HOW TO improve the battery life on your INQ cloud touch

Guest HUMAN123

Guest HUMAN123

This phone is getting a lot of needless bashing for battery life performance, out of the box it is terrible, but this is because ALL the apps are set to automatic update, and background syncing. As the cloud touch is a fully integrated social media phone facebooking out of its mind 24/7, its constantly online, and this naturally drains the battery life down to china town, but a 2 minute fix and completely changes the battery life.

First of all open the market and go to "my apps" by hitting the options key, then go through each app and make sure "Allow automatic updating" is not checked. You can still update them manually. Then go to device settings, then to accounts & sync settings, and uncheck "background data" and "auto-sync" This will make a dramatic improvement to the battery life. I have also set the display brightness to automatic, which works very well. I did all of these steps at first and have now turned "background data" and "auto-sync" back on, and the battery life is just like any other android phone (around a day with full use, and 2 days tops, it is after-all, a smart phone! if you are not surrounded by charging points 24/7 then what the hell are you doing! get a 3310, this is 2012! I've been using smart phones since 2003, and I have charging points instead of nipples!)

I wanted to post this so that more advanced users might be able to bring more ideas to the table. I'd like to see what could be achieved using rooting and modifying the CPU activity. I think this is a device well worth development, its responsive, has a good sized display, and is priced very competitively. Its a really nice looking and feeling thing and has identical dimensions to the 3GS meaning alot of those cases and sleeves fit like a glove! I think its one of the nicest looking android devices that has ever been made on this planet we call earth, but then I am biased as I own one. But if your into using your rooted and modded android phone to pull chicks this is definitely a winner!

------------------------

for my website full of design work, visit here...

style=color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">for my facebook page full of shite artwork, visit here... http://www.facebook.com/iamcallumdesign<br style=color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">for a video of me chatting s*** about a futuristic electric motorcycle wot i made up visit here... http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kLeoIxSLN9k