Misc issues

Guest Kizuxtheo

Guest Kizuxtheo

New Issues GO TO: http://android.modaco.com/topic/351228-touch-screen-issues/page__p__1892535#entry1892535

First of all, I'm using the Racerboy-Vamshi CyanogenMod Based LeWa gingerbread rom.

The problem is my touch screen, a lot of times when I touch the screen, the phone recognizes it as a double touch, and some few times when the touch is recognized a couple of cm away, like I'm trying to touch the space bar on the keyboard, and it recognizes it like I pressed the D key.

I was having this problem when I was using 2.2 froyo too, so I think its a phone issue.

How can I fix this?

Edited by Kizuxtheo

Guest massacre^

Since our budget phone got a resistive touch screen its almost impossible to get better touchscreen caliberation and sensitivity...as vamshi told in that thread his kernel got the perfect sensitivity and caliberation...

Guest Kizuxtheo

Well, today I confirmed that the touch screen has issues when is used with the tip of your finger. When I use my finger nail or the stylus, it works completely okay.

EDIT: Now I have to ask a couple of questions about the phone since this problem is somewhat resolved and I don't want to open a new thread.

1. Some times, I have problems with the signal. The phone suddenly stops receiving signal out of nowhere, and it can last like that for a good time. Or when I use the subway or when I am in a place that doesn't have reception for too long, the phone just stays there, and I have to toggle air plane mode so I can receive signal again.

2. I was using CPU Master for a time, it helped with the battery life, but now my battery started to run short again, I used to go to college listening to music and checking the phone on my arrival and it was 95% battery, now I do that and the battery is at 85%. I've been using the same ROM and app (btw, the CPU Master is set to Min: 245.76 MHz, Max: 729.6 MHz and Scaling: smartassV2)

I was reading about battery calibration (with his own app) and was thinking about doing it. Do you recommend it? I've heard of it not working, or even messing up the batteries. (As far as I know, battery calibration is recommended when flashing a different rom, so, should I do it?)

Edited by Kizuxtheo

Guest redhawkuk

My Racer's isn't very reliable either it I guess that's the price you pay for a tiny resistive touch screen.

It seems to be more accurate when applying reasonable pressure not when you press lightly.

Same issue?? - http://android.modac...-screen-issues/

Does anyone know if resistive screen detects the amount of pressure or simply the fact there is an X and Y point??

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

Guest Kizuxtheo

For all you, I recommend using Swift Key X, it really helps typing with this phone a lot, the predictions are excellent, even when you do horrible typos thanks to the touch screen. And the battery issue, I guess it was mischarging? Today the phone battery lasted normally.