Photo

[ICS] [ROM][Updated:22/Feb] CyanogenMod 9 (Vivacity + Sanfran2)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Adam Cable

Adam Cable

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Only issues are:
- the home button doesn't work on the San Fran.
- the camera doesn't work - I get "Camera error - Can't connect to the camera"

Edited by Adam Cable, 22 February 2012 - 01:00 PM.

MCZQ

MCZQ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent
Happy to hear the basics work, and thrilled for you SanFran2 guys getting touchscreen sorted at last! Give your thanks to Fuzzra for that :)

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain
Just loaded it up on the San Fran 2, mostly the same problems as before.

I tried flashing the google apps from here, it seemed to work but nothing is available while using the phone, no market, no gmail, etc.

Tracking works fine but here's what I noticed not working so far :

Keyboard wouldn't change from alpha to numeric while in the wireless section, it seems to be some kind of graphical layering problems as I also had some flickering when messages showed.

Applications:

Browser works but is very slow
Calculator won't open, black screen, eventually caused reboot
Calendar won't open, black screen, asks for force close
Camera won't work, "Can't connect to the camera"
Clock Works
Downloads Works
DSPManager Works
Email asks for details, Works
Gallery opens but doesn't show images from sdcard
Messaging opens but no account yet
Music opens but shows nothing
News and Weather Works, Although Weather says "No weather location available"
"People" opens and allows you to add a contact but says it won't be backed up cos google account isn't signed in
Phone seems to work but no contacts
Rom Manager seems to work as it does in 2.3.5
Settings works but some sections have place holders and are missing but this is the same as CM9
Speech Recorder seems to work
SuperUser works and shows Rom Manager as having root permissions
Terminal Emulator shows up and works
Voice Dialer froze up, I removed usb cable and phone rebooted
ZTE Skate Settings opens up but the proximity sensor doesn't seem to blank the screen.

MCZQ, Do you have a link for a version of the google apps that will work on our phone?

MCZQ

MCZQ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Googleapps zip is not required this time as its included. As default i was able to make a new google account and login + check emails and use market etc. Weirdly it seemed to be kernel related why that wouldnt work last time.

The only crashing / rebooting I have seen during my testing has been USB/Mounting SDCard related. So You could try your voice search without USB being connected.

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
OK, Tried flashing the rom without flashing the google apps pack and I'm still not getting any google apps, no market, no gmail, nothing. What's that all about?

I went into the apps, no market. I went into the settings, then into Accounts & Sync, then "Add Account" and all that shows is Corporate and Email, No Google.

Tried restarting a couple of time, no joy.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa, 22 February 2012 - 02:47 PM.

SGH-i200

SGH-i200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i200, LG P990

Issue: Vivacity Home button is broken

I just installed a CM7 ROM to my Skate and found an option to add home/back/menu action to the power menu! -> Settings/Tablet tweaks/Extended power menu

http://android.modac...i-download-now/

Edited by SGH-i200, 22 February 2012 - 03:36 PM.

windy_miller

windy_miller

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco II
Good to see some progress here. Think I will hold off installing until most of the issues have been ironed out though.

MCZQ

MCZQ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

OK, Tried flashing the rom without flashing the google apps pack and I'm still not getting any google apps, no market, no gmail, nothing. What's that all about?

I went into the apps, no market. I went into the settings, then into Accounts & Sync, then "Add Account" and all that shows is Corporate and Email, No Google.

I am puzzled as I dont even have a gapps.zip on my sdcard any more - You can find a list of what I assume is the latest here http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ I need my phone ATM so cannot wipe to test for you. At least we know a working combo is deffo out there as I am using it lol :)

SGH-i200, that could be a nice workaround I shall look into that - My guesture homebutton app is becoming a pain (Zmooth lite)

Edited by MCZQ, 22 February 2012 - 03:37 PM.

SGH-i200

SGH-i200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i200, LG P990

Gallery opens but doesn't show images from sdcard

It's the same with an Tilal CM9 ROM I'm using on my Skate - I think both ROMs have the same source.

http://android.modac...m-updated-2102/

Edited by SGH-i200, 22 February 2012 - 04:38 PM.

MCZQ

MCZQ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

It's the same with an Tilal CM9 ROM I'm using an my Skate - I think both ROMs have the same source.

http://android.modac...m-updated-2102/

Yup as per my OP credit goes to him :)

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Moto g

I didn't have Gapps either after flashing ROM but then used used MCZQ's link to download/flash & AOK.
Calendar wouldn't let me in either but I suspect the server settings are not configured properly. I installed Calengoo from market, entered my Google account & it synced immediately.
Not sure what calculator issue is but again a Market replacement works perfectly.

