Photo

[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

* * * * * 66 votes

2360 replies to this topic

DarkCrono

DarkCrono

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Now about the SD cache: what's the recommended size to the SD cache? Will it increase performance or something?

I have a 256Mb model. Should I wipe everything, partition the SD Card, then reinstall the ROM from scratch or it will suffice to backup everything, partition the SD Card and then restore?

Thanks!

Are you referring to read ahead? Default is 1024, if I'm not wrong, I've changed it to 128 on my Chinese v880 and noticed faster loadings in gallery, but you need to try it yourself. Just change it and reboot.

daniel3ub

daniel3ub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Chinese ZTE V-880

Are you referring to read ahead? Default is 1024, if I'm not wrong, I've changed it to 128 on my Chinese v880 and noticed faster loadings in gallery, but you need to try it yourself. Just change it and reboot.

Thanks for your answer, DarkCrono.

Never heard of this "read-ahead". I was talking about the cache in the SD card that somebody was commenting some days ago, made with the option to partition the SD card in the Recovery tool.

Do you know something about it?

Thanks!

oba

oba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 U8815

Wifi will auto disable if its set. Check under wifi advanced setting. For more battery disable unnecessary settings like haptic feedback and touch sounds. The attached screenshots are from cm 7.2 with my own kernel but should be similar in SS.

Thanks for the tip. The wifi sleep policy settings was on "never". Wow, that was the problem... Thank you again :)

daniel3ub

daniel3ub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
EDIT: Using the "Partition SD Card" in the Recovery Tool, I select 2048Mb (my SD Card size) for the EXT Size, and 256Mb for the CACHE Size.
- Done.

After reboot, the system tells me that the SD Card may be damaged, and I may want to format it.

I formated it from within android, and then returned to CWM Recovery to restore the backup.

The restore failed because there is no sd-ext partition.

Manually rebooted just to discover a brand new clean phone without even the dialer (This aplication is not installed in your phone).

Where am I getting wrong here?

Thanks for the help! :)

Edited by daniel3ub, 29 May 2012 - 05:25 PM.

Ro-man

Ro-man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, X10 Mini, LG P970

I have this weird proximity issue...

My phone just refuses to calibrate the sensor, never had any issues with it, until, about 4 or 5 months ago I sent the phone for a warranty digitizer replacement. As I own a Libra and there aren't any screen protectors available for it so decided to leave the stock one that came with the new digitizer (no hole for the sensors). Just yesterday, I decided to tear it off and calibrate the sensor... it fails every single time! I even tried to reboot/wipe/reinstall and flash optional kernels... Also I've been swapping roms recently and decided to settle for this one, but during this time the calibration hasn't been used any time at all.

... help please?

EDIT: I obviously tried calibrating it through the option provided by this ROM, plus the official ZTE calibrator available in Google Play.

Hi,
Let the phone to test itself with Emode Helper or by codes if you have ZTE Dealer. Hope it's help to expose any problems with your screen and phone.
Good luck.
P.S. As well try to calibrate in semi-dark - on the sun my sensor fails to calibrate to.

Attached Files

DarkCrono

DarkCrono

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

EDIT: Using the "Partition SD Card" in the Recovery Tool, I select 2048Mb (my SD Card size) for the EXT Size, and 256Mb for the CACHE Size.
- Done.

After reboot, the system tells me that the SD Card may be damaged, and I may want to format it.

I formated it from within android, and then returned to CWM Recovery to restore the backup.

The restore failed because there is no sd-ext partition.

Manually rebooted just to discover a brand new clean phone without even the dialer (This aplication is not installed in your phone).

Where am I getting wrong here?

Thanks for the help! :)

Course, if you choose to partition your SD card to the maximum size of it, this will take all the size. Choose first 256MB (or even 128) to ext size than 256MB to swap. so this way you grant 1GB to FAT.

oba

oba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Course, if you choose to partition your SD card to the maximum size of it, this will take all the size. Choose first 256MB (or even 128) to ext size than 256MB to swap. so this way you grant 1GB to FAT.

I have the stock 2 GB sd card. Should I create an ext partition? Will it make a difference, will the system be faster? If so, can you give me a tutorial (link or sg like that) how to do that?

daniel3ub

daniel3ub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Dumb of me, of course! Thanks a lot!

DarkCrono

DarkCrono

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

I have the stock 2 GB sd card. Should I create an ext partition? Will it make a difference, will the system be faster? If so, can you give me a tutorial (link or sg like that) how to do that?

This will create more space if your data partition is becoming full. No speed gain, unless you have a 256 MB Ram phone and create a Swap partition...

oba

oba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

This will create more space if your data partition is becoming full. No speed gain, unless you have a 256 MB Ram phone and create a Swap partition...

Oh, I see... thanks for the info. I have a 512 mb ram phone and I don't use so much apps (and I move them to the sd card, so the data partition has a lot of free space).

BGRT

BGRT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade | Huawei G300

Have you set wifi sleep policy to never? Settings -> Wireless -> Wifi -> MENU -> Advanced -> Wifi sleep policy -> Never.

There's also different kernels with different wifi drivers in the first post. I remember testing this and couldn't reproduce it on my device.

Wifi tether problem solved for me. I eventually got round to install this kernel -SS-RLS7-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip and its solved my problem.

spinozagr

spinozagr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

From the time I installed this ROM, I can't connect my Blade with my PC via USB. Before that ROM I had no problem
I had already drivers installed in my win7 and I am using the same (ZTE Smartphone Driver 1.2066.1.3).
When I press "Turn on USB storage", looks like tries to connect but nothing.

I still have this problem. I have tried all possible drivers. It is so weird.
Any suggestion?

DarkCrono

DarkCrono

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

I still have this problem. I have tried all possible drivers. It is so weird.
Any suggestion?

Tried it with other sdcard?

jellgool

jellgool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:ZTE San Francisco
Where can I find the kernel tuomas@dreamy#6 in a zip file please!

thanks in advance

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III

Where can I find the kernel tuomas@dreamy#6 in a zip file please!

thanks in advance

Swedish-Snow-RLS7.zip ;)

Just re-flash the ROM (no need to wipe anything).

XPbIM3

XPbIM3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE blade
Moved from ZTE Blade to U8800Pro.
Oh dear...how do i miss that Swedish Snow ROM =(
Any chance to port?

DarkCrono

DarkCrono

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Swedish-Snow-RLS7.zip ;)

Maybe he wants just the kernel to flash on another rom.

oba

oba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
@KonstaT:

Are you planning to make further releases of this great rom? Maybe a 2.3.7 or a 4.x android version Swedish Snow? :)
Because I tried _every_ rom, but this is the best, I always returned to this, and I am not planning to switch to another rom, unless you make Swedish Snow RLS8 or something :D

jellgool

jellgool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Maybe he wants just the kernel to flash on another rom.

I'm just looking for a Kernel without a lot of battery drain... Can't find a real good one in fact. :)

jellgool

jellgool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Swedish-Snow-RLS7.zip ;)

Is there really no link to the kernel in specific? :)

Or can I just go into recovery in install from zip without losing anything?

Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users