Does I use data using this rom???

no it is still not working.

Carter07

Carter07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal

you have unique phone seems.. try to remember what have you done just before sending it to sleep?

I rememeber I was downloading dead trigger from play store with screen off.
In the last 2 days however I'm not having random shut down. :)
Maybe it was a problem with battery because after the first charge don't have it anymore.

Edited by Carter07, 26 February 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

I rememeber I was downloading dead trigger from play store with screen off.

uhm looks like wifi deep sleep issue, which is common for some chips those drivers were upgraded to ics without changing kernel driver. For sure I can't fix such behaviour..

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
Latest source for CM9 just got uploaded to my tree (for now only device tree, not kernel which has some little corrections).
Now everybody could compile latest source and get flashable archive as well as the newest cwm recovery(well, for ics, we're not talking about jb ones which are for sure newer).
I rejected my fixes on camera part (were totally wrong :P), and managed to get netmgrd to run.
So, camera and data STILL NOT WORKING, the only issue seems remained in kernel part.

That source should have been uploaded last summer, but something went totally wrong so I haven't released them until now.

Let me also update issues list somebody needs to fix up:
  • couldn't mmap handle on the client
    - actually the last thing I got from huawei library which points to kernel/system allocator - pmem device; it might be little wrong, incomplete or so, so that somebody need a way to debug it first.
  • netmgrd is actually running, framework gives to libril right parameters, it passes them to netmgrd - then boom - and netmgrd hungs on waiting answer, so whole telephony chain got ruined on that point; I bet netmgrd awaits something from kernel, but kernel can't answer back; If one could find what's actually wrong here - he will get data to work.
Also I could offer one deal with gingerbread CM7 source. If somebody could get one of the bunch opensource libraries on CM7 to work (at the same time getting rid of the acer proprietary crap) we could wrap it then to CM9 routines and finally get camera to work. It seems easier than trying to find trouble in kernel (which has perfect camera driver, thx acer!).

PS:
I'm not going to back, but I'm still here to help anybody that could take this project over.

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
kernel changes are also commited now.

drmad

drmad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:Liquid MT, Casper TAB
great lens!

drmad

drmad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:Liquid MT, Casper TAB
how can I do to prove the changes?

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

how can I do to prove the changes?

do you mean where to check those changes? For that purpose I just updated first post with links to github repos.No new version will be out, as for mere user nothing changed.

Carter07

Carter07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal

uhm looks like wifi deep sleep issue, which is common for some chips those drivers were upgraded to ics without changing kernel driver. For sure I can't fix such behaviour..

Yep, now happened again with wi-fi in deep sleep. :(

Is there a way to undervolt cpu with this rom?

Edited by Carter07, 02 March 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Is there a way to undervolt cpu with this rom?

build own undervolt kernel.

acer-

acer-

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Also I could offer one deal with gingerbread CM7 source. If somebody could get one of the bunch opensource libraries on CM7 to work (at the same time getting rid of the acer proprietary crap) we could wrap it then to CM9 routines and finally get camera to work. It seems easier than trying to find trouble in kernel (which has perfect camera driver, thx acer!).

Unable to compile latest CM7
Whenever the
make -j10 
(yup 5 cores to spare in virtual box)
command is issued
the output is
Spoiler

There is an error in the product_config.mk!!! (looks like forgot to edit the device when you ported it from Desire HD :P)
and has nobody got his error ??? (or nobody has compiled)
I think you forgot to edit that or am i doing something wrong ????

( if you want to ask why i am compiling cm7 then the answer is I am seeing if there are any updates and also checking if the java is working correctly )

as for cm9 fabiorino is resyncing the repo as i am posting

Thanx to fabiorino for his wonderful PC

Edited by acer-, 02 March 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Spare time = Zero

Ideas =

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Unable to compile latest CM7
Whenever the

make -j10
(yup 5 cores to spare in virtual box)
command is issued
the output is

Spoiler

build/core/product_config.mk:196: ** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_ace.mk]]: "device/htc/ace/ace.mk"
There is an error in the product_config.mk!!! (looks like forgot to edit the device when you ported it from Desire HD :P)
and has nobody got his error ??? (or nobody has compiled)
I think you forgot to edit that or am i doing something wrong ????

you should issue liquidcm.sh first. And I ported from desire Z, not HD. Latest cm7 (-b gingerbread) has no error like that.

acer-

acer-

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

you should issue liquidcm.sh first. And I ported from desire Z, not HD. Latest cm7 (-b gingerbread) has no error like that.

Liquidcm.sh was issued
All the command were issued without any problems

HTC ace is desire HD

Spare time = Zero

Ideas =

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Liquidcm.sh was issued
All the command were issued without any problems

wait for me on gtalk instead, it would be much faster than arguing here..

HTC ace is desire HD

nobody argues :D it's just first device in devices list of cm7 itself, so you got such error.

acer-

acer-

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

wait for me on gtalk instead, it would be much faster than arguing here.. nobody argues :D it's just first device in devices list of cm7 itself, so you got such error.

Sorry i can't talk now
I am very busy
lucky I have got a few MBs on data plan remaining :)

I figured that (about ace) later
But still not sure about why it came in the first place

So problem is still not solved :(

We will argue about it from 12 March if you don't mind -__-

Spare time = Zero

Ideas =

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

I figured that (about ace) later
But still not sure about why it came in the first place

So problem is still not solved :(

make sure you have a4 defines in vendor/cyanogen: vendorsetup.sh, AndroidProducts.mk, folder in products. Tree is 100% right.

acer-

acer-

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

make sure you have a4 defines in vendor/cyanogen: vendorsetup.sh, AndroidProducts.mk, folder in products. Tree is 100% right.

Looks like it is compiling
I cant say for sure
but the last error i encountered was that of wrong java version I had jdk 1.7. something but it wanted v1.6 so installed it began again from extract-files.sh (just to be sure..... liquidcm.sh patch was already applied )
then I went to have dinner and he has not emailed with any error since (this happened last night ) so the rom must be surely compiled by now (lets hope [):(] )

@lens i am online now :)

Edited by acer-, 05 March 2013 - 06:38 AM.

Spare time = Zero

Ideas =

fabiorino

fabiorino

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal (S120)
Java error still remain, the problem is that if i check with java -version, results that i have java 1.6

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
forget about gb and camera at all, I got an actual reason of all the crap we get from opensource camera drivers: jpeg callback.. just imagine, damn Acer just got rid of it, everywhere! That actually means, that when AOSP camera tries to access picture, preview, video, Acer happily returns ZERO, without any way to bypass it (coz all that stuff both system and kernel might get only from oemcamera lib, which is pure proprietary). Nothing to do with mmap, overlay, kernel drivers and whatnot.

acer-

acer-

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

forget about gb and camera at all, I got an actual reason of all the crap we get from opensource camera drivers: jpeg callback.. just imagine, damn Acer just got rid of it, everywhere! That actually means, that when AOSP camera tries to access picture, preview, video, Acer happily returns ZERO, without any way to bypass it (coz all that stuff both system and kernel might get only from oemcamera lib, which is pure proprietary). Nothing to do with mmap, overlay, kernel drivers and whatnot.

Which translates to Liquid MT will not get Camera on ICS until acer release the code

Spare time = Zero

Ideas =

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users