Photo

Motorola ICS UK - WiFi only [STOCK]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: ICS OTA upgrade from Motorola (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you applied the ICS OTA update (when available!)?

1. Yes (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. No (5 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

pawilson78

pawilson78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Xoom, O2X, Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@@pawilson78
Thought I'd start a topic for the looming ICS OTA update for the Xoom tablet, and see how people get on with the upgrade...

skull_fcuk

skull_fcuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Playing with gadgets, trying to get fit. Lol.
  • Devices:TF300t, Galaxy SIII
  • Twitter:@BigFairbairn
I just bought this tablet after seeing the Car phone warehouse offer on this fine sites news page, (thank you Modaco )
Its such a lovely bit of kit that I wish I had bought for me rather than the Wife. I know there is the hack to turn it into a US GED to enable the OTA ICS, but tbh its lovely as it is. Even used it as a GPS Sat Nav round Aberdeen, whilst tethered to my trusty Blade. Flawless:-)
I hope this £249 CPWarehouse offer lasts long enough for me to get another one :-) Will be posting here when the update rolls out.

XXXXOOOOOOOMMMMMMZ:-) :-)

pawilson78

pawilson78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I just bought this tablet after seeing the Car phone warehouse offer on this fine sites news page, (thank you Modaco )
Its such a lovely bit of kit that I wish I had bought for me rather than the Wife. I know there is the hack to turn it into a US GED to enable the OTA ICS, but tbh its lovely as it is. Even used it as a GPS Sat Nav round Aberdeen, whilst tethered to my trusty Blade. Flawless:-)
I hope this £249 CPWarehouse offer lasts long enough for me to get another one :-) Will be posting here when the update rolls out.

XXXXOOOOOOOMMMMMMZ:-) :-)

Same as! CPW special - bargain in my eyes. Think I'll stick with stock for now too. Does your device show 1Gb RAM or 512Mb btw?

skull_fcuk

skull_fcuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Playing with gadgets, trying to get fit. Lol.
  • Devices:TF300t, Galaxy SIII
  • Twitter:@BigFairbairn

Same as! CPW special - bargain in my eyes. Think I'll stick with stock for now too. Does your device show 1Gb RAM or 512Mb btw?

512mb.

stonebear

stonebear

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid MT, LG O2X
I got one from Dixons for £224. :)

I think the best way to get ICS is unlock the bootloader, then stick CWM on it and flash this http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1446469

There are custom ICS roms around but I am happy with the stock + root. For overclocking I just flashed a custom kernel http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1454863

pawilson78

pawilson78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Yeah I could root the thing and stick a custom ROM and/or kernel on it, but I thought as the official UK ICS was imminent I'd wait for that first. Aside from the US ROM, is there a fully functioning ROM out there for the Xoom?

Deejay

Deejay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
well still waiting - Motorola really dragging their feet!
Thought we were going to be one of the first...now nearly last!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users