[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest jonmac73

wonder if someone can help ..........

Have re-flashed RLS7 and battery life seems better.

Wi-Fi - have tried all different kernels now and each does similar. It remembers my wireless network but regularly does not connect, or drops oof connection and does not come back for ages, sometimes at all. Wireless settings says 'scanning for network' 'connecting to network' 'disconnected' & underneath it has my AP's remebered with decent signal ????

Have even tried an old Linksys as welll as Netgear as found web links saying blade did not link my netgear router.

Have also installed 'blade wifi fix' from market - seems to help but still can't get wifi stay connected all the time, so I can get mail all the time at home.

Please help if you can. Thanks.

Guest shanky887614

wonder if someone can help ..........

Have re-flashed RLS7 and battery life seems better.

Wi-Fi - have tried all different kernels now and each does similar. It remembers my wireless network but regularly does not connect, or drops oof connection and does not come back for ages, sometimes at all. Wireless settings says 'scanning for network' 'connecting to network' 'disconnected' & underneath it has my AP's remebered with decent signal ????

Have even tried an old Linksys as welll as Netgear as found web links saying blade did not link my netgear router.

Have also installed 'blade wifi fix' from market - seems to help but still can't get wifi stay connected all the time, so I can get mail all the time at home.

Please help if you can. Thanks.

go to wifi on phone

press menu butten

then advanced settings

it will turn off because you have wifi sleep policy on

Guest bladebuddy

Try turning you're router off then back on as this has worked for me in the past, also stating what version of the blade you have might help diagnosis any problems, finally if there was any problems with this rom,s connection to wifi it most definitely would of been mentioned many many times.

Guest jonmac73

will try reboot router later.

Have advanced setting to NEVER already.

Problem is Wi-Fi sits there saying "Scanning, Connecting, Disconnected" all the time even though it has my SSID remembered below with good signal strength.

The MHMP Kernel in first post seems to be a bit better, but it still doesn't reconnect all the time.

Any ideas ?

Guest Nukage

Thanks, I am very happy with all SS so far, especially RLS7. Wondering what is max safe overclock one could expect with this rom, I am at running stable at 691MHz at the moment, should I try push it further?

Not sure is oc'ing also rom dependant :wacko: or just the lucky cpu's.

Edited by Nukage

Guest jiminorris

Try turning you're router off then back on as this has worked for me in the past

This works for me, too. In fact, I have to do it with my wife's laptop too! It doesn't seem to be a SS issue, as I've had this problem on all ROMs.

Guest Shahmatt

Auto-brightness needs to be disabled for this to work. Just slide your finger left or right on closed status bar (before you've opened it).

Hi KonstaT. I seem to be facing the same problem but your solution does not seem to solve the issue.

I have disabled Auto Brightness.

Is there a difference if the Centre Clock mod is installed?

Guest Shahmatt

On a totally different note:

I've been a follower of your ROMs since Moldovan and I think they are no-nonsense, feature rich and stable. So I guess I'm a fan.

I read a few pages back on this thread that you may be working on an ICS ROM for the Blade. Are you able to confirm this?

The reason I ask is because I've been considering upgrading my phone, and may opt for a Huawei G300 in a couple of weeks. I know that some custom ROMs are available for the Huawei - including the most excellent Atomic, which I've tried with the Skate.

I was also wondering if you had any plans to begin development on another phone, and if so which phone would that be?

No pressure btw! I'm not saying that I'll be following your ROMs to any phone. But your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Guest Spongey

Hi all.

I have an Orange San Francisco OLED which I have owned from new (Oct 10).

I have installed Swedish Snow RLS7 as per the TPT method. Mostly everything i would normally use my device for is working aswell or has improved over my previous ROM Swedish Spring RLS5 especially overall speed and battery life. My problem is that i cannot seem to stream video from m.tvcatchup using the default android video player. the player animates and shows "loading video" then after a while a message "cannot play video" is displayed. I have tried bsplayer which starts to stream but crashes in landscape. streaming video from touch.dailymotion.com with the default android video player is fine. Has anyone else had a similar problem, advise on a new (rtsp?) videoplayer or know how to fix this problem? Thanx.

