Rom Porting

Guest massacre^

Guest massacre^

Would inserting kernel into a rom from another device just by copy pasting work?? I know its a stupid question :unsure:

Edited by massacre^

Guest Racerboy

the kernel contains drivers and configurations for specific devices, replacing that alone would not make an attempted port work, you would also need to modify/replace certain library/binary files for most ports from the BLADE to work, and thats just to get it booting/working, other things that need changing would the build.prop, possibly framework for ldpi/mdpi (depending on rom) systemui.apk, settings.apk (for additional modding)..........porting from other devices other than BLADE will take alot longer to do as their internal working are different ie different hardware, rom file system layout slightly different..............

Guest equiliym

the kernel contains drivers and configurations for specific devices, replacing that alone would not make an attempted port work, you would also need to modify/replace certain library/binary files for most ports from the BLADE to work, and thats just to get it booting/working, other things that need changing would the build.prop, possibly framework for ldpi/mdpi (depending on rom) systemui.apk, settings.apk (for additional modding)..........porting from other devices other than BLADE will take alot longer to do as their internal working are different ie different hardware, rom file system layout slightly different..............

this pretty much explained it all :D ofc it would be somewhat easier if its aosp and you know programming, that way you can write/modify already existing code to make it work on certain device

you want to port something massacre?

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

im fixing that, dont bother with it, will post full rom next week, got few more issues to fix and its done.. having problems with google apps atm, some FCing etc, here are some shots

edit: will post if people stop stealing my work that is :P

post-840416-0-78701900-1328875011_thumb.

post-840416-0-43109800-1328875034_thumb.

post-840416-0-02802100-1328875053_thumb.

Edited by equiliym

Guest Racerboy

im fixing that, dont bother with it, will post full rom next week, got few more issues to fix and its done.. having problems with google apps atm, some FCing etc, here are some shots

i was gonna have another go at porting that myself but lol, but its your baby :D ......look forward to seeing it

p.s. write a disclaimer in your thread when you release it about not sharing to any 3rd party sites or certain USERS dry.gif uploading to other sites without permission...

It looks greatcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifblink.gif

Guest equiliym

only very sadist attention seekers will do that.

yeah, there are people like that even here :(

i was gonna have another go at porting that myself but lol, but its your baby :D ......look forward to seeing it

p.s. write a disclaimer in your thread when you release it about not sharing to any 3rd party sites or certain USERS dry.gif uploading to other sites without permission...

i just might do that tho with bolded and underlined letters :D will try finishing it for next week, kinda messed up something last night lol

It looks greatcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifblink.gif

thanks.. ill make a thread when i finish it so we can all discuss there :P

Guest massacre^

i am waiting for the rom :D

dev is just not my thing until i change my damn pc which is amd sempron with 512mb ram, no graphics card and 500gb hdd..i tried to install ubuntu which i had previously in an external hdd which is not with me anymore..the whole hdd crashed so had to run to store and luckily got warranty... maybe sometime later if i have got money i will upgrade my pc and try to give something to this wonderful community

Till then thumbs up to all the devs for their awesome work..!

Guest kiran-reddy

Great Rom Equilym.. waiting for release.. :D

Guest plegdroid

yeah, there are people like that even here :(

we've not heard from the fellow for a while........

;) :P

will be something different again, as always thankful for your work :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest mladenovic73

thanks guys, will get it uploaded later today or tomorrow :P

@mladenovic obicna prehlada, temperatura ali nervira jako, po ceo dan u krevetu >.>

I hardly wait to see new rom.

offtopic Sta da ti kazem,vidis kako je blesavo vreme.Nadam se da ce brzo proci.smile.gif

Guest equiliym

I hardly wait to see new rom.

offtopic Sta da ti kazem,vidis kako je blesavo vreme.Nadam se da ce brzo proci.smile.gif

nadrogirao se antibioticima, bicu ok vec sutra :D