I've had quite a few reboots but I have been doing a lot of app installs - now that I've completed that I'll get a better idea of how stable it is. Aside from stability (to be determined) the camera is the only major issue for me at this point - Gallery opens but I don't have any images yet so I'm not sure if it functions properly. It seems clear that there are less issues on Vivacity than SFII

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

I didn't have Gapps either after flashing ROM but then used MCZQ's link to download/flash & AOK.

Which link is that? This one? http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ I tried downloading the gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip one but it still didn't work. I assume that's the correct one to be using?

I don't understand it at all, I get no google apps whatsoever.

It seems clear that there are less issues on Vivacity than SFII

It would seem so, I don't understand how they can be so different when they have the same innards.

Never mind, Lalit is gonna start providing me with builds from tomorrow so hopefully I can have more joy with them.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa, 22 February 2012 - 06:21 PM.

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Which link is that? This one? http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ I tried downloading the gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip one but it still didn't work. I assume that's the correct one to be using?

I don't understand it at all, I get no google apps whatsoever.

It would seem so, I don't understand how they can be so different when they have the same innards.

Never mind, Lalit is gonna start providing me with builds from tomorrow so hopefully I can have more joy with them.

PsYcHoKiLLa - I used link in MCZQ's post quoted on 1st page - http://www.mediafire...lx9f937kq9aivaf

Btw - just to confirm that all soft buttons (except Home) work as they should. I am confident these issues will be sorted now this is up & running - I hope the new builds will help.

I have been exploring it's features today - it's like having a new phone!! Thanks again to all working to make this available

Edited by Titas, 23 February 2012 - 09:23 AM.

jasonleeds

jasonleeds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:zte crescent & zte blade
gallery not loading pics from sd card - also crahses going in to gallery settings.
home button not working
No google - no market - no option in sync settings for google either
calculator = black screen
calender = black screen
camera = error message "could not connect to camera"
Dev tools - some things work others freeze the phone until usb pull.
live wallpapers not working
most widgets work - calender works but black screen when launched. gallery widget gave me screen garbage then crahsed..batery pull needed

DSP manager seems to work, although didnt try my headset, could set bass etc EQ seemed to cash until you tap the screen then it appears.

wifi seems fine.
Alarms work ok
incoming calls & txt all seem ok
outgoing calls & txt work ok - although muting your mic does not. - loudspeaker works but volume is very quiet
browser works but is slow at rendering pages, otherwise usable.
music player is ok
phonebook works if restoring a backup from sd card
rom manager seems fine
search is ok
speech recorder seemed to work ok
super user is ok
terminal emulator is fine

Things crashing while pluged in via usb seem to lock the phone until you pull the usb then phone restarts.

This is this list ive got of working not working.
gunna have a bit more of a play see what else i find, it still awesome to have ICS on my SFII

Big thanks to all you guys working to get this right

----- just read about the gapps ics package so will download and try this now

ZTE Blade - CM7
Samsung Galaxy Fit - Razodroid v4
ZTE Crescent SF2
  • developing - DroidTE @ Modaco Thread
  • main rom - Fish'n'Chips - RLS6
  • Testing - anything other than stock

Posted Image

MCZQ

MCZQ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Guys if you change the CPU setting from "ondemand" to smartassv2 things improve. I let that slip through my release :( Your welcome to try others, Performence is max cpu 24/7

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Guys if you change the CPU setting from "ondemand" to smartassv2 things improve. I let that slip through my release :( Your welcome to try others, Performence is max cpu 24/7

Thanks - have done that!

MCZQ

MCZQ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
After some aimless playing FM radio works with this app http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1059296

Audo output method: "GalaxyS Danger" Output Device" Headset
Regional Band UK
Debug - FM Chip Boradcom BC 4330/20780 Enable
use fm_hcitool

reboot

Edited by MCZQ, 23 February 2012 - 11:02 AM.

jasonleeds

jasonleeds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:zte crescent & zte blade
the Gapps package sorts the lack of google.
been noticing a lot of random phone resets but reading now im back from work, ill set the cpu setting see what happens.
really great to have ICS on my phone, friends are miffed lol

ZTE Blade - CM7
Samsung Galaxy Fit - Razodroid v4
ZTE Crescent SF2
  • developing - DroidTE @ Modaco Thread
  • main rom - Fish'n'Chips - RLS6
  • Testing - anything other than stock

Posted Image

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Removed. Sorry - double post.

Edited by Titas, 23 February 2012 - 08:48 PM.

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

After some aimless playing FM radio works with this app http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1059296

Audo output method: "GalaxyS Danger" Output Device" Headset
Regional Band UK
Debug - FM Chip Boradcom BC 4330/20780 Enable
use fm_hcitool

reboot

Thanks for the settings MCZQ - Spirit FM radio works nicely. The only thing that bothered me was that I had to allow 11 separate SuperUser permission requests. - initially I thought it was not "remembering" the permission but they are apparently from different commands within the app. ( Did you get this too?) Once granted though it seems to fine. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users