TUTORIAL for compiling MiUi ROM

Guest sheennick

Could someone mirror patchrom, the one on Miui's site is painfully slow.

BurgerZ agreed to try compiling MIUIUIUIUIUI, So,

Wheee :D

Edited by adizz

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

Spotted this as it got ported to Skate. Based on CM7 and it's said to be compiled from MiCode's Patchrom (and I think meaning compiled using the bits of code they actually released and not using the ridiculous patcher that has nothing to do with compiling ;)).

http://www.miui.com/thread-466565-1-1.html

Quickly tested it and it seems to work well. Not exactly my cup of tea, but MIUI lovers should be ecstatic. :P

Edit. And it seems it just got updated while writing this...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest BurgerZ

It's not pure MIUI ROM. This ROM was generally merged from CM7 with the RomPatcher from MICODE. It has CM Settings instead of MIUI, no miui specific framework, databases.... Lot of things does not work.

I've built such a rom with patcher last week.

Guest KonstaT

It's not pure MIUI ROM. This ROM was generally merged from CM7 with the RomPatcher from MICODE. It has CM Settings instead of MIUI, no miui specific framework, databases.... Lot of things does not work.

Well, what did you expect? At best it can only have the few bits that MiCode has released. It has key parts of MIUI framework and few MIUI apps. It looks like MIUI, MIUI themes work, MIUI notifications work, MIUI apps work, etc. MiCode never released any source code for the settings (or even smali code).

Actually even the MIUI4 ports now everywhere are not "pure MIUI". Everything with ICS is still at the beginning and AOSP/CM9/MIUI4 forks are still so close to each other that the whole frameworks/apps can be copied to another ROM.

Why haven't/don't you release it then? You would be the first person in the world to use the patcher successfully. Or maybe it's more like the ROM I made on the very first day MiCode patcher was released that just force-closes a lot (and I know why, and I know why the patcher will never work). ;)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest equiliym

Why haven't/don't you release it then? You would be the first person in the world to use the patcher successfully. Or maybe it's more like the ROM I made on the very first day MiCode patcher was released that just force-closes a lot (and I know why, and I know why the patcher will never work). ;)

true that, i tried 5-6 different roms, fixed errors when compiling and everything FCing regarding missing resources, didnt know how to get that fixed :o

Guest BurgerZ

I have built aosp 2.3.7 r1 rom, then with the patcher it was successfully patched with miui UI. Yeah, some apps FCs... thats weird.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk