Photo

[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

* * * * * 66 votes

• Please log in to reply
2369 replies to this topic

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

I have the same and i know it's high. i reinstalled all my phone again and used TPT with no luck.
beside i still have a problem that some apps still runing even when i terminate it. Market always on and google maps runing in background. i force my self to uninstall maps to get rid of the service in the back ground. Phone calls get the battery down quick on my phone & I feel that apps dosen't close as it should. i'm sure there is somthing wrong with my phone but i can't figure it out.

Don't use task killers! Processes like market and maps are supposed to be running on the background. If you kill them, they'll only restart moments later. This will lead into vicious cycle of apps being killed and restarted all over again.

I seem to be experiencing abnormal behavior while using google maps. I am not sure if this is a bug in a newer version.

Basically my google maps sort of gets unresponsive when loading the map image or when GPS searching. The app does recover in a few seconds but during this time I am hesitant to touch the screen and move around because I fear it might get stuck.

The maps on my earlier Ginger Stir-Fry B21 was very smooth and never at any point got stuck. Is this the way the new gmaps is supposed to behave, or is there something wrong? Can anyone comment?

In my experience the two latest maps versions (6.1.0 and 6.1.1) have been quite buggy. Some issues with latitude sign-up and I haven't (and won't) icluded them in this ROM. Try unistalling updates for market and you should have maps 6.0.3 that's included in this ROM.

kadettgte

kadettgte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Hi all, this is probably my first post.

I've been using KonstaT ROM's for quite a while now, and here's a small contribution.

For all of you Sip users who have issues because your carriers use special chars (like +351....) "notice the +" and can't login to your sip servers.

This is because android has a bug parsing the username bla bla bla and stuff.

Here i post a patched framework.jar, the only modified files were SipHelper and SipPhone.

The process was something like build the fixed framework from AOSP, smali this rom's framework, and replace those files with mine, and then repack it.

I tested it a couple of times with no issues.

http://devil.dynip.s...s/framework.jar

Best Regards.
:D

(Sorry for bad english)

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Hi all, this is probably my first post.

I've been using KonstaT ROM's for quite a while now, and here's a small contribution.

For all of you Sip users who have issues because your carriers use special chars (like +351....) "notice the +" and can't login to your sip servers.

This is because android has a bug parsing the username bla bla bla and stuff.

Here i post a patched framework.jar, the only modified files were SipHelper and SipPhone.

The process was something like build the fixed framework from AOSP, smali this rom's framework, and replace those files with mine, and then repack it.

I tested it a couple of times with no issues.

http://devil.dynip.s...s/framework.jar

Best Regards.
:D

(Sorry for bad english)

Thanks. :) I'm just uploading RLS2 and guess what, I've changed framework.jar. :( There's stuff that's needed for the RTL support. Also MVNO add-on changes framework.jar. If you don't need RTL or MVNO, it still should be ok to use this file.

If you can PM me the changes, it can be included in the next release. You'll be credited of course. :)

Edited by KonstaT, 24 January 2012 - 12:28 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Updated to RLS2. Few new add-ons, couple of old ones just renamed. Added TPT installation method, see the first post for instructions. Changelog in the second post.

Swedish-Snow-RLS2.zip
http://www.mediafire...8yghvb7w6h4mk7h (mirror)
MD5:5A4BB603028AA25B9C493BB4A148319A

Swedish-Snow-RLS2-TPT.zip (see the first post for installation instructions)
http://www.mediafire...d54r774wlj61y71
MD5:DEC749AB72E8E5FBED5111FE46F92173

Add-ons:
-SS-RLS2-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip (stock kernel with wifi driver)
http://www.mediafire...p55u05a5s52fo7z
MD5:376059C68A5634E3D2C7D5C588314C30

-SS-RLS2-MVNO.zip (Framework patch to support MVNOs (mobile virtual network operators). Generic RILs from 4G4G_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B25. This equals ticking 'national roaming' box in CM7. I'm not held responsible for any roaming charges. More info and thanks to leromarinvit)
http://www.mediafire...sj6sk643kcpmyn0
MD5:A5C3D28D11A3991BB725620E3A39A4AE

-SS-Toggle2G.zip
http://www.mediafire...wwhfwdhypqfipk4
MD5:C689F86A65A5D286319C8B8363A04ACD

RLS2 changelog:
-added full support for RTL languages (thanks to Madmack)
-ROM settings translated to lithuanian (thanks to Maxsas360)
-ROM settings translated to russian (thanks to Anekc and Maxsas360)
-ROM settings translated to brazilian/portuguese (thanks to DarkCrono)
-ROM settings translated to hungarian (thanks to xside)
-ROM settings translated to finnish
-updated CM7 T9 dialer/contacts (more translations)
-updated CM7 keyboard (Nederlands (België) AZERTY layout included)
-added dutch, hungarian, norwegian and croatian dictionaries to the keyboard
-added support for bootsound (place the sound you want to play during boot to /system/media/audio/ui/bootsound.mp3)
-updated No-Frills CPU Control
-zipaligned

Edited by KonstaT, 24 January 2012 - 12:42 PM.

marcosinus

marcosinus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G510-0100
Thanks a lot KonstaT !!!!

