[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Guest twrock

Only drawback is that keypad lights will not work, as no compat patch for lights is in that kernel.

Thanks. It is working well for me in the Styx rom (after replacing ramdisk).

Is the compat patch for lights something you can put back in so that in roms other than UM840 we can have lights?

(My question probably shows my ignorance of what it takes to do what you do.) :huh:

Yes, I have the same trouble with this rom. I can't play any videos that I take. Some times the camera/videorecorder app doesn't work or crashes after a short time.

If i change the video record quality from high to low i do not have this problem, i can play my recorded videos without any problem, i have done some tests and until now it's ok.

I tried the solution of desalesouche "the only thing i could find is:in build.ro you write 30000000 instead 10000000 and you can make video hq with camera

in ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=10000000 you put instead 30000000 " but for me it didn't work, the camera crashe at high quality.

twrock, i hope some day we will have a CM7 rom version from you with some of your magic rolleyes.gif I think it will have to be this year, since next year you will probably change to another phone, i think i read it somewhere sad.gif (i hope not). Just kidding, you deserve for example an htc one x for free.

Guest twrock

twrock, i hope some day we will have a CM7 rom version from you with some of your magic rolleyes.gif

I already built it! ;) I called it "Onyx", and I tested it for two days. But I never released it because I had so much trouble with the camera. It's hard to try to support too many different roms, especially the ones I'm not using myself. I keep trying to update to Pier's CM7, but the problems I have are frustrating.

BTW, the things I do really are very simple. I believe a lot of people around here could do what I do without much effort.

I think it will have to be this year, since next year you will probably change to another phone, i think i read it somewhere :( (i hope not). Just kidding, you deserve for example an htc one x for free.

HTC One X!!!!!!! B) Yes, it looks awesome. I'd even settle happily for the One V. I plan to have a new phone by January 2013. That is still a long way off. (sigh):(

Guest desalesouche

I already built it! ;) I called it "Onyx", and I tested it for two days. But I never released it because I had so much trouble with the camera. It's hard to try to support too many different roms, especially the ones I'm not using myself. I keep trying to update to Pier's CM7, but the problems I have are frustrating.

BTW, the things I do really are very simple. I believe a lot of people around here could do what I do without much effort.

HTC One X!!!!!!! B) Yes, it looks awesome. I'd even settle happily for the One V. I plan to have a new phone by January 2013. That is still a long way off. (sigh):(

hi.can you upload Onyx ; please...i don't have a lot of time for the forum actually as i have quite a lot to do but i would be interested to see that rom...

about phone i am planning to get huawei ascend d quad xl (i don't know which name that phone has in your country) it seems terrible...:)

Guest twrock

hi.can you upload Onyx ; please...i don't have a lot of time for the forum actually as i have quite a lot to do but i would be interested to see that rom...

about phone i am planning to get huawei ascend d quad xl (i don't know which name that phone has in your country) it seems terrible...:)

Ok, because you asked so nicely. ;)

Onyx rom thread

(you should be able to flash DT Apps2SD immediately after if you wish and if you have the space)

Before repacking it tonight, I reverted to ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=10000000 per jafp's suggestion. (So maybe that solved the camera problems I was having? I have not tested this.)

After making a few other update changes, I zipped it up. But I have not installed this latest build. Unless I am highly motivated, I don't intend to try to solve a lot of problems with this rom, so you are on your own, at least until I have more time. (But if everything is perfectly from the start, I'd like to hear about that.) :rolleyes:

Modifications (but not in too much detail):

modified install script

modified build.prop (note: JIT is off by default)

removed some sound files and bootanimation (to increase space)

removed some apps (to increase space and get rid of things I don't use ever)

added some gapps (only the "basics")

updated stock apps (if I noticed they were outdated)

added: Quickpic, GScriptLite, AndExplorer, Touchpal (apps I prefer; also GScriptLite is for camera switching hack)

added dr.flo's libhardware_legacy.so mod to allow for MAC Address fix

added fallback font

added a modfied camswitch script (originally by dr.flo)

modified default wallpaper

modified boot.img (default speed 528, 200000 sampling_rate, swappiness 30)

Edited by twrock

Guest desalesouche

Ok, because you asked so nicely. ;)

Onyx-20120413a.zip

(you should be able to flash DT Apps2SD immediately after if you wish and if you have the space)

Before repacking it tonight, I reverted to ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=10000000 per jafp's suggestion. (So maybe that solved the camera problems I was having? I have not tested this.)

