arabic language for 2.3.6 official release

Guest waj911

Get an app keyboard from app market i guess. Or if you have a nandroid backup of 2.2 froyo that came pre installed i could try something. I didnt make a nandroid backup hence i dont have it and there is no way to revert to it. Morever i dont use arabic much so it was useless to me anyway.

There won't be official arabic for acer smartphones; they don't sell them in Middle-east.

If you need arabic, I can help you out. I arabized my stock 2.3.6

Acer sell phones in the middle east. How else would one person buy it if he lives there. I remember perfectly that my keyboard had arabic support in english mode in 2.2 Froyo.

Get an app keyboard from app market i guess. Or if you have a nandroid backup of 2.2 froyo that came pre installed i could try something. I didnt make a nandroid backup hence i dont have it and there is no way to revert to it. Morever i dont use arabic much so it was useless to me anyway.

I already have an arabic keyboard , but my problem the letter in arabic are separated we i read a message or browsing websites.

Thanks for help .<br style=""> <br style="">

There won't be official arabic for acer smartphones; they don't sell them in Middle-east.

If you need arabic, I can help you out. I arabized my stock 2.3.6

Please Help Me If You Can

Acer sell phones in the middle east. How else would one person buy it if he lives there. I remember perfectly that my keyboard had arabic support in english mode in 2.2 Froyo.

They don't offer smartphones on their Middle-east site. I am sure waj911 didn't buy his phone from there. Anyway...

Please Help Me If You Can

Do you have rooted your phone, recovery installed and made a backup?

I live here And i Have bought my mobile from Here. And if you go to their website you will see a list of their distributors here.

Maybe I was wrong by saying that they are not selling smartphones, but still they don't support native Arabic UI firmware! You can't download firmware from their UAE site like you can from European sites. So you got arabized your 2.3.6?

I dont use arabic. 2.2.2 had support arabic. But it wasnt like highly developed. Every word was separate. Just like english. Arabic is a complex language. Maybe a port from any other device Could have support.

All such languages were put under GEN3. And GEN3 never got any updates. So migrating to GEN1 is compulsory.

They don't offer smartphones on their Middle-east site. I am sure waj911 didn't buy his phone from there. Anyway...

Do you have rooted your phone, recovery installed and made a backup?

sorry , but i bought it from ksa.

Yes , i did.

Edited by waj911

http://blog.devasque.com/?page_id=11

With this guide I arabized 2.3.6

But, I say again: root phone, install recovery and don't try anything before making a backup.

first, thanks for all fo you guys.

second, i did this method but the file " libicuuc-arabic.so" fail to transfer to phone . now i have this problem "this is extremely important, failing to place this file will result in a boot loop of your device"

note i already have a back up but i don't know how to recover the backup .

Edited by waj911

If you have a bootloop now, but still can go in recovery mode, you can mount system partition and push that file with adb while in recovery mode

you shouldn't need a backup for now, only push that file (and all other files in output folder).

Edit... you need android-sdk for this, if you haven't yet.

http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r16-windows.exe

Edited by fonero

If you have a bootloop now, but still can go in recovery mode, you can mount system partition and push that file with adb while in recovery mode

you shouldn't need a backup for now, only push that file (and all other files in output folder).

Edit... you need android-sdk for this, if you haven't yet.

http://dl.google.com...r16-windows.exe

now it is working fine.

I think this is for writing Arabic. But he will not be able to read correct Arabic in browser and gmail

regarding to Arabic writing i am using arabic Text & Ibrahim keyboard from the market they are working perfectly .

and iam using browser Arabic Hebrew patch from the market for browser and it is working perfectly .while for gmail the letters for the Subject are separated. the Message itself the letters are connected.

but i still have problem with other programs such as whats app .

Edited by waj911