JTK-Power

JTK-Power

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade - ColdFusion ICS CM9
Terve KonstaT! =)

Just for fun i wanted to test bootsound, but how can i copy file to ui folder? i place a soundfile on sdcard then i go in filemanager and copy that soundfile and try to paste in system/media/audio, but i cant paste it there,, it says "cant paste in systemfile" or somthing like that! and the ui folder i cant see when i have a copy file. but if i go in to that folder whitout any copyied file i can se all files and folders.

if u need to know any more i upgraded from SS RLS1 to SS RLS 2, with only wipe cache and dalvik.. not data. if its necessary to know =)

Best regards

Edited by JTK-Power, 24 January 2012 - 01:08 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Terve KonstaT! =)

Just for fun i wanted to test bootsound, but how can i copy file to ui folder? i place a soundfile on sdcard then i go in filemanager and copy that soundfile and try to paste in system/media/audio, but i cant paste it there,, it says "cant paste in systemfile" or somthing like that! and the ui folder i cant see when i have a copy file. but if i go in to that folder whitout any copyied file i can se all files and folders.

if u need to know any more i upgraded from SS RLS1 to SS RLS 2, with only wipe cache and dalvik.. not data. if its necessary to know =)

Best regards

You can add it into the ROM zip before flashing using some zip tool.

You can also use some advanced file manager e.g. Root Explorer.

Or in terminal
su
sysrw
cp /sdcard/yoursoundfilename.mp3 /system/media/audio/ui/bootsound.mp3
sysro
if the file was in the root of your sdcard. Also remember that filenames are case sensitive.

Edited by KonstaT, 24 January 2012 - 02:48 PM.

mickr

mickr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi KonstaT !!!!

Can you tell me, do you have to install the stock kernal addon after the rom.

With thanks

Mickr

sm4tik

sm4tik

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Devices:Blade

Hi KonstaT !!!!

With thanks

Mickr

Yes, that's correct. First flash the rom and then the kernel right after.

Edited by sm4tik, 24 January 2012 - 07:49 PM.

mickr

mickr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Thanks for that

Mickr

Yes, that's correct. First flash the rom and then the kernel right after.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Hi KonstaT !!!!

With thanks

Mickr

Stock kernel add-on is mainly for people who have harware issues with e.g. camera. If everything is working ok, there is absolutely no reason to install the stock kernel. Stock kernel doesn't have overclock support, undervolting, etc.

All add-ons are always installed after installing the ROM.

El Pablo

El Pablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi KonstaT. I've been using Moldovan for a few months now, and get great battery life with the undervolt kernel and the SavagedZen governor. Looking at CPU Spy, SavagedZen does a really good job of spreading the load over the lower, undervolted frequencies, rather than simply ramping from min to max at a slightly different rate. I recommend others try it at as well, although your mileage may vary.

With this in mind, I have a request, not that I have any right to make one. I notice on WBAW's github that he's updated the kernel to include two additional lower frequencies, 200 and 400 mhz. Would you consider including it in a future release of Swedish Snow? With the additional choice of low/undervolted frequencies, I would hope/expect to get even better battery life, although it might be marginal.

I appreciate I'm probably an edge case, and as i say, I have no real right to ask, but thought I though I'd throw it out for consideration. I'll end up using Moldovan or Swedish Snow regardless.

Great work, great ROMs.

Thanks,

Paul.

Edited by El Pablo, 24 January 2012 - 08:44 PM.

Only one

Only one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Is there going to be polish dictionary for the keyboard in the future?

mon3em

mon3em

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Most thing i like about this rom that it made us know a patient and polite person like you KonstaT.

Thanks bro for you great work.

P_CAB

P_CAB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Gallant/ZTE Libra
Hy.
Thanks for this awesome ROM KonstaT. :D
Anyone can tell me where is the bootanimation.zip?

Thanks.

Jb17

Jb17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
I started using this ROM last week and upgraded to RLS2 last night .... everything seems to be OK. Thanks for this ROM!

Maybe I'm being picky but one thing I would like to see is the release number added to the text in the Settings->About device->Build number (a bit like kallt_kaffe did on his Swedish Spring Froyo ROM ages ago). At the moment I can't tell which RLS version I'm using (or I don't see it mentioned anywhere).

Thanks

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

Most thing i like about this rom that it made us know a patient and polite person like you KonstaT.

Thanks bro for you great work.

+1

It is a pleasure. Thanks from me too

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

I started using this ROM last week and upgraded to RLS2 last night .... everything seems to be OK. Thanks for this ROM!

Maybe I'm being picky but one thing I would like to see is the release number added to the text in the Settings->About device->Build number (a bit like kallt_kaffe did on his Swedish Spring Froyo ROM ages ago). At the moment I can't tell which RLS version I'm using (or I don't see it mentioned anywhere).

Thanks

Yeah, I noticed this too, but if you use a file manager like Astro, and browse to your SDcard folder, you can see all the ROM's that are on your card. So, as long as you are always running the newest version, you'll then know which RLS you are on. Personally, I only keep two ROM's at any given time. The one I'm using and the one I upgraded from (in case the new one goes hay wire) Hope that helps.

shornik

shornik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
CM7 Dialer

Attached Files

Only one

Only one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I've got FC when trying to link two contacts together in stock app (not ZTE contacts). Anyone had such problem before?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users