After making a few other update changes, I zipped it up. But I have not installed this latest build. Unless I am highly motivated, I don't intend to try to solve a lot of problems with this rom, so you are on your own, at least until I have more time. (But if everything is perfectly from the start, I'd like to hear about that.) :rolleyes:

Modifications (but not in too much detail):

modified install script

modified build.prop (note: JIT is off by default)

removed some sound files and bootanimation (to increase space)

removed some apps (to increase space and get rid of things I don't use ever)

added some gapps (only the "basics")

updated stock apps (if I noticed they were outdated)

added: Quickpic, GScriptLite, AndExplorer, Touchpal (apps I prefer; also GScriptLite is for camera switching hack)

added dr.flo's libhardware_legacy.so mod to allow for MAC Address fix

added fallback font

added a modfied camswitch script (originally by dr.flo)

modified default wallpaper

modified boot.img (default speed 528, 200000 sampling_rate, swappiness 30)

thx for that twrock...rom is booting ok and seem nice...but i quickly suffer from the green screen bug ...quite a lot with reboot due i think to that green bug. so i had to stop...sorry to not tell you that everything is ok.... i will give it a new try later. i really like the black wallpaper

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

hi here a link to a tweacked build.prop http://www.mediafire.com/?7xri26n7ol35dq2 for better wifi/3g /smoother video playback/ scrolling performance and more....some of them seems to work fine...if somebody wanna test and give feed back please :)

these tweack are coming from xda and some others : http://forums.infectedrom.com/showthread.php/987-Build-prop-and-Init-d-edits-for-your-tweaking-pleasure

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=22858912

if you google about build.prop and tweacks you will find them and others...

thx for that twrock...rom is booting ok and seem nice...but i quickly suffer from the green screen bug ...quite a lot with reboot due i think to that green bug. so i had to stop...sorry to not tell you that everything is ok.... i will give it a new try later. i really like the black wallpaper

Please try to enable JIT (cyanogenmod settings - performance - enable Use JIT) and see if the green screen is solved.

I was using the CM7 from pier with JIT enables and i never see that green screen, even in the older version's of CM7 i never had that green screen. Only a few days ago i try to disable the JIT in CM7 pier's rom and in the reboot it get stuck, sometimes it reboot ok but the i have that green screens, i though that was happening because i did something wrong. But then i install the CM7 from twrock (thanks one more time for twrock work!!!) and i notice the green screen too.

In CM7 twrock rom i enable JIT and until now is working great. About camera, to make video i have to change the quality of video to low and i have no problem.

I hope you guys don't give up from CM7 rom, i steel believe that we will have a stable CM7 rom.

Guest desalesouche

Please try to enable JIT (cyanogenmod settings - performance - enable Use JIT) and see if the green screen is solved.

I was using the CM7 from pier with JIT enables and i never see that green screen, even in the older version's of CM7 i never had that green screen. Only a few days ago i try to disable the JIT in CM7 pier's rom and in the reboot it get stuck, sometimes it reboot ok but the i have that green screens, i though that was happening because i did something wrong. But then i install the CM7 from twrock (thanks one more time for twrock work!!!) and i notice the green screen too.

In CM7 twrock rom i enable JIT and until now is working great. About camera, to make video i have to change the quality of video to low and i have no problem.

I hope you guys don't give up from CM7 rom, i steel believe that we will have a stable CM7 rom.

thx for information will give it a new try today.i like very much that rom and um840 rom with last boot image...think the tweacked build prop file in post above will give a little boost to cm7.2 may be not all the tweacks but at least some of them...

edit: i put jit on and greenscreen bug seem to have disappear...:)

@ twrock:what does that lib please:libjackpal-androidterm3

Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

thx for information will give it a new try today.i like very much that rom and um840 rom with last boot image...think the tweacked build prop file in post above will give a little boost to cm7.2 may be not all the tweacks but at least some of them...

edit: i put jit on and greenscreen bug seem to have disappear...:)

@ twrock:what does that lib please:libjackpal-androidterm3

It is the lib necessary for the Terminal Emulator app I installed (to replace the original terminal app which I don't like).

JIT is easy to enable in build.prop. Funny though, I installed this rom last night and ran it for a few hours (with JIT disabled), and for the first time I did not have green screens with CM7. :huh: So I don't know what is going on.

