CM9 (ICS) for O2X

Guest eViLsTieFel

Guest moonie17

Its nice, just I don't know how to register my Gmail account, and sync all the stuff that I love from android...

You need to download Gapps mate, google it and choose the one for 4.0.3!

Is this from this guy?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AvhPSapHpE1odDVsRWhDbWQtamZkZzhQZXU0UVZEamc#gid=0

or not?

Seems slightly different set of 'not workings'. BTW last I heard the graphics acceleration was still a hack, which stopped the camcorder, etc. from working. Without proper HW Acc there wasn't likely to be a fully working ROM, and that depended on NVidia getting their fingers out and playing ball.

Guest kruppin

They may be different guys, but they have probably helped each other seeing how soon after that list shows working, it's released. But I could be wrong, and in that case, the release of the others sources Could make it better, even if RC probably is more experienced android dev.

Guest everett_psycho

Well I tried it and its not half bad for a first release. A lot of obvious bugs so not great for daily use but a very good start, quite speedy too. I'm looking forward to the ice updates again now, its not a bad little progression for android but its quite different.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Guest dbbloke

The camera on this ROM is AMAZING. I can take 1 picture a second, just like all those demos of the galaxy nexus. Always thought the 2X had hardware issues, my camera used to take forever (3 seconds) seems it was SW.

Now if they can just get the video working. And if I can work out if Quadrant V2.0 2650 is good on ICS.  

Guest kuronow

After trying it , i have to say it was really great, have some issuea with the radio, some freeze out of nowwhere, but for a alpha release it was great... ill keep an eye on that xP

Guest c.joenie

I am currently using SK1, and it is absolutely great! We only miss FM-raio, video recording and video decoding/encoding and some native ICS apps that have some specific acceleration stuff implemented such as google Chrome are not working.

But other than that: I love it!!!

Guest eViLsTieFel

SK3 was just released, now featuring configurable storage mounts and the ICS data-limits feature (useful for people on a tight data plan). Same thread as above.

Guest everett_psycho

My cm7 developed a load of issues recently so instead of solving that I've wiped and I'm giving ics a proper try for a few days from a fresh install. So far its good, there's the obvious problems they've mentioned but its very stable and fast, I managed to keep all my apps using titanium and selectively reinstalling the old apps. The music and e-mail apps are the 2 that don't work that I would use, but win amp and other E-mail apps have filled the void. I'm looking forward to this developing further but at this point in time I may not bother going back to cm7

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mcnob

What baseband are people using with this CM9 build? I've tried the v20q 725BB but calls just end before they even dial. Gone back to trusty 502BB but I'm getting failed SMS on that one now.

Guest goatee

0606 works a treat for me :).

What baseband are people using with this CM9 build? I've tried the v20q 725BB but calls just end before they even dial. Gone back to trusty 502BB but I'm getting failed SMS on that one now.