helping me on this.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts

KonstaT can you tell me exactly what files to delete to remove a2sd please? There is a few files in /system/bin as well. Shall I just delete all files in the dta2sd downloaded zip? Also is 99complete part of it as that is in the flashable zip as well? Cheers for helping me on this.

Why do you need to delete them? Just remove the file from /system/etc/init.d/ and it stops dta2sd from running. Don't remove the 99complete or booting will hang at point of running scripts in init.d.

There are quite a few a2sd releted files in /system/bin. Can't be bothered to look them through and spoil all the fun from you. :P Most of them have dta2sd/a2sd in their file name. There are also few lines in updater-script.

youngsta2010

youngsta2010

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Ha, thanks man! I guess I will just delete them and see, I have my nandroid to fall back on anyway. I just want to delete them for my own peace of mind, call it paranoia. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Hi KonstaT, Would you mind sharing how to increase the delay three times longer for long press on back key to kill apps? I think the default setting in CM7 is too tight for me.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts

Hi KonstaT, Would you mind sharing how to increase the delay three times longer for long press on back key to kill apps? I think the default setting in CM7 is too tight for me.

With CM7 it's easiest of course to do it by modifying the source code. Look here at line 1374.

Change
mHandler.postDelayed(mBackLongPress, ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout());
to
mHandler.postDelayed(mBackLongPress, ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout() * 3);

You can also use any delay in milliseconds instead of ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout().

Edited by KonstaT, 03 March 2012 - 09:53 PM.

xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

With CM7 it's easiest of course to do it by modifying the source code. Look here at line 1374.

Change

mHandler.postDelayed(mBackLongPress, ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout());
to
mHandler.postDelayed(mBackLongPress, ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout() * 3);

You can also use any delay in milliseconds instead of ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout().

Thank you very much for the prompt reply

adrianomm

adrianomm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

There is a trick.

Every time you reboot, the srceen can become responsive or not, It's random. If it do not response, take of your battery, put it back, enter recovery and Wipe Dalvik's cache. Reboot, and it will work.

I tried that, but did not work. If I use the standard kernel of RLS4b my touchscreen does not work. I used the kernel Konsta suggested (burstlam's) and it did work, although it appears to me a little slower than the stock kernel, even with overclock.

Thanks anyway...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users