USB connection problem, please help!:(

Guest Petexx

Hi guys,

Yesterday I tried to install CF-Root via Odin. The process wouldn't work as I got stuck on:<ID:0/009> Added!!

<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..

<ID:0/009> File analysis..

<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..

So I tried changing USB ports and re-installing drivers.

Since then my PC (win7 64bit) does nothing when I connect my phone, I tried KIES connection troubleshooter and it made no difference. I tried uninstalling drivers and KIES several times now. Still, neither KIES nor my PC can see phone.

The only thing that happens when I connect my S2 is short bleep on my phone and message saying MTP initialisation and MTP connected but then nothing happens on my PC, KIES can't see the phone etc.

Any ideas please?

Guest dandana

Hi guys,

Yesterday I tried to install CF-Root via Odin. The process wouldn't work as I got stuck on:<ID:0/009> Added!!

<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..

<ID:0/009> File analysis..

<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..

So I tried changing USB ports and re-installing drivers.

Since then my PC (win7 64bit) does nothing when I connect my phone, I tried KIES connection troubleshooter and it made no difference. I tried uninstalling drivers and KIES several times now. Still, neither KIES nor my PC can see phone.

The only thing that happens when I connect my S2 is short bleep on my phone and message saying MTP initialisation and MTP connected but then nothing happens on my PC, KIES can't see the phone etc.

Any ideas please?

Its USB debugging ticked on the phone? Settings-Applications-Development.

Its USB debugging ticked on the phone? Settings-Applications-Development.

Hi,

I tried with debugging and without it. I guess the problem lies within my Windows. I need to completely remove everything associated with KIES and drivers so that when I connect the device again it will reinstall the drivers like it was plugged in for the first time, but how do I do that?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest petrosy

Hi,

I tried with debugging and without it. I guess the problem lies within my Windows. I need to completely remove everything associated with KIES and drivers so that when I connect the device again it will reinstall the drivers like it was plugged in for the first time, but how do I do that?

I have had this exact issue. The USB connector on my phone was faulty and I had it repaired. It was driving me insane... there is loads of post regarding this around the web.

Obviously your situation may be different!