Oh dear, big problems

Guest bennji.boy

Guest bennji.boy

Hi there,

I've screwed up here big time and am posting in the desperate hope that one of you genius's (is that genii?), as as happened many times before, can help me.

Last year I stood on my beloved Vega and cracked the screen. No problem, I bought a replacement screen and with help of you lot on here managed to install it and it worked fine. The only bizarre side effect was that the back button no longer worked which was not too bad because I could use the back button on the screen, although I wouldn't be able to install any new ROMs because I couldn't get into recovery any more. This wasn't too much of an issue because I was using Vegacomb and I was quite happy with it (a bit frustrating when ICS came about but lets not worry too much about that now)

Anyway, roll forward to last night and, being a bit bored and thinking that I'd like to have bluetooth working, I thought I'd do some 'investigating' and found that I had a back up ROM saved on my memory card and knowing that I did have Corvus and MCR8 installed at some point decided to restore back to it to see what it was and if bluetooth worked on it.

BIG MISTAKE

I'm now stuck on a 'if you paid extra to have this ROM on your vega you have been ripped off' boot loop (this has never happened to me on restoring an old ROM, only on installing new ROMs) and in the absence of a working back button am now unable to get into recovery to fix everything, OUCH!

1) Is there a way of getting into recovery or Clockwork Mod without needing the back button? I fear I already know the answer to this :(

2) Is there a way of repairing the back button? I have looked at the circuit board and all looks fine to my untrained eyes

3) Can you get the circuit board that houses the hard buttons as a spare part and where?

4) Is it time to buy a new Vega?

5) Any other ideas?

Thanks in desperate anticipation.

Guest dibbles

As I understand it should be fully booted with the debugging mode one. It is a long shot as you can't boot the device but I thought that it was worth a go because it could open other possibilities for you. I would try it with the device on, although like I noted it is a long shot.

A pity that, with extreme caution, you can't see on the circuit board which, if any, are the solder points to bridge to emulate the pressing of the the button for the ability to get into the recovery mode.

I do hope that you get some more qualified advice than I can offer and the best of luck to you.

Guest amh181276

1) Is there a way of getting into recovery or Clockwork Mod without needing the back button? I fear I already know the answer to this :(

Are you able to nvflash moddedstock rom then install rom manager from the market and get into recovery that way then restore one of you backups either via recovery or rom manager?

Guest bennji.boy

Are you able to nvflash moddedstock rom then install rom manager from the market and get into recovery that way then restore one of you backups either via recovery or rom manager?

Without the back button I can't get into flash recovery, I already had ROM manager installed but I can't access it because it won't boot.

Guest amh181276

Without the back button I can't get into flash recovery, I already had ROM manager installed but I can't access it because it won't boot.

Sorry yes I had thought this after I had hit reply. :-(