- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Dai323

Dai323

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I've always wondered why we can't force the second core? Even when overclocked we are only using the phone to half of its potential if we can only use 1 of the 2 cores. Is it due to kernels not yet being compatible for more than 1 core on ICS?

markgs

markgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Sensation
Battery after 35 hours 34%. Pleased with results from that combination. Going back to Trips standard B005 to try something else and keep close to the original release.

petar.bgd

petar.bgd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:htc sensation

I've always wondered why we can't force the second core? Even when overclocked we are only using the phone to half of its potential if we can only use 1 of the 2 cores. Is it due to kernels not yet being compatible for more than 1 core on ICS?

Because ICS native support for multiple cores. When it's needed ICS bring up second core, and 3.0 kernels are completely compatible with ICS. If you run ,let say Antutu, bench score will be more than 2 times better then single core processor on 1.2 MHz. Do you think that Sensation can make that with only one core up? Don't think so

Dano79

Dano79

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Mobile Web Design- Salt Water Aquariums- Horticulture
  • Devices:HTC 4g Sensation
  • Twitter:@danielsreef79
Stupid newbs asking Bs questions and complaing about Gtalk is most likely what got it locked

Mulletcutter

Mulletcutter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Glacier / Pyramid(soon)

Get system tuner pro, then u can force CPU online

petar.bgd

petar.bgd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Get system tuner pro, then u can force CPU online

I'll be careful with that.. in Sensation threads on XDA that was indicated as a problem, first as faster draining of battery, overheating and soft booting. Tried myself and got resets after 30 min. Can't make a claim that will happen to everyone, but its not bad to know.

Mulletcutter

Mulletcutter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

I'll be careful with that.. in Sensation threads on XDA that was indicated as a problem, first as faster draining of battery, overheating and soft booting. Tried myself and got resets after 30 min. Can't make a claim that will happen to everyone, but its not bad to know.

I didn't say it was good, of course battery drain, I did it for like 3 minuets....it runs smooth just the way it is.

varxx

varxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation (TMo)
What firmware are most of you using with Trip's CM9? I'm running 3.24 from xda's Sensation forum, but I'm wondering if it would be better to go with Trip's custom fw.

bonesy

bonesy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:touch hd
Rather than PAY for system tools pro you can get the free version to set the speeds then download Romanbb's Bloater.apk and get Lee's dual core script, dont have to pay anything then. The latest version of system tools free works fine with OC.s

Mulletcutter

Mulletcutter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
My network toggle does not work anymore, I have it set to 2g/2g-3g and nothing happens when I select it. It worked b4 but now nothing.

sergeybrin

sergeybrin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
trip moved cm9 over to rootzwiki forums.

petar.bgd

petar.bgd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

trip moved cm9 over to rootzwiki forums.

and MIUI to MIUI.US

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users