Official ICS and leaked Samsung ROMS

Guest V5er

Guest Androidlover287

I am running the latest sammy release as a daily driver....been running it for about 2 weeks, no trouble so far. Everything i need works.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Apparently ICS 4.0.3 is available in KIES. I'm rooted and running Paul's MCR rom, so, I've downloaded the firmware manually and installed that. Working rather well.

Guest le_lutin

Apparently ICS 4.0.3 is available in KIES. I'm rooted and running Paul's MCR rom, so, I've downloaded the firmware manually and installed that. Working rather well.

4.0.3 is absolutely, definitely not available via Kies.

Guest Androidlover287

Glad to hear it's working well.

Did you just download the ROM and update your phone's firmware? Or does the rooted CWM method have to be used?

Sorry for the late reply...i have been away, i installed via odin, so you don't have to use the CWM way.....however there are custom roms out there...look up 'AndyX rom' and u'll find what i'm talking about.

Ifcourse, i forgot to mention i am rooted....but i think that was obvious.

Edited by Androidlover287

Guest stevenz

DId no one notice Gary's CWM flashable ICS firmwares in this very topic?

LPB is quick & stable. It has a few minor quirks, but it's more than suitable for daily use.

Guest anguscmac
Yes but I would have to root my phone to install a 3rd party ROM. Which I don't understand how to do with this phone.

If you are interested in getting root access, all the information you need is over on xda forums. There are multiple guides on rooting with step-by-step instructions. It's good fun as you can release the full potential of these awesome phones! Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

don't put too much expectation on the release date

yes, i did

Frankly I'm now very happy with the way my phone is set up currently.

But according to gsmarena, ICS has officially started seeding in some countries and will hit the UK next week.

• 1 month later...
Guest bangzey

4.0.3 is absolutely, definitely not available via Kies.

yes it is me and my pal have both update3d via kies to 4.0.3 in the uk on 02 bought from cpwhouse

Guest GoNz0

yes it is me and my pal have both update3d via kies to 4.0.3 in the uk on 02 bought from cpwhouse

not when the other guy posted it though.

maybe you should check the dates before you post ;)