New here and looking for some advice ?

Guest jamie501

Guest jamie501

Hi,

I smashed the screen on my SF1 yesterday so I need a new phone and im looking at getting the SF2.

I followed this guide..... http://www.sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/how-to-install-custom-roms-android-2-2-from-scratch-on-the-orange-san-francisco-zte-blade/ ........ for my SF1 and found it pretty easy to do as a begginer and had no problems.

however Ive been doing alot of reading up over the last couple of days and the guides for the SF2 seem a lot more complex and need some prior knowledge. is this guide the best one to follow

or is there going to be an easier way to unlock/install new rom ect

any help much appreciated

jamie

(or is the motorola defy going to be easier for me to unlock/install new rom ?)

Guest jamie501

the guide you linked is the one to follow. I followed it step by step and had no problems. It looks hard but its really not :).

thanks for the reply, will go any buy a SFII tomorrow and give it a go and if I get stuck then im sure people on here will point me in the right direction wink.gif

edit: Ive just dowloaded file in the first point, this one ;

Download THIS file and install it.

and it isnt recognised on my macbook pro, is the tutorial for windows only ?

Edited by jamie501

Guest raverrr

thanks for the reply, will go any buy a SFII tomorrow and give it a go and if I get stuck then im sure people on here will point me in the right direction wink.gif

edit: Ive just dowloaded file in the first point, this one ;

Download THIS file and install it.

and it isnt recognised on my macbook pro, is the tutorial for windows only ?

Yer the guide is for windows.

As long as you are methodical and follow the steps to the letter you should have no problems. If you havn't got access to a windows PC i cant help i'm afraid.

Guest jamie501

Yer the guide is for windows.

As long as you are methodical and follow the steps to the letter you should have no problems. If you havn't got access to a windows PC i cant help i'm afraid.

Ill be able to get hold of a windows laptop, so will give it a go using that.

thanks again for your help

Guest jamie501

Right after a couple of days of the SFII's being out of stock at my local orange shop I managed to pick one up this morning and ive got hold of a windows laptop so im going to follow the guide and see how I get on.

Guest jamie501

Right just realised that Windows dont just do stuff like a mac does......I had to dowload 'winzip' and I think ive got it sorted now

will probably be beack with more questions rolleyes.gif

Guest jamie501

Power off. USB out. Hold vol+ down then press and hold power as well until Mode screen appears.

thanks , worked (well holding volume + didnt but using volume - it did)

Guest jamie501

Finaly got to this stage

• If you are sure you want to Unlock your phone press "START!"
  • Sit and wait it out, Should take no more than two minutes until it is finished and Unlocked!

but when I pressed start the progress bar hasent moved after 5 mins of waiting, what have I done wrong now ?

sorry for all the questions

Guest ROMZERO

Finaly got to this stage

• If you are sure you want to Unlock your phone press "START!"
  • Sit and wait it out, Should take no more than two minutes until it is finished and Unlocked!

but when I pressed start the progress bar hasent moved after 5 mins of waiting, what have I done wrong now ?

sorry for all the questions

no just wait it hangs at that point

Guest jamie501

well after about 5 hours and a load of problems ive finally done it, The main problem was my lack of knowledge using windows laptops the other parts where easy , thanks again for the help

Guest ROMZERO

well after about 5 hours and a load of problems ive finally done it, The main problem was my lack of knowledge using windows laptops the other parts where easy , thanks again for the help

haha! thats what it was like for me too. enjoy dude.

• 5 months later...
Guest jamie501

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I need help again.

basically, today my phone kept force closing apps so I thought I would turn it off and back on again, however it wont turn back on it just sticks on the google boot screen ?

how can I get my phone working again ?

any help much appreciated

cheers

jamie

Guest jamie501

tried taking the battery out a few times but still no luck.

cant get into CWM as its going to the FTM screen . How can I get to clockwork ?

cheers

Guest AmbushReality
tried taking the battery out a few times but still no luck.

cant get into CWM as its going to the FTM screen . How can I get to clockwork ?

cheers

You need to actually INSTALL CWM

Guest chris231

if it's really stuck, only thing I can suggest is to TPT it and reinstall a rom from scratch.

like I have explained here:

obviously TPTs repartition the phone as well so the size depends on the rom you are hopeing to use.

Chris