CWM Recovery and Rom Manager

Guest Thomas J Marshall

Guest Thomas J Marshall

I recently unlocked my Orange San Francisco II using Bouncer5's crescent rom. I installed CWM recovery afterwards and then Rom Manager. When I try to use Rom Manager it says I must have CWM recovery installed before continuing. I'm guessing it doesn't recognise the install, what can I do?

Thanks.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

There's nothing you can do, the versions of cwm we have on this forum are custom, i.e. the original cwm author didn't make them so he doesn't suport them, or this phone. The only thing you can do is, like the rest of us, contact the author and ask when these phones will be supported, the more requests he gets, the sooner he'll support it.

His name is Koushik Dutta and here is his twitter

He has said that he's updated cwm on his google+ page yesterday...

This is a fairly minor update, but one I am pretty happy about:

More Support: Developers are porting recoveries to devices faster than I can add support! I've been getting a lot of requests about "can you add support for X into ROM Manager?"

I've fixed this by enabling generic/unsupported devices so they are able to use ROM Manager. However, ROMs may not show up in the list of downloads for unsupported devices, and you will need to have flashed ClockworkMod recovery manually.

Less Ads: I found the startup and registration ad shown when ROM Manager was opened was causing the load time on ROM Manager to be excessively slow. If it was annoying me, I'm sure it was annoying users. I also feel that signup ads and full screen ads cheapened the ROM Manager experience.

So, I just removed that particular ad network altogether. That ad network was generating around ~$1000+ a month in revenue, around ~$15000 a year. So, I hope you crackflashers appreciate it :)

If you are a ROM Developer and you haven't listed your ROM in ROM Manager, you really should! It's super easy to sign up and host ROMs on the free ROM Developer portal:

http://developer.clockworkmod.com

[Source]

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Thomas J Marshall

There's nothing you can do, the versions of cwm we have on this forum are custom, i.e. the original cwm author didn't make them so he doesn't suport them, or this phone.

So could I remove the current CWM and use one on the Rom Manager? Or does it not work like that?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

No, as I said, the official release does not support our phone, i.e. it won't be in the list of phone when it asks you to choose yours, so you can't choose it. Just stick with the one you have just now, cos it will do anything the official one will. Rom Manager will still let you reboot into the custom version of CWM so you're good to go.

Guest Thomas J Marshall

No, as I said, the official release does not support our phone, i.e. it won't be in the list of phone when it asks you to choose yours, so you can't choose it. Just stick with the one you have just now, cos it will do anything the official one will. Rom Manager will still let you reboot into the custom version of CWM so you're good to go.

Ah yes, I see thanks. It's handy to boot into recovery from Rom manager, I was hoping to use it to flash roms when i want but, ah well! :rolleyes:

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Ah yes, I see thanks. It's handy to boot into recovery from Rom manager, I was hoping to use it to flash roms when i want but, ah well! :rolleyes:

You can flash roms, if you've installed the CWM properly (for which there's tons of tutorials on this forum). Just power the phone down, then power it back up while holding down the vol down button