Guest bladebuddy

Try using mx video player and download codex for it also try installing adobe flash player 11. Something, just search on here or xda its the one with online flash settings and for arm6 it should help, works for BBC I player.

Guest Spongey

Hi Bladebuddy.

I have already installed 10.3 for arm6, which works great with this rom for BBC iplayer, albeit for the odd crash. But i will give flash 11 a go if I can get m.tvcatchup.com to work, otherwise its back to the old rom. I don't think this is an issue tho, as m.tvcatchup does not use flash but an android video playing app via rtsp. I have just tried MXPlayer it worked but took a very long time to show the stream and was a low quality picture compared to the native android video player on my old rom. I also tried moboplayer but it didn't work either.

Guest bladebuddy

No problem I hope you can get it sorted without changing roms as this is one of the best gb roms about, it sounds more like a codex problem rather then flash

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest daniel3ub

Hi KonstaT. I seem to be facing the same problem but your solution does not seem to solve the issue.

I didn't install any mod, and as soon as I touch the status bar, it shows the date and starts to open. :(

Guest KonstaT

I didn't install any mod, and as soon as I touch the status bar, it shows the date and starts to open.

lol, maybe someone needs to make a video tutorial or something. It really can't be that difficult. :P

It works just fine with all of the add-ons, softkeys enabled or not. Disable auto-brightness, touch at the center of the status bar, slowly move your finger left or right.

Guest VuckoKS

I have problem with blutooth, it doesn't work, when I try to contact with macbook, I get message "paired but not connected". My phone is zte base from Germany and I installed ss7 with full wiping. Any suggestions

Guest Shahmatt

lol, maybe someone needs to make a video tutorial or something. It really can't be that difficult.

It works just fine with all of the add-ons, softkeys enabled or not. Disable auto-brightness, touch at the center of the status bar, slowly move your finger left or right.

The underlined words solved my problem. It may be worthwhile putting this on to the front page.

The brightness control seems a little iffy. But I guess it's better than nothing. Many thanks!

Edited by Shahmatt

Guest orangev880

Hi KonstaT Thank the production of this rom I really like the desktop, how to modify the three I do not like the other starter, I only like Rsl7

Guest guelas

Hey there, im relatively new with the ZTE Blade, i come from an Xperia X8. I have some doubts that i hope you can help me with.

First: I installed Mr pigfish and it told me i have a Gen2 Phone.But, im dealing with the problem of insuficient space everytime i try to install a "bigger" app. On partition info i have 220mb system, 162 data and 37,50 cache. I have 2,73gb fat and 1gb ext on sd card too.

Can this be changed/repartitioned? I saw the tpt method for gen 1 phones but as i understand i can't use it to my phone right?

Another thing that i checked, sometimes i have 1 or 2 small dots on screen shining, like a dead pixel (but alive), is this normal? Or should i consider replace the phone?

Thanks in advance

Guest bibobore

Hi,guys.Can some one tell me please how to make viber sound come from earpiece.I have read that i need to start radio but don't know how.Please explain the steps to me.

Guest ZetteeBlade

KonstaT, can you check my message on Saunalahti Palsta? I really need help with my ZTE Blade :S

My username there is ETZ.

Edit: Thanks for the answer KonstaT!

Edited by ZetteeBlade

Guest bladebuddy

Just a little thank-you for the shrooms screen saver on your 880E thread, didn't want to post it there as it looks like important things I no nothing about are going on there, Cheers:D

Guest iShubham

Hello,

This is great ROM ,thanks to KonstaT!

can any1 help me,S2E does not work in this? (the app that moves data,dalvik cache,and some other things to SD-EXT)

I am new to android,so dont know what this things are...can any1 tell me if there is alternative to the S2E app?

Edit : i just saw that S2E app is for CM7 or CM9 only.

Can any1 give me similar,and very simple app like this which will work on SS?

Edited by iShubham