But I went right back to using Styx. CM7 is definitely slower when using the same settings. Sure, I can boost the CPU speed and improve it, but then I'm going to be using more power. There is always a trade-off. I wish that we had a completely bug-free/stable CM6 or CM7, but there are still a few little problems. :(

But if anyone finds Onyx useful, enjoy. :)

OT, but I stopped in to an HTC store today. They had just gotten the One V delivered but not unboxed and no demo available to play with yet. I do want to look at that phone. B)

Guest desalesouche

hi here a link to a tweacked build.prop http://www.mediafire...7xri26n7ol35dq2 for better wifi/3g /smoother video playback/ scrolling performance and more....some of them seems to work fine...if somebody wanna test and give feed back please :) test done with ONYX from TWROCK but it ust be the same cith cm7.2 from PIER11 :)

these tweack are coming from xda and some others : http://forums.infect...eaking-pleasure

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=22858912

if you google about build.prop and tweacks you will find them and others...

ok it seems that the tweaks about wifi speed are working...i test with speedtest app from market...

before test 1= ping:115 s dl:2142kbps up:872kbps test 2 ping:144 dl:5330 kbps up:863 kbps

after changing build.prop test 1= ping:80 s dl:4414 up:907 test 2 ping:72 dl 6230 up 883

youtube goes faster to load on first page and also browser...

edit:adding this line in build.prop make wifi even faster ro.config.hw_fast_dormancy=1

tested with speddnet ping 69 dl 6563 up 924

if somebody can confirm

:)

edit 2: my best result with speedtest ping 134 dl 8828 kbps up884

edit 3= dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=v,o=y ----> makes apps load faster and frees more ram. seems to work very well faster transition you can see that with quickpic by exemple

edit 4 =ro.max.fling_velocity=12000 - faster scrolling if somebody can check thx

Edited by desalesouche

Guest doc_relax

Hello all,

you´re so lucky with your camera problems. Meanwhile the "occasional reboot" issue on my 8230 got worse. Therefore I reapeat my question, perhaps someone has an idea on this.

Problem: Phone is accidentally rebooting. Funny thing is, this phenomenon (plus the "horizontal lines in cam pics" bug) also appeared some time ago when I was using the CM 6.2 Mod by Tom G (look at )

My questions are: In which way does this 7.2 ROM build up on Tom G´s?

Does the 8220 differ from the 8230 in some way?

Thanks guys.

Edited by doc_relax

Guest Tico1003

Hi Twrock, Desalesouche, Pier11 and all,

I have installed Onyx ROM on Friday, since I haven finished it seems quite stable it means no green screens, no FCs, camera works nicely even with high quality and top resolution configuration. My conclusion is that definitely is a ROM much more stable than Pier11's which I have tried almost for a month (last march) cause I did like it, triying to sort out all posible combinations and tweaks but eventualy I got defeated.

Now with Onyx it seems quite different story and here below my experiences:

I have installed the ROM and immediately DarkTremor A2SD 2.7.5.2, after the first boot and after I've restored my contacts I have tried the camera and it got frozen to the point I had to remove the battery to reboot. But I haven't panicked and I continued in my test so after this second foced reboot (in which) I got the unique green screen I started to configure the DT A2SD using some of the tweaks Twrock have suggested for his CM 6.1 version, TXG and Styx. So I went to Terminal and after "su" command I've run "a2sd chachesd" of course my SD is properly formatted. After the command the phone reboots normally without green screen.

I did not hurried and I finished with DT just setting the swappiness "a2sd swappy30" and afterwards I have rebooted from terminal typing "reboot".

After another normal reboot I went to CM configuration and there move the CPU frequency Max to 614 and Min to 320, cause I have read the bigger CPU range may causes some freezing and FC's. I know I may sacrifying a bit of battery but I don't care if I gain some stability with this ROM. I have check the "Set on boot" option to keep the configuration after any boot. The Compcache and JIT I have leave them both disable. I have set the options "Lock home in memory" and "Lock messaging app in memory".

I have rebooted later with Pwr key and option menu. Later I have installed some apps without problems or green screens, I have run several times camera both photos and videos without bugs. For the first time I tried to play a video made by the camera I got a "Cannot play video" but I retried and it was succesful.

I have corrected the MAC by using the terminal and typing the code "echo 1a:2b:3c:4d:5e:6f > /data/misc/wifi/softmac" (of course with my MAC) as suggested by Twrock in his Styx thread. I have my WiFi conection nicely even I have not tried speed yet.

As Twrock appointed Onyx ROM is quite minimalist but as of today for me is very stable. I missed in this ROM the Android keyboard which in the original version from Pier11 comes with a nice Spanish dictionary (it's my mother language) ;-) , so for Onyx version I had to install the Spanish pack for TouchPal.

Thanks to you all for your hard work! I will come again with more details if something arises.

Cheers!

Guest desalesouche

hi all...any feed back about the build.prop file tweaks i posted above?...did anybody test it?:huh: thx at least i think that wifi is downloading faster with wifi tweaks...

