Driver Trouble

Guest bleebloop

Guest bleebloop

Hi,

I got an OSF II today and used the ztecrescent.blogspot unlocking guide and installed Fish and Chips, and everything went very smoothly. However, I realised I installed an early release of FnC and want to update it. I didn't install CWM initially, and I am now having some trouble doing so and I think it's to do with the drivers.

When I plug the phone in to the USB it mounts the SD card, but it DOES NOT start USB de-bugging unless I eject the virtual CD drive it creates, as mentioned in the ZTE Skate forum. Once I do this then ADB Interface shows up in the Device Manager. If I then try to reboot to bootloader using cmd, it does the triple "dingdingding" noise to say USB device not recognised, and under Device Manager the ADB INterface disappears.

Other > Android then shows up with a yellow question mark and adb will no longer recognise the device. I presume because it's the same problem that creates the virtual cd drive and thus stops debugging starting.

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest woodywoodpecker

Hi,

I got an OSF II today and used the ztecrescent.blogspot unlocking guide and installed Fish and Chips, and everything went very smoothly. However, I realised I installed an early release of FnC and want to update it. I didn't install CWM initially, and I am now having some trouble doing so and I think it's to do with the drivers.

When I plug the phone in to the USB it mounts the SD card, but it DOES NOT start USB de-bugging unless I eject the virtual CD drive it creates, as mentioned in the ZTE Skate forum. Once I do this then ADB Interface shows up in the Device Manager. If I then try to reboot to bootloader using cmd, it does the triple "dingdingding" noise to say USB device not recognised, and under Device Manager the ADB INterface disappears.

Other > Android then shows up with a yellow question mark and adb will no longer recognise the device. I presume because it's the same problem that creates the virtual cd drive and thus stops debugging starting.

Anyone got any ideas?

Your easiest way is to d/load this and run it, this will get you back to clockwork to install newer rom

http://www.mediafire.com/?b6gobcqnwg6ccpk

Guest bleebloop

Your easiest way is to d/load this and run it, this will get you back to clockwork to install newer rom

http://www.mediafire...b6gobcqnwg6ccpk

Hi, thanks for this - it has worked, but only up to a point. I got to CWM and wiped the data/factory reset, cache partition and Dalvik partition, then reinstalled the older ROM as I couldn't get the new one to work (kept coming up with E:signtaure verification failed - Installation aborted) and rebooted, but now it hangs on the green Android logo and doesn't start. Any ideas what to do next?

Guest woodywoodpecker

Hi, thanks for this - it has worked, but only up to a point. I got to CWM and wiped the data/factory reset, cache partition and Dalvik partition, then reinstalled the older ROM as I couldn't get the new one to work (kept coming up with E:signtaure verification failed - Installation aborted) and rebooted, but now it hangs on the green Android logo and doesn't start. Any ideas what to do next?

Hi mate i would re d/load the rom again, i would also format the sd card on your pc first if you have a usb adaptor and start all over again. let us know how you get on. If that fails d/load the stock rom and install that, i think its the rom corrupt that your installing or a dodgy sd card, start again and see how you go. Did you deff d/load this rom for your phone this is the one you need http://www.mediafire.com/?39keyp8uavcuj83

Edited by woodywoodpecker

Guest bleebloop

Hi mate i would re d/load the rom again, i would also format the sd card on your pc first if you have a usb adaptor and start all over again. let us know how you get on. If that fails d/load the stock rom and install that, i think its the rom corrupt that your installing or a dodgy sd card, start again and see how you go. Did you deff d/load this rom for your phone this is the one you need http://www.mediafire...39keyp8uavcuj83

I did a quick search last night before I went out about hanging at boot screen after installing a new ROM and found a few posts about it saying to run the installation twice so I tried that and it works fine. That's for the older version of Fish and Chips though, I think the newer one was corrupt like you said. Might just leave it to be honest - just happy it's back to a working state and everything. Just got a couple of gripes that I'm trying to iron out (not making a text tone for some reason and there doesn't seem to be any auto-complete or predictive text) but otherwise running fine.

Still problems with my drivers but that sounds like a massive hassle to fix - trawling through the registry and deleting everything Android related etc.