Guest twrock

I missed in this ROM the Android keyboard which in the original version from Pier11 comes with a nice Spanish dictionary (it's my mother language) ;-) , so for Onyx version I had to install the Spanish pack for TouchPal.

The original keyboard is very easy to return to the rom.

Unzip the Onyx rom file. Delete /system/app/Touchpal.apk and /system/lib/libtouchpal.so.

Unzip Pier's rom. Find /system/app/LatinIME.apk and copy it to the Onyx rom /system/app.

Rezip Onyx rom and install.

However, the rom will be larger. Just make sure you have enough space to do it.

Regarding "minimalism", I modified this rom similar to the way that I modified dr.flo's CM6. I try to eliminate things I consider bloat as well as make the rom small enough that I can install Chinese IME into the rom. But Onyx is as "featured" as Styx.

Guest desalesouche

here is a link for build.prop tweaks and others tweaks that i found on xda forum and others place...i tried to put them all in one file but still some tweaks concerning 3 g and others are missing will update that soon.:) hope it would help and make some of us more knowledge..that is the case for me :D http://www.mediafire...czvc45bmxcb1235

will test them one by one and give feed back

(hope i can make good analyse sometimes i am so noob...:lol: )

edit:missing sentences about 3g tweaks ...think that 3gtweaks can work without this second part...is it better with them i don't know yet .i never use 3g...

# Tweak 3g speed

ro.ril.hsupa.category=5 (can be 6 or 7 some said)

ro.ril.def.agps.mode=2

ro.ril.def.agps.feature=1

ro.ril.enable.sdr=1

ro.ril.enable.gea3=1

ro.ril.enable.fd.plmn.prefix=23402,23410,23411

ro.ril.enable.a52=0

ro.ril.enable.a53=1

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

Edited by desalesouche

here is a link for build.prop tweaks and others tweaks that i found on xda forum and others place...i tried to put them all in one file but still some tweaks concerning 3 g and others are missing will update that soon.:) hope it would help and make some of us more knowledge..that is the case for me :D http://www.mediafire...czvc45bmxcb1235

will test them one by one and give feed back

(hope i can make good analyse sometimes i am so noob...:lol: )

Hi, I was going to test your tweaks before, but my phone went crazy (I forgot to format system before installing the rom and I ended up with a weird combo). Right now I installed the rom from beginning but it's kinda late here, so I'll test the tweaks tomorrow.

Have a nice day.

Guest desalesouche

@twrock about Onyx:nice rom.i have a problem with google play.when i touch the magnifying glass symbol to seek for an app nothing his happening...any idea... i tried to make screenshot whith result of speedtest but fc of screenshot app...

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

Hi, I was going to test your tweaks before, but my phone went crazy (I forgot to format system before installing the rom and I ended up with a weird combo). Right now I installed the rom from beginning but it's kinda late here, so I'll test the tweaks tomorrow.

Have a nice day.

hi.thx for that...it is also quite late here...in france and i should already be sleeping...lol but i want to make at least new tweaks about wifi and may be some more...:blink: good nite all

edit:update http://android.modaco.com/topic/351063-rom-cyanogenmod-72-kernel-2632-camera-works/page__view__findpost__p__1936365

Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

@twrock about Onyx:nice rom.i have a problem with google play.when i touch the magnifying glass symbol to seek for an app nothing his happening...any idea... i tried to make screenshot whith result of speedtest but fc of screenshot app...

No ideas, sorry. Like I said, I don't know much about this rom because I don't use it. I used to get a lot of green screens, then the camera trouble. Both were not a problem with this latest build of Onyx. But no matter what else, CM7 just seems slow to me. Everything reacts slower than with CM6, so there are not enough advantages for me to run CM7 long enough to understand all of the problems.

But, I can say that I did not notice the trouble you are describing with Play Store search function. It worked fine for me. I never even tried the screenshot app, so I have no feedback on that.

Sorry, but I'm of no real help on this rom. But I hope you and others can get things figured out and fixed. Then maybe I can update to your fixed rom myself. ;)

i had that problem in the first time i open google play, after a reboot it didn't happen again.

Until now i only detect two bugs:

- video record at high quality - it crash the app and corrupt the video file, the workaround is change the video record to low quality

- rotation - after some time it don't work, i had try several things but it didn't work, the workaround is put the rotation options in the power control widget so i can easily disable and enable the roation.

Desalesouche, i pretend to test your tweaks to boost wireless, but until now i didn't have the time. Thanks for sharing